.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old July 26th, 2009, 05:28 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Warhammer MA: Empire

Just some work in progress. I tested out gunpowder weapons again today and wasn't happy with the results, so I'm sticking with a crossbow using version of the nuln engineering school.

From left to right - Free Infantryman, Nuln Marksman, Nobleborn, Flagellant.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Work in progress.png
Views:	476
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	8578  
Old July 26th, 2009, 10:53 PM

Sergeant

Noble713 is on a distinguished road

Love the Free Company and the Flagellant. The Nobleborn seems like he could use a bit more on his mount to make him stand out from the rank & file horsemen types.

L+ GdY $? Fr! C- SdS T!+ Sf+ Tcp A% M++ MpM R!- Pw+ Fq-- Nd-- RP+ G++
Old July 27th, 2009, 08:57 AM

BANNED USER

Well for Empire the rank and file cavalry are basically knights, so the lack of barding makes the Nobleborn distinct.

However you're right the horse is quite basic. It's an older KO one, so I could spruce it up a bit.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 06:34 AM

BANNED USER

Hi everyone. I'd like to ask a favour of you all, if you enjoy my mods.

Please nag me to do Empire. If I don't get it done and fairly soon I am going to be pissed at myself but apparently I need a bit more motivation than that, because progress is molasses slow currently.

So if you want Empire before 2015, please spare a moment to nag or enthuse either on IRC or in this thread. Demand a certain graphic or justification for design decisions or even to see code proving something. It'll work and therefore so will I. I think.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sombre For This Useful Post:
Old September 22nd, 2009, 07:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

Humakty is on a distinguished road

Oh, mighty Sombre, who's sorcerous knowledge is envied by demons themselves, your work will live forever among the most shiny stars, my wife pronounce your name when she ... gives birth to my childs. I'll invade the world, and rename all of the bogs 'Sombre's bog' so that the witch hunters don't find you. We live only so that we can testify to our ultimate judge that we have played your mods. You can't leave us in darkness, you have to get up and, once more, save us from the mortal fate of 'Boredom' (a most evil sorceror).

Senior member of the GLIN !
Old September 22nd, 2009, 07:57 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Hmm. I'm thinking reiksguard, some of the knightly orders, and a steam tank .

Nag nag nag.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old September 22nd, 2009, 09:58 AM

Sergeant

BandarLover is on a distinguished road

Empire! Empire! Empire! The mob has spoken!!
Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:15 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

Here are my superior demands for the wizard order mages! Because I want everything to accomodate to my knowledge of the WRFP lore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombre View Post
Fire - Bright - F+ - Evocation
Wizard - Higher precision, lower research
Lord - Strong fire shield, starts at higher leadership
Pure fire sucks! Especially when you can't mass them for battlefield use. The summons from fire are basically neglible so they don't really have too many uses in few numbers. However the WRFP lore suggests that Bright Mages often lead squads of troops and are subject to some martail training at their academy. So perhaps they could have some basic armor (enc 0 magic scale mail?) and higher fighting stats with a Fire Sword. Won't likely matter much, but it might be nice to have some mages that might survive a rain of stones casting.

Quote:
Metal - Gold - E (F) - Alteration and construction
Wizard - Alchemy (?), higher upkeep
Lord - Forgebonus
Perhaps metallic skin for the lord? Not that he needs it, but it's thematic.

Quote:
Shadow - Grey - AD - Enchantment, alteration
Wizard - Stealthy
Lord - Flight, spy
In WRFP, the Grey order is descriped as a mix of KGB and Illuminati. Having eyes everywhere and eliminating things that could pose a threath for the empire. You have the stealth aspect here, but these guys are seriosly frightening. Assasination or patrolbonus could also be thematic.

Quote:
Light - Light - FS - Alteration and Evocation
Wizard - Heal, Auto communion (pythium copystats)
Lord - Better heal?
Perhaps some custom anti-demon weapon?

Quote:
Death - Amethyst - D (W) - Alteration, Enchantment
Wizard - Drain life attack
Lord - Armed with Soul Slaying scythe weapon
In WRFP, the Amethyst order is descriped as a special task force opposing necromancers. Perhaps they could get some custom anti-undead weapons by using the "stop the dead" vanilla weapon?
Old September 22nd, 2009, 12:02 PM

BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsaber View Post
Pure fire sucks! Especially when you can't mass them for battlefield use. The summons from fire are basically neglible so they don't really have too many uses in few numbers. However the WRFP lore suggests that Bright Mages often lead squads of troops and are subject to some martail training at their academy. So perhaps they could have some basic armor (enc 0 magic scale mail?) and higher fighting stats with a Fire Sword. Won't likely matter much, but it might be nice to have some mages that might survive a rain of stones casting.
Aside from the bonus via fire magic, bright wizards will be leader 40, lords 80. They will all have onebattlespell phoenix power. Pure fire may not be the best path, but when you have F3 (F4 in combat) and the other wizards are rocking 2s and 1s in their paths, I think you'll feel happy. The lord has a little death thrown in too and a variety of nice powers (including a flame sword). Additionally bright wizards will have heatpower 2 and lords 3 making their stats nuts in hot dominion. Finally the addition of spells like the flaming sword combat summon and the burning head evocation makes fire more interesting.

Quote:
Perhaps metallic skin for the lord? Not that he needs it, but it's thematic.
I think gold lords will probably get something along the lines of a selfbuff only army of gold casting. They're going to be decent battlemages with FE and they'll get a nice acid based aoe missile weapon at wizard and lord level.

Quote:
In WRFP, the Grey order is descriped as a mix of KGB and Illuminati. Having eyes everywhere and eliminating things that could pose a threath for the empire. You have the stealth aspect here, but these guys are seriosly frightening. Assasination or patrolbonus could also be thematic.
Yeah, sounds reasonable. The lords are going to be flying and incredibly stealthy so they'd be fun with the assassin trait.

Quote:
Perhaps some custom anti-demon weapon?
I think they get an anti daemon/undead spell added but I don't remember right now.

Quote:
In WRFP, the Amethyst order is descriped as a special task force opposing necromancers. Perhaps they could get some custom anti-undead weapons by using the "stop the dead" vanilla weapon?
Yeah that sounds reasonable. Though death magic itself is also seriously good at killing undead. The anti undead knightly order (which borders sylvania) whose name escapes me (Morr maybe?) will have some very nice undead blasting scythes and those will probably be available on the amethysts too.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 09:33 PM

Major

Fantomen is on a distinguished road

nag.

Give us our mod, I want my mod!