BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old May 30th, 2014, 06:17 PM

Private

Artofwar is on a distinguished road
Default Problems with Enhanced CD Version Resolution

Ok I want to use 1024 x 768 this is the primarily reason I bought the Enhanced CD Version but am glad that it has all the extras too.

(Side Note: these screenshots show version 6.0 but that is because I am constantly trying different things now I am trying to get it to work with version 6.) It did not work with 7.11 or version 5.

I get the following look in 1024 x 768 but my desktop resolution has to be set to 1152 v 864 which means that Steel Panthers does not fill my screen.

[IMG][/IMG]

Notice the extra real estate around this windowed window it makes things to tiny for me but it is playable I just want my cake and eat it to so I need your expertise.

The reason I have to set it to 1152 x 864 is because if I set my desktop resolution to 1024 x 768 then Steel Panthers always starts out scrwed. see below

[IMG][/IMG]

Notice how there is no extra real estate this is because my desktop is at 1024 x 768 and then I start STEEL Panthers using windowed and 1024 x 768

Ok when I got the Enhanced CD version it came as version 5 and I have patched it up to date to version 7.11. First of course I patched it to 6 then to 7.11 Also I read many many posts and installed it to my D:\Shrapnel Games\Enhanced_CD\winSPWW2 so I am NOT running it through the program files thing.

Also I start it off at WINDOWED Mode (per instructions) and have it set to 1024 x 768.

I think it messes up to when I choose Desktop which it says to do in the Forums it says choose windowed and desktop ... I think will let you know it a sec as I don't want to mess up this post.

But anyway is there a fix somehow of this scewed screen ??? I want my desktop to be at 1024 x 768 and Steel Panthers to be set at that too. Thanks

Ok Yeah when I put it on Windowed and Desktop it comes out scewed too... the 2nd Photo thats all twisted.

More Tests done the reason I don't run it on Windowed mode and desktop is because no matter what resolution my desktop is at it comes out scewed so I have to specify a resolution in order to get it to work. But all the resolutions are to tiny except for 1024 x 768 but I can't get it to work .

Last edited by Artofwar; May 30th, 2014 at 06:39 PM.. Reason: add info
Old May 30th, 2014, 07:24 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Problems with Enhanced CD Version Resolution

Is your taskbar set to auto hide mode? - if so, turn that off. Having the auto hide feature on is the usual cause of skewed screens - that is why the installation instructions say to turn it off.

Also - see the post on "graphics corruption in 7.1" and see if you are reporting what's already been reported. That thread is only about number 10 or so on this page. If that is it, it is on the to be investigated list already.

Andy
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old May 31st, 2014, 03:25 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

A couple of things.
Firstly have you tried setting your desktop to your preferred resolution & then using windowed & desktop rather than selecting a resolution in SP.

Secondly if you select a resolution smaller than the desktop it does not fill the screen, rather it opens a window at the size you selected just like the first screenshot you posted.

This can be very useful I sometimes play this way with a strip down one side of the game if I am monitoring something as part of the desktop remains visible.

Windowed always works just ensure auto hide is off for the taskbar
Old May 31st, 2014, 08:09 AM

Private

Ok I will try those things thanks for the info maybe its on the to do list but I will try those other things auto hide is off but I will mess with it maybe it needs resetting and I can play it IMP like you said with a resolution smaller than what I have the desktop at AND I have many choices but at higher resolutions the menus and campaign set up screens get small but that is the best way I think to play it with the desktop resolution set one size larger than the resolution chosen in the set up screen which I think for me will be best at about 1152 x 864 and then run it windowed at 1024 x 768 this enables me to play it gives me a decent resolution PLUS I can see the menus better. But IMP when I do set it at desktop no matter what it always comes out scewed.

The main thing is though that I have windows 7 and a good monitor and decently fast computer good video card and I can play STEEL PANTHERS !!! so I should be happy. And overall I am.

I fooled with the Matrix Games Steel Panthers and it is a joke in my opinion compared to this one any one playing Steel Panthers in any form with a Dos Box etc. should rather be referred to and play Schrapnel's

Thanks for the feedback
Old May 31st, 2014, 07:31 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Only thing I can suggest is check your video drivers are up to date & try switching between GDI & direct X if your computer allows it.
To right of window full screen toggle.
Old June 5th, 2014, 03:30 PM

Private

I fixed it the scewedness by changing the settings under Display to Larger I posted an explanation about it am so glad its working like it should.