winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old January 23rd, 2015, 01:44 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default screen magnifier

The next patch ( yes, there will be another patch released this year for both games...) contains further changes that make screens easier to read. This was accomplished by increasing the contrast between the text and the background and it sounds simple enough but it makes a BIG difference especially after using the changes for awhile then loading a version of the game without the changes

so THIS

becomes THIS

I cannot read anything on any screen WITHOUT my glasses unless the fonts are at leastTHIS BIG and the old screens worked for me but these ones definitely work better and we hope they will work better for everyone else as well but out of curiosity I looked at the Magnifier tool that is included with win8.1 and what follows *MAY* apply to other version of the magnifier but IDK..... but they do apply to anyone running the game with win8.1 who may still have difficulty reading the text on some screens.

The first step is setting it up. If it's not set up correctly it won't work correctly

1/ Press the windows key and '+'....... that turns Magnifier ON. You can move the Icon that appears to wherever make you happiest on the screen. I put it at the bottom right

2/ Click on the OPTIONS Icon and set the "how much the view changes" slider to 100%. This is important to maintain a clear font.

3/ While in Options set Tracking to "Follow the mouse pointer" and click OK at the bottom of the screen. It would be MOST EXCELLENT if Microsoft added a "Centre on screen" option as well but they don't ( but it would be very handy with this game ). NOW SET "VIEWS" TO FULL SCREEN

4/ Start either winSPMBT or winSPWW2. You can have Magnifier on or off when starting the game. To turn it ON see 1/ above. To turn it off at any time in game or not, simply press the window key and ESC on your keyboard.

5/ The secret to making this work well with the game is setting the "how much the view changes" slider to 100% AND putting your cursor IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN when you use the function and this is why I say it would be nice to have a "center on screen" option

6/ With Magnifier set up like this you can zoom in and out but pressing the Windows key and either '+' or '-' and if the cursor is in the middle of the screen anyone can double the size of the screens in the example above with a quick press of two keys on the keyboard and they will fill your screen. You can also do it while playing if you like
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new.png
Views:	4289
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	13412  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old January 23rd, 2015, 06:38 PM

Sergeant

cbreedon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: screen magnifier

A thank you from us old guys :-)
Old January 23rd, 2015, 10:04 PM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

Just to clarify:

The windows magnifier also works like this under Win 7

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old January 24th, 2015, 09:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

RightDeve is on a distinguished road

THERE IS going to be a PATCH this year???????

Old January 24th, 2015, 08:52 PM

Sergeant

Dion is on a distinguished road

New patches are always appreciated! Lets just hope it doesn't require a patch to fix the patch, like the last one.
Old January 25th, 2015, 11:07 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Given the problems that developed were unplanned and , from our POV, minor but we acted on them right away and given that the alternative was to ignore the problem for another year.. or two..... yeah I guess you should hope it doesn't require a patch to fix the patch because only a game crasher would qualify this time around.

But hey, thanks for reminding everyone we fixed a problem instead of ignoring it when ignoring it was definitely an option at the time

Don
Old January 25th, 2015, 02:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road

Nice to hear about coming patches. Don could you reveal what things they will include? Just bug fixes? New OOB/icons? Maybe some game code changes?

Warhero
Old January 25th, 2015, 03:47 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhero View Post
Nice to hear about coming patches. Don could you reveal what things they will include? Just bug fixes? New OOB/icons? Maybe some game code changes?

Warhero
Yeah, I second Warhero, "...game code changes?" are we going to see an AI IFV/AFV that can Opty & Reaction Fire on infantry units?
Old January 25th, 2015, 07:43 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

When we are done doing what we want to do and we've tallied up what's been done and after I've written up the list, I will post it then release the patches, not before . You see more of what we've done with those screenshots than I normally reveal no matter what else has been done. Don't make me regret saying anything. I only brought up the magnifier because I dug into it and it related to the screen changes and GOD HELP anyone who thinks this would be a good time to swamp us with "bright ideas". The code work is already locked down. You may recall we declared a sabbatical after the last release and that was going to be "the plan" but a bit of work here and a bit of work there and this and that and we have enough to make a worthwhile consolation patch

That might be in a month, or two, or three or more..... IDK, a lot of random factors impact that date

Last edited by DRG; January 25th, 2015 at 07:54 PM..
Old January 25th, 2015, 07:53 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

And please don't derail a thread talking about something completely off-topic for the thread. This thread is about the Windows magnifier - which seems as if it may be a useful device for those of us with old & rheumy eyes.

If you want to discuss something completely different in future - then start a new topic thread for that.

cheers
Andy
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: