.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Coliseum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 20th, 2004, 04:47 PM

Corporal

JeffGeorge is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie Questions

I recently purchased Coliseum and I have to say that it's a great buy and a lot of fun. However, I hope someone is still monitoring this board as I have some questions about the mechanics that will help me make better decisions.

1) Does Injury % affect a fighter's arena performance?

2) Is healing rate affected by training a fighter or sending him on a quest?

3) Does fatigue have an effect on a fighter's arena performance?

4) Can training your fighters on the Last day of a season have an effect?

5) I used an enchantment that subtracted one from my opponent's damage. The number displayed under my fighter was, correctly, one less than that stated in the combat message screen. When I used an enchantment that increased my damage to an opponent by one, the combat message screen number and the amount displayed under the opponent were the same. Is it already adding the +1 damage in the text display?

6) What does the "random" effect in spell descriptions mean? For example, if it says random +100 gold per day does that mean there is a random chance of getting 100 gold each day the spell is in effect?

7) Are there any plans for further updates / enhancements / sequels?

8) The help text implies that the league frowns upon spell use. Is there ever a time that there are negative repercussions from this?

9) Are you allowed only one fighter to be in the finals, even if two or more of yours have the better scores? Does the ranking screen include exactly one fighter from each team, regardless if another team has a second fighter with a higher score?

Any boring number crunching information of how the game works is welcome, especially combat!

(Oh, I'm also using the 1.6 patch and the first time I ever had one of my fighters killed in the arena the game hung during the news phase, as I saw others posted for 1.5.)

Jeff