winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old May 25th, 2016, 03:28 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: latest upgrades don't run

Your old style CD base game installer will have installed to the shrapnel folder in /program files/ if you did not change anything (and from your problem, I suspect you simply ran the installers with the default paths).

The patch installers use the C:\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\winSPWW2 path as the default now post XP.

Your described problem comes from not changing the paths of the patch files to point to the same directory the game was installed to. So the patch data will have gone to the new folder, not the old style one you installed to.

Since you have the base game in program files, and have an old XP machine then your best bet is to run the patches once again, but point them to where you have the game. You can use the navigator feature in the installer to do that
Old May 25th, 2016, 03:59 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Gila

Further to my last.

C:\Program Files\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPWW2

Should be where your 1.0 game was installed to, if you used the default paths. If you plan to patch there then you'll need to use that path for all the patches (and any future ones).

You can type that in the field in the installer or use copy and paste from this text if you know how to do that. (Select the text with the mous, right click and select copy, then go back to the installer and select all the path text, hit paste and the copied text will replace the higlighted text in the field).

If you have a crash and need a full install in the future though, it would be best to install the base game to the new path as outlined above, as then you only need to do that once for the base game install, the patches then do not need repathing.
Old May 26th, 2016, 12:26 PM

Corporal

Steves308 is on a distinguished road

I got a new laptop at the beginning of this year and installed both SPWW2 and SPMBT on it, and patched up with the consolidated patches and both games run fine for me. Also, I don't use the default path, I have a "Games" folder that I put all my games into.

Steves308
Old May 27th, 2016, 09:51 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Gila

Further to my last.

C:\Program Files\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPWW2

Should be where your 1.0 game was installed to, if you used the default paths. If you plan to patch there then you'll need to use that path for all the patches (and any future ones).

You can type that in the field in the installer or use copy and paste from this text if you know how to do that. (Select the text with the mous, right click and select copy, then go back to the installer and select all the path text, hit paste and the copied text will replace the higlighted text in the field).

If you have a crash and need a full install in the future though, it would be best to install the base game to the new path as outlined above, as then you only need to do that once for the base game install, the patches then do not need repathing.
This makes sense.
I think i'll do full re-install after finishing up my current campiagn and then deleting all files and renaments if that's possible, some may remain and then follow your guideline.

The main thing i'm missing is the "5" key feature where formations are displayed in yellow,without that,i have been playing smaller battles as don't want my dogs unleashed and go chasing after rabbits.
Thanks for all your help