This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old March 15th, 2013, 09:22 AM

Corporal

Mario_Fr is on a distinguished road
Default fixing infantry in the campaign mode (experience)

In the campaign mode you can fix your troops after every battle. But it seems that the replacement has already the same experience as the crippled unit. This isn`t noticeably when you just started a campaign, but a little bit strange later on when an infantry squad (or gun/mortar crew) has gained a lot of experience and keeps it`s level even after having suffered heavy casualties. So their recruits are already elite and on the same level? Wouldn`t it be more realistic, if the replacement is based on the base experience level of the particular country? In this case experience would drop depending on the casualties suffered. I have seen this in Panzer General and Panzer Corps and really liked it.

Mario
Old March 15th, 2013, 09:36 AM

Corporal

georgesedlak is on a distinguished road
Default Re: fixing infantry in the campaign mode (experience)

Even a cadre of a couple of guys can get newbies up to speed pretty quickly.
Old March 15th, 2013, 05:00 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

As georgesedlak said if there are survivors they can quickly get the unit up to speed.
If its wiped out then it buys a new unit at that countrys setting losing any experience gain.

Common practice to spread "Veterans" among the new recruits to get them up to speed.

Its also common to try & identify them & kill them making the rest an easy target ask the Americans in Vietnam.

Generalising its only after that time period that training makes the whole squad a combat force before that maybe 2 or 3 men tops would be the backbone of the squad, get them & its game over.
This probably applies to most 3rd world countries even now & is reflected in the experince factor they are given in the game.
Most of the main players took on board British, Israeli training methods to help aleviate this problem & while I have not checked thats probably reflected in the game to by them leading the experience tables.

A lot of work has gone into this game & to me it shows despite the fact some things are abstracted it plays in a way that feels right.
Old March 16th, 2013, 08:00 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road

In my experinces with the game,causlites on infranty have a definate effect when repaired on exp.and morale.

Less so on Vets and elites becuase they tend to suffer less causlities as they are better at surviving and as (you) the user will also tend to keep them from getting too shot up too bad and let them go less than half thier pre-battle strength.
Old March 16th, 2013, 08:39 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Agree thats more how I think it works though I dont tend to look at it.
Units gain experience for being involved in combat, more if they cause damage or a kill.
They lose experince due to taking damage.
Surviving damaged units can therefore still gain experince if they dealt out more punishment than they recieved.
Replacements drop the experince slightly & the unit is near enough back to the experince it started the battle with.
If it had taken no damage it would have gained more experince.

That said if you dont like it do what I do & sell off some units after each battle & buy new identical ones with the base experience. The one place in my opinion this game fails is experince 100+ units are just to damn good & it spoils the game having a force composed of men in capes & underwear