.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > After Action Reports
Notices

Old January 30th, 2010, 09:48 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Com vs Com

Russian attack vs Chinese

Looking at my units the first thought is arrive slowly for 2 reasons, my mine clear vehicles are well back so need to catch up & to let my arty work, upon looking some have been modded 200 ammo so can just keep firing even rockets have loads. This could cause as many problems as it fixes as bombarding a town which will be full of shellholes & smoke plus mines from CM arty. Plan as approaching town from North & West is start light arty on outskirts & ramp it up becoming a rolling barrage that should kill anyone silly enough to leave there entrenchments. I have 4 TI units including 2 FOOs so want to get one one each hill overlooking town before ramp it up for maximum effect. All units will withdraw to a safe distance once taken apart from a few platoons to protect them for half a dozen turns before roll into town.

Main force has scout party 1 turn ahead facing an obvious delay point as I dont attack with scouts 2 go forward & debuss under cover of dischargers while rest head for hills either side for an overlook for ATGMs etc & want a second path apart from the roads as have a massive convoy approaching.
This proved sensible found 2 scouts in the hills but not before they called down arty though just got away with it as realised, I was waiting for mine to fall so had to do a quick relocate. Stormed the choke point & headed for town tanks poping a bit of smoke to cover BMPs following, town is completly blanketed with smoke & 2/3rds of the hills but a lot of ground to charge across though it turns out to be empty. I have 4 helos & they risk flying high to get near the hills & watch for ATGM launches along with the spotter plane. One helo bails after taking a point of damage in a lucky hit but seemed better than skimming the ground & risking bumping into troops. One ATGM eluded me & got a track plus a breif moment driving up to a bunker that fired at 100metres, several units drove past it everybody failed to see it even after it fired had to send a unit back to find it, blind as bats yet found the sniper okay.

The West force started slower as not so far to go, well dead slow forgot about them on turn one There are a few tanks guarding here & hard to spot as dont want to commit BMPs so up to the tanks to find them. Positions partly screened by woods need to offer flank to move forward but turns out its fine 2 tanks have 15 smoke between them so follow & place as needed along with the odd discharger & they are gone. Smokes down in front of town here to & tanks blow off some to let BMPs run up, find a few infantry & head for town. Its turn 8 both hills will be in my possession next turn some infantry is in position to check for mines while the rest hide including BMPs till get rid of his arty currently have 5 units on CB so wont be long though FOOs will have to wait a bit before going on as expect arty strikes. TOS-1s have moved into position to start firing with loads of ammo resupply nearby. There seems to be a large concentration of tanks at the West end of town, hard to tell with all the dust helos are shifting over to help locate, they are not in town itself so will do without arty support. Plan now is MMGs GLs on hills with FOOs while rest move to end of town & kill people exiting as I have a good 30 turns of artillery barrage will start rolling it in 5 turns or so & enter town, by then his arty should be silent.
Infantry SAMs are covering arty parks in case I missed anyone & Tungs are going to leapfrog forward to give the armour good air cover.
The Following User Says Thank You to Imp For This Useful Post:
Old February 4th, 2010, 08:44 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Com vs Com

Well that was an intresting exercise never had so much arty & had to amend the plan.
Takes a lot to make them leave there positions if your not nearby & rockets dont let you get close unless insanity strikes. Waiting for them to exit was therefore pointless as I think those that left cover perished in the onslaught. 9 batteries in one location for a few turns would get some but by no means all to vacate meaning situation normal perhaps the odd guy routed that would not have been with far less arty as you still have to stop it & go in. I dont think acheived much more effect in this respect than playing with levels of arty I am used to plus the smoke & mines from CM caused there own problems. Certainly less is far easier to manage & get the maximum effect out of than 3 pages worth though does possibly speed things up slightly as can start bombarding next location in preperation once you get a pattern going.
Once had it sorted town was not that hard as nearly all units were pinned to much to fire RPGs or assault vehicles the only problem being if you missed one & they recovered.
The Following User Says Thank You to Imp For This Useful Post: