This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old September 11th, 2018, 07:10 PM

Private

KStill is on a distinguished road
Question How to fire NLOS missiles... without line of sight?

Hello,

I have the full DL version of the game, updated to 2018 patch (v12). My understanding is a feature of this patch are units with NLOS missiles. I have tried testing with a clear desert map with one hill level. I place many forward observers on the map, and two exactor units from British OOB featuring Spike NLOS missile. I leave the Exactor's static, and let the enemy advance until they are in sight.

I then select an observer who can see the enemy tank ( I confirm this by using the target selection menu and see that it can set target to the tanks) but I can not figure out how to fire the missile. My bombardment menu is empty. If I try the exactor it can not select them as targets (no line of sight) and can not z fire on their location. I try to pass turns but they do not op fire out of los either.

If any have used this weapon class effectively, could you please describe the method of employing it?
Old September 11th, 2018, 07:13 PM

Private

KStill is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to fire NLOS missiles... without line of sight?

I am sorry I have found it in the manual, feel free to remove this thread if the information is well known. If others have not found it, the answer is you must press 'i' to enter NLOS bombardment menu.
Old September 11th, 2018, 10:01 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: How to fire NLOS missiles... without line of sight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KStill View Post
Hello,

I have the full DL version of the game, updated to 2018 patch (v12). My understanding is a feature of this patch are units with NLOS missiles. I have tried testing with a clear desert map with one hill level. I place many forward observers on the map, and two exactor units from British OOB featuring Spike NLOS missile. I leave the Exactor's static, and let the enemy advance until they are in sight.

I then select an observer who can see the enemy tank ( I confirm this by using the target selection menu and see that it can set target to the tanks) but I can not figure out how to fire the missile. My bombardment menu is empty. If I try the exactor it can not select them as targets (no line of sight) and can not z fire on their location. I try to pass turns but they do not op fire out of los either.

If any have used this weapon class effectively, could you please describe the method of employing it?
I seem to recall you need the CD version to to fire the Spike NLOS. Checking the game guide: "NLOS missile firing is only available to the extended game / CD owners and is not available with the free demo version."

Old September 12th, 2018, 05:40 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to fire NLOS missiles... without line of sight?

NLOS is a full game feature - the instructions are in the "extended game features" section of the game Guide, under the New Extended Game (CD) only Features 2016 section, sub-section TARGETING WITH NLOS WEAPONS.

Cheers
Andy
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: