.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old November 12th, 2008, 03:53 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tactical Suggestions

Turn 16

North edge enemy attacked has stopped. All enemy infantry in this sector are pinned or running. I'm too weak in this area to push at the moment. Waiting for infantry support to arrive. Moderate enemy casualties from direct and indirect fire.

Action in front of 1/2 gap at a peak. Two more Valentine III tanks destroyed and one damaged. Three of my SS infantry units surrendered, so my casualties in this area were heavy. Pesky FOO unit finally destroyed. The remaining three Valentine IIIs should be destroyed or running during the next turn.

Friendly infantry pushing over the top of hill 4. Enemy infantry is running. One Valentine IX tank destroyed by tank fire. There was one more IX tank behind it. The last I saw, it was running home through the smoke. Abandoned IX tank destroyed. The crew won't come back for that one. The only enemy infantry visible is running away from hill 4. One victory hex on the hill was secured by a scout with supporting infantry nearby. Hill 4 looks like it's mine. Last six tanks in reserve release to exploit gap in enemy middle.

Enemy advance in front of hill 3 appears to be broken. All enemy units are running.

South edge enemy force is broken. All enemy units are running.

Aside from the action in front of the 2/3 gap, the enemy is on the run. A general advance has been ordered.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 35 infantry casualties.

Enemy: Two Valentine III tanks destroyed, two Valentine IX tanks destroyed, estimated 30 infantry casualties.
Old November 12th, 2008, 04:19 PM

Captain

Turn 17

The rout is on. Enemy running in all sectors. Two of remaining Valentine III tanks in front of 1/2 gap destroyed. Last one is damaged. Light casualties there. Running Valentine IX tank found in smoke on hill 4 and destroyed by infantry. 12 enemy infantry units destroyed or dispersed.

I'm shifting my SPAs again. Now that the enemy artillery doesn't have an good targets to engage, it will probably start some counter battery fire. I'm holding my fire to allow resupply of towed units and for when I eventually find the enemy towed guns.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 infantry casualties.

Enemy: Two Valentine III tanks destroyed, one Valentine IX tank destroyed, estimated 50+ infantry casualties.
Old November 12th, 2008, 04:46 PM

Captain

Turn 18

A few brave enemy units tried to put up a bit of resistance, but didn't hit anything. I did suffer one casualty to random incoming mail. Remaining Valentine III was running, but got nailed in the rear by one of my PzKw IVg tanks. All known enemy tanks have been destroyed. An additional 10 enemy infantry units were destroyed/dispersed. One of my StuGs actually ran out of machine gun ammo! How's that for a lot of shooting. I've never had that happen before.

Casualties

Friendly: One

Enemy: One Valentine III tank destroyed, estimated 40+ infantry casualties.
Old November 12th, 2008, 05:17 PM

Captain

Turn 19

Still receiving incoming mail. Most was random, but there was a concentration on one of my 75mm ATG. No damage. The crew should be ready to run, however. I've got a nearby track that was going to remove the gun. Instead, I'll follow the crew and wait for them to regain their wits and take them to safety. We can recover the gun after the battle.

Remnants of three enemy infantry sections are making stands at various locations. I took one casualty as a result. Six more enemy infantry units destroyed/disrupted.

The enemy still hold four victory hexes. I'm redeploying my ATGs and some infantry units to cover what I have. No sense letting Rambo, the super sniper, pop up and take one. Other units are advancing forward. Aside from engaging running enemy infantry, my tanks are holding back to wait for the infantry to get out front.

Casualties

Friendly: One

Enemy: Estimated 25 infantry casualties.
Old November 12th, 2008, 05:50 PM

Captain

Turn 20

My ATG crew took more of a beating than I realized. There is only one survivor. A track picked him up and took him to safety. Overall, the enemy incoming has tapered off. A couple of concentrations hitting nothing but empty sand.

The enemy infantry that was putting up token resistance has stopped and all are running.

A while back, I mentioned two enemy 3in mortars...well, it's time to send a little outgoing mail

Casualties

Friendly: Five

Enemy: Estimated 10 infantry casualties.
Old November 12th, 2008, 06:01 PM

Captain

Turn 21

More random incoming artillery. I lost a few more men. My outgoing hit the enemy mortars. One took casualties, one didn't. After I adjust, I don't expect either one to be operating after next turn.

Captured one more victory hex. Three to go. It's all pretty much winding down.

Casualties

Friendly: Two

Old November 12th, 2008, 06:17 PM

Captain

Turn 22

Still random incoming mail. Outgoing was adjusted on both mortars. The one hit hardest the first go around was abandoned, so I adjusted fire East of it to try to get the crew. The other mortar was pinned, but got hit hard after the adjustment is also abandoned.

Still mopping up enemy units.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero

Old November 12th, 2008, 06:38 PM

Captain

Turn 24

I intentionally skipped turn 23, unless everyone wants to keep hearing about random artillery and didn't see anything as I moved forward

The hills have eyes, because incoming mail became a little less random this turn. One recon track was destroyed and a tank immobilized. Artillery hit was on target for other units as well, but they weren't damaged. Time for them to scatter.

I found the enemy HQ unit and also the first of what I'm sure is several 40mm Bofors. The HQ unit was routed by small arms fire and I have artillery plotted on the Bofors. The bad thing is the Bofors blocks my path to the back edge victory hex. I have to detour around it and the artillery that will rain in next turn. All other victory hexes have been captured.

Casualties

Friendly: One SdKfz 250/8 destroyed.

Enemy: Estimated 3 infantry casualties.
Old November 12th, 2008, 06:53 PM

Captain

Turn 25

All units in impact zone of enemy artillery scattered except immobilized tank. It's still fine, other than being immobilized

Enemy HQ unit destroyed by small arms and tank fire.

Found a second Bofors. Unfortunately, the enemy finally got around to counter battery fire. They targeted the battery that was about to hit the first Bofors, so nothing fired. The crews weren't injured, but they sure do run easily. I plotted some of my SPAs on the first Bofors. In the meantime, I've got infantry maneuvering against them as well. They also have two tanks supporting from formation D. That formation has had it rough. Two other tanks were damaged during the battle prep fire and the tanks just immobilized was from D also. The attack on the Bofors will take place once the artillery hits.

A scout is working it's way around and is within 700 meters of the last victory hex.

Casualties

Enemy:
Estimated 4 infantry casualties.
Old November 12th, 2008, 07:05 PM

Captain

Turn 26

The crews to one of my batteries is running. Not one casualty!! Guess 40 men all have dinner dates in Berlin and don't want to be late

My other artillery hit the two Bofors. Those crews are running also, but at least they have a reason too. They took 50% casualties. My infantry will move out to finish the abandoned guns. If they spot more Bofors, I'll shift my artillery. Otherwise, I'll just cease fire.

The scout is now 500 meters away and can almost see the last victory hex. A routed enemy crew is around the location. Not sure where he's from. Maybe one of the abandoned mortars. Another scout unit got to one of them and put it permanently out of action.

Casualties

Enemy: One 3in mortar destroyed, estimated 10 infantry casualties.