Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 1st, 2019, 11:29 AM

Corporal

anlubue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Infantry class differences, MG fire modes while delaying

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaS TrooP View Post
Well, but you have all the data provided in game, with armour, penetrations, speed and fire control settings. Why not comparing them?
Yes, I understand this question well. I should name an example.

Name:  a.JPG
Views: 904
Size:  88.6 KB

In the above picture I have seen a unit armed with a carbine. The maximum range of the weapon is 500 meters. The cost is 25. These guys I throw from a plane and with a little luck they land next to an enemy unit. All good, they're doing their thing.

Name:  b.JPG
Views: 830
Size:  84.8 KB

And there is another group of FJg's. Apart from that the guy on the photograph looks like he's thinking of his girl, this unit has a submachine gun instead of the 98k and costs 24 points. The maximum Range of the smg is 150 meters. (They also have different MG's but that does not bother me with my thoughts now.)

Normally, I would prefer the unit which is a bit more expensive so I do not have to think about it. But in this case, I think it would be better to land next to an enemy with a submachine gun in hand, rather than a carbine and therefore, although a comparison of the pure data would allow a different resume, I'd prefer the paratroopers with MP38/40.

And because of all these, I thought to myself: Hey (Yoh), why do not you just delete all the units you do not understand and then you just have two different paratroopers during your second world war? One with bazooka for later and once with any predecessor of the bazooka for beginning of war. Both times with submachine guns. A good stroke of genius mhm?

In the pictures you can see also why I was wondering that some units are underlined and the others are not. Thanks for the explanation @Andy.