.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old November 16th, 2005, 06:48 PM

Sergeant

Molog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Turn 82

Turn 82

Well Ermor and Marignon concede. I attached my last turn for viewing. All other turns are still on my e-mail account.

Password is geheim .
Attached Files
File Type: zip 392984-pangaea.zip (68.6 KB, 205 views)
Old November 19th, 2005, 09:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

Shmonk is on a distinguished road

This was a great game. I learned a lot. Thanks for hosting, Alneyan!!
Old November 20th, 2005, 03:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

Rathar is on a distinguished road

I want in the next one please!
Old November 20th, 2005, 04:25 PM

Sergeant

Molog is on a distinguished road

It was a fun game .

Some info:
The general plan I was following originally can be found here: http://www.the-battlefield.com/forum...?showtopic=426

Mother Oak was cast with 114 nature gems. I had almost no nature or death gem income during most of the game. I was counting on those for my strategy. Lots of air gems though.

I had very little troops during most of the game. Pythium fought me to a standstill, I kept raiding him with small armies in a war of atrrition.

Machaka had little research and defense, my pretender got rid of most of his attacking forces.

I summoned an fairy queen to get a lvl 3 air mage, to forge some air boosters.

I started windriding enemy commanders to my capital, where a nature mage with rune smasher and spell focus was waiting to charm them. Got a nice machaka sorcerer with 3 fire this way, who would later cast eternal pyre.

I decided to go to war with Ermor, because he had been left alone for such a long time and had huge gem income. I was afraid of what he had been preparing all that time.

I casted forest dome and air dome on pangea for security.

My pretender cast gift of health. Extra health is nice and it was needed to heal the tartarian titans and make them useful.

I was saving up fire gems for purgatory, but then Marignon beat me to it, so I cast Eternal pyre instead.

Gale gate and Eternal pyre were both cast with +0 extra gems, so they could have been dispelled at any time.

I summoned a bunch of lamia queens to summon a couatl, but I kept getting lamia queens with blood instead of astral.

I made a bunch of fever fetishes and clams.

I alchemised gems to buy lore masters(there is a citadel of loremasters right next to my capital, but I didn't find it till turn 50 or so) and jade sorceresses(Machaka's capital).

I hunted Machaka and Pythium for bloodslaves. That got me around +60 bloodslaves a turn. Summoned 8 or so vampire lords and set them to summoning minions.

Ermor launched an attack on one of my fortresses, but I fairy throdded my pretender with an army in it. Charmed one of his Air Queens and recovered the soulstone of wolves.

I was awaiting an attack from Ermor, but Ermor let me pretty alone to grow.

I killed of my harpy prophet, who had been reanimating the entire game and made a vampire lord my prophet to get some better defense.

I forged a 3 rings of sorcery and 3 thistle maces and fairy throdded pretty much everything I had on Ermor's capital. Better to die fighting, than slowly be picked to death. I was afraid he had cast some dome which would have prevented my attack.

Ermor cast lots of battle field wide destruction. His sc's got fatigued from the cold auras of his dusk elders, so they didn't move much during a large part of the game, but if they had they would have gotten in range of my charmers.
Repeated casting of fog warriors and the soulstone of wolves helped a lot in winning.

When Ermor tried to retake his capital, I teleported a lamia queen using boots of the planes with that wand that gives +3 death, a rune smasher and spell focus to cast undead mastery a couple of times. Ended up with +300 undead and Ermor lost his pretender and a bunch of sc's.

I scouted some mummy's , so Ermor probably used ritual of rebirth to get them back.

Used some assasins to charm and kill of Ermorian commanders. All the Ermorian skeleton chaff got killed easily by tartarians.

I impowered my Ettin mandragora in blood and gave him hammer of the forge lord + dwarven hammer for 75% forge bonus. Forging soul contracts for 20 blood slaves repays itself.

I was afraid Marignon would team up with Ermor, so I was planning to surprise attack Marignon.