.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old August 28th, 2006, 04:24 AM

Sergeant

okiN is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Silent Seas AAR

Nice writing, makes for interesting reading.

About that bit on the White Ones reincarnating - are you able to specify what that means in practice or don't you know either?
Old August 28th, 2006, 06:09 AM

Sergeant

WSzaboPeter is on a distinguished road

Great AAR, gratulations. I hope we will meet soon in the field of battle.
Old August 28th, 2006, 09:53 AM

Major

st.patrik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
okiN said:
Nice writing, makes for interesting reading.

About that bit on the White Ones reincarnating - are you able to specify what that means in practice or don't you know either?
thanks

I don't think the White Ones reincarnation has any game-play effects (like getting a free unit or something). I like to think that being reincarnated as a Markata is what happens to a Guru if they didn't lead a good enough life though
Old August 28th, 2006, 09:56 AM

Major

turn 6
Devasura led my forces to victory against the Caelians. They had a medium-sized army of about 40 deer tribe archers, as well as Caelian militia. Victor, sadly, met his end in the battle. This might have had something to do with his willingness to be placed alone in the front row of the combat. No other news except that T'ien Ch'i has appointed a prophet.

What I'm realizing is that if I am going to be able to fight against the Caelians effectively I will need to recruit some armoured Bandar to put in the front and attract arrows. In melee my Yavanas are pretty much unstoppable, but they are susceptible to arrows.

The province I just took is next to the Caelian Capitol. Looks like they have a Mountain City, which is tough to take (700 defence vs. my fortified city's 250). This turn I will take the province to the west of the one I just took, which is directly south of their Capitol. In addition, I am kinda hoping that Caelum will attack my weakest province if they counter-attack. Accordingly I am going to move troops into there, led by the Guru Divya, so that in case they attack, there will be a welcoming committee.

Aside from that I am recruiting more Yavanas and now armoured Bandar as a meatshield.

T'ien Ch'i has hired a group of fown spawn as mercenaries, and they are on my border. I will send one of my yogis down there with a few Yavanas just in case they stumble across the border. Abhiviraja will go along for the ride. I desperately need gold. Since my only priests are Yakshas and Yakshinis, and I need priests to bless my Yavanas, until I have some more gold I am limited to one fully effective army. I can alchemize earth gems, but what I really need is a big fat farmland province with an income over 200. So far the provinces have all been kinda poor.

Research is going slowly. I guess that's one of the downsides of being imprisoned.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 440750-Mountain City6.jpg (175.2 KB, 198 views)
Old August 28th, 2006, 10:44 AM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road

Good going, but that Caelian fort looks like a tough nut to crack. The gurus aren't your best mages I hope?

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.
Old August 28th, 2006, 10:54 AM

Lieutenant General

Daynarr is on a distinguished road

Not even close. Kailasa has some really nasty mages.
Old August 28th, 2006, 11:16 AM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

> I don't think the White Ones reincarnation has any game-play effects (like getting a free unit or something). I like to think that being reincarnated as a Markata is what happens to a Guru if they didn't lead a good enough life though

Of course it has an effect (unless some bug has appeared). The white one might reincarnate, in name and body (although the body might be a lesser or greater one, dependent on the karma of the white one). Or become one with the awakening god, increasing dominion.
Old August 28th, 2006, 11:42 AM

Sergeant

okiN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
st.patrik said:
T'ien Ch'i has hired a group of fown spawn as mercenaries, and they are on my border.
Is this a new unit or just a typo of foul spawn? Also, are you forbidden to post combat screens or have you simply refrained from doing so because there hasn't been anything particularly interesting to show?

Quote:
Kristoffer O said:
Of course it has an effect (unless some bug has appeared). The white one might reincarnate, in name and body (although the body might be a lesser or greater one, dependent on the karma of the white one). Or become one with the awakening god, increasing dominion.
That sounds great, thanks for clearing it up. Just to keep bugging you: how is the karma determined, does it actually depend on the actions of the White One or is it random?
Old August 28th, 2006, 12:52 PM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Kristoffer O said:
> I don't think the White Ones reincarnation has any game-play effects (like getting a free unit or something). I like to think that being reincarnated as a Markata is what happens to a Guru if they didn't lead a good enough life though

That's pretty awesome.

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.
Old August 28th, 2006, 12:52 PM

Major

Quote:
Kristoffer O said:

oops! I guess I probably should have known that! sorry