BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old February 7th, 2017, 04:56 PM

Private

Old Gamer is on a distinguished road
Default Question about command replacement

I am playing a campaign game and the company commander’s tank was knocked out and all of the crew was killed including the company commander. When I bought a replacement for the tank in the next battle of the campaign I got a sergeant as the vehicle commander but no new company commander. How do I get a replacement company commander? I know, keep the CO back under cover. The Chinese infantry squad infiltrated through the trees and close assaulted the CO tank. They were annihilated the next friendly fire phase but that didn’t help the dead CO. I have a couple of Platoon leaders in the company that are good and could be promoted. Is there a way to do that?
Old February 7th, 2017, 05:38 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Question about command replacement

No, that is the way the game works. A dead commander is generally replaced with a section leader level leader.

He will need to level himself up over the next few battles in order to rise in rank/leadership level.

One advantage to the tank company HQs with 2 tanks is that the subordinate will usually be available (the X1 leader) and so be more experienced than a raw newbie. You can swap leader with the change leader button on the HQ menu at deployment if a CD owner, so leader X1 goes into the X0 slot.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old March 3rd, 2017, 06:24 PM

Private

Viking John is on a distinguished road

Possible ? for next upgrade

Would any of this be possible ? I know things are limited by coding .

1. Is it possible to make it so we can reasigne Platoon leaders , right now it does not allows this. My reason is If a company commander gets killed and we have a good Lt in a platoon , we could transfer him to the company leader's formation and then transfer the replacement leader to the platoon .

2. Also would it be possible to make be able to promote a unit from a platoon to make a new Comapany HQ formation , then we could just cross attach platoons

3. Would it be possible to save your core units So you could use them in another campain ? It would be nice to use the same troops to fight Warsaw pack in 1980 as I used fighting VC in the 75. Also , would like to fight warsaw pact , then use same core to fight in the pacific against china or North korea or middle east . Does not make sence to fight them both in same campain ,,, I cant see the army transporting a unit between theaters until one theater is won.
Old March 3rd, 2017, 09:34 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

All would be very nice options - but mostly impossible to do.

as to the dead leader getting an "inappropriate" rank - I may have a look at this for the next release. Idea would be that a platoon leader gets a "2 lt" label, etc. - in other words, do precisely what the initialisation code does when buying a formation.

Since these "ranks" in SP are merely that - labels. Whether a platoon leader is a "recruit" or a "brigadier" means nothing to the code, other than when it puts up the rank text by the name.
Old March 21st, 2017, 02:56 PM

Private

Viking John is on a distinguished road

what I have been doing as a work around is editing the FO and FO vehical formation (since all FO units have officer )so there is 2 , then buy and move one into the Company HQ formation ,, that gives the Company HQ a 2nd officer ,, then just change the unit to the type needed for the company . You loose a little exparince that way but then executive officers are there to learn anyway . I think it would work with helicopter unit also but then you would either have understrength unit or have to delete it next turn.