.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Closed Thread

Old March 28th, 2006, 09:02 PM

Corporal

MStavros is on a distinguished road
Default Re: So...the customers wont be cheated this time?

Quote:
Argitoth said:
I've been reading this thread a little, but what I fail to see is any kind of reason one would need good AI. And the majority of us play TCP/IP games, not PBEM. Plus, we all gather at mIRC a lot to play TCP/IP blitz which everyone takes turns one after the next until someone wins.

Turns begin to take so long that 1 turn a day is actually exciting and relieving. During a 1 turn a day schedule I come home excited to take my turn. It makes my day.
"majority of us"...may I ask how do you know this? You mean a couple of people from these forums? I think maybe 1% of the customers are posting on these forums.

saber cherry - for me dominions is not more complex then galciv2. maybe it is for you. I think that both games are easy to learn.

Okay, I think that it was kinda late to make this topic, but my brother just told me about Dominions 3, and I wanted to post my feelings about Dominions 2. He will surely buy part 3. I am only buying it if I will see improvements in the AI. (Doms 2. AI flaws fixing)

I think I posted everything what I wanted in this topic from an objective perspective. I think everyone can agree that the singleplayer part of Dominions 2. had no support and it was a part of the game. That is what made me mad. I bought that game for SP/MP not gor MP only. You all must understand the frustration, and I am pretty sure that I am not alone. Everyone who plays SP in Dominions 2. knows about these.

This was my last post in this topic, it is pointless to continue, like I said I posted everything what I wanted.
Now I am waiting for the Dominions 3. demo. Hopefully there will be one.

NTJEdi - There are exploits in Galciv2, but the general AI is much better then the Dominions 2 AI go and play the game on harder settings against 5+ AIs and you shall see what is "challenging AI", if you aint exploiting.
Anyways patch v1.1 is coming for the game with AI exploit fixes.
Old March 28th, 2006, 10:26 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Mindi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: So...the customers wont be cheated this time?

Thread being locked for now.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 414715-Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg (17.1 KB, 282 views)

For those looking for with this forum, please see Annette as I am retired.
Closed Thread