Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old July 17th, 2006, 06:38 PM

Private

Captain_G is on a distinguished road
Default Couple \"bugs\"

Hi

I'm playing the game awfully too much and my social life is no more atm lol
However i noticed a couple defects that can't really spoil the game but that i'll report just in case you wonder what to put in next patch

Here they are :

- Low experience units (eg set country training to none, and the experience level to 30) sometimes have a secondary rating below 0 ... In the savegame provided, tank unit F0 has an arty rating of 254

- When motorcycles are destroyed on mines, they leave some burning smoke. See hex 28,47 on same savegame

Thans for your neverending support for the steel panthers series
Attached Files
File Type: zip 434995-report.zip (158.9 KB, 130 views)
Old July 17th, 2006, 09:57 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,425 Times in 2,696 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Couple \"bugs\"

Quote:
Captain_G said:
Hi

I'm playing the game awfully too much and my social life is no more atm lol
However i noticed a couple defects that can't really spoil the game but that i'll report just in case you wonder what to put in next patch

Here they are :

- Low experience units (eg set country training to none, and the experience level to 30) sometimes have a secondary rating below 0 ... In the savegame provided, tank unit F0 has an arty rating of 254
****OK any other examples or just that one? I couldn't find another one. You may be the first person ever to set the experience level to 30 to see what numbers pop up for ratings and since there only seems to be one unit that looks like it slipped and "went "'round the dial" it's hardly worth worrying about. If it occasionally produces strange results I can live with that as only .00043862% of the players will ever set the experience level that low. ( and only to test..there is little chance of anyone playing a game at that level for long ).

Quote:
Captain_G said:
- When motorcycles are destroyed on mines, they leave some burning smoke. See hex 28,47 on same savegame

Thans for your neverending support for the steel panthers series

What else would be left after motorcycles hit mines? In MBT they just "evaporate" and "leave the map" in WinSPWW2 they leave a puff of smoke. I don't have a problem with this

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old July 18th, 2006, 08:40 AM

Private

Captain_G is on a distinguished road

LOL no problem sir !

I usually start long campaigns with the lowest exp level available, and i noticed several of my units had these strange ratings. I can get up to one or two in a 4 squad company.

On the original SP2 this was also happening for the total experience (eg i had most units with around 20 exp / 2-3 shots and several with 250 xp / 12-13 shots) so as this was fixed for exp i thought it might be easy to clone the fix for other ratings...

As i said this is far for spoiling the game, just something i thought strange.

Peace
Old July 18th, 2006, 09:48 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

It will be code wrapping round a signed byte - or possibly trying to stuff an int into the byte perhaps. (The lowest experience normally used is 50, and with the random +/- variable amount that would probably mean a floor of 45 or so.)

Cheers
Andy