.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old June 23rd, 2004, 03:43 PM

Major

st.patrik is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Karan Game (in progress)

maybe what we should have done was to get Mictlan to attack Pan, but me not attack Abysia until I had cleaned up Arco. Since Abysia didn't connect anywhere with Mictlan he might not have been able to jump in with much force. However, hindsight is 20/20.

Honestly I think one of the reasons why I hesitated was because I had a bad feeling about attacking you guys.
Old June 23rd, 2004, 04:44 PM

General

Graeme Dice is on a distinguished road

What I really want to know is just how many clams and what kind of astral income R'Lyeh had by the end. It must have been huge by turn 80. Pan and I also had an alliance, and were almost certain that Man and Mictlan were allied, so as soon as Mictlan began attacking Pan I would have jumped in and started attacking Man.

[ June 23, 2004, 15:45: Message edited by: Graeme Dice ]
Old June 23rd, 2004, 05:56 PM

Major

Teraswaerto is on a distinguished road

What we should've done was attack Pangaea while he was still fighting Caelum, since the birdmen would've been a "free" ally at that point, though from what I saw, Caelum's war machine was rather underwhelming...
Old June 23rd, 2004, 07:50 PM

Major

st.patrik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Teraswaerto:
from what I saw, Caelum's war machine was rather underwhelming...
this is definitely true - perhaps because he lost a bunch of mammoths to Abysia early on.

But I think you're right about attacking when Caelum was going down.

Graeme, you really would have attacked me without me attacking you, just because Mictlan attacked Pangaea? This is surprising to me - even if you're pretty certain people are allied, it's still something of a step to attack unprovoked.

I should point out the one good thing gained by waiting: an ally in Machaka. This wouldn't have come without us beating up on Arco together.
Old June 23rd, 2004, 08:35 PM

General

Graeme Dice is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by st.patrik:
Graeme, you really would have attacked me without me attacking you, just because Mictlan attacked Pangaea? This is surprising to me - even if you're pretty certain people are allied, it's still something of a step to attack unprovoked.
It was our battle plan to keep you from continuing to gain strength while Pan and Mictlan battled each other.
Old June 30th, 2004, 04:08 AM

Private

J Stanley is on a distinguished road

Heh forgot about this thread... Anyway, I was R'yleh. My clam hoarding was very inefficent as I do not have the patience for it, and it was something I had learned on my own vs. the AI which is kinda forgiving in those matters. Regardless, I was getting right around 400 astral pearls a turn (that includes the Arcane Nexus.) I really did not know which side to join in the battle. Pangaea and I had signed a NA pact right in the begining, then Abysia invited me to attack C'tis so I liked them. But Mictlan and I had done some trades, and then Man pressed the "which side will you take" issue which I gave a non-answer to. So, I was either going to do nothing but cast the fun spells I had never cast before, or attack Ulm, who I had not heard a word from.