.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old September 19th, 2010, 11:41 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: USSR vs Germany 2

Turn 16

Charlie pulled back into a containment perimeter around the enemy in C1. I need to be clear when the mortar rounds start dropping. Support guns were able to one enemy squad that was sent running from the very beginning.

There might be two MG-34s west of B1. One scout got hammered as it got close. I'm going to bring mortar fire in on that area. The MGs have lost all seen infantry support. Except for one machine gun, helping Charlie, all the rest fired at enemy in Bravo's area.

Alpha is still not spotted any enemy along their front.

No need to adjust mortars. They were both right on target. I don't know if the howitzer has been destroyed, but it is quiet.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 5 casualties.
Old September 19th, 2010, 11:58 PM

Captain

Turn 17

Charlie's light mortar a touch off target. Next turn should be better. Otherwise, they are holding position and will rush once they mortar has the desired results.

One of the MGs opened up on Bravo's HMG section and sent it running. Plotted one mortar on the enemy MGs. In the meantime, I'm trying to shift around to the flank.

Alpha still moving. No contact.

Casualties

Old September 20th, 2010, 12:01 AM

Captain

Turn 18

Couldn't adjust Charlie's mortar because it was out of contact. They are holding position. The plan was to wait until all infantry companies were at their #1 position and Alpha is still moving in, so this delay isn't a problem.

Enemy MGs destroyed Bravo's HMG section. It just couldn't get out of sight. Bravo squads are waiting for suppressing fire to rush.

Alpha still moving. No contact.

Casualties

Enemy: Zero.
Old September 20th, 2010, 12:10 AM

Captain

Turn 19

Mortar fire coming down in enemy in C1, but still off. I'm not going to rush until I get a good hit.

Mortars targeting enemy MGs off. Will adjust and hit again. In the meantime, support machine guns fired at routed enemy squads to make sure they don't rally.

Alpha should start turning flags in a turn or two. They are moving on to the lower level of the big hill.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero.

Old September 20th, 2010, 12:18 AM

Captain

Turn 20

Adjusted aim of Charlie mortar. It should hit hard next turn.

Adjusted aim of mortar targeting enemy MGs. Will hit next turn. Continued to hit running enemy squads, sending one into the great beyond.

Alpha next to two flags. Will turn them next turn and move on, leaving one platoon and HMG section behind to cover.

Enemy mortar fire on support guns, causing casualties. I'll plot my other 82mm mortar section on it.

Casualties

Old September 20th, 2010, 12:25 AM

Captain

Turn 21

Charlie mortar on target. Company set to move next turn.

Mortar firing at enemy MGs on target. I've got engineers moved up to rush. One Bravo platoon will push forward to support.

Alpha turned three flags and pushed through. No contact.

Enemy mortar fire hit support guns a second turn in a row. Two of my AAMGs are suppressed and out of action for now. I will hit back in about two turns.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero.

Enemy: Zero.
Old September 20th, 2010, 12:40 AM

Captain

Turn 22

Charlie moving deeper into C1. No contact where there had been enemy units before. Walking mortar fire to the west to hit anyone who dropped back a bit. I have a scout on the backside of C1, so they will see anyone who comes out.

Engineers moving up. One enemy squad moved out and took a few shots, causing a few casualties. Enemy MG-34s silent. Like in C1, I'm walking the mortar fire to the west. One of Bravo's scouts crested to level 20 and was destroyed by two enemy squads.

Alpha on edge of A1.

Moving my armor out. Haven't seen any enemy tanks or ATGs and figure they might be helpful dealing with enemy strong points.

Casualties

Old September 20th, 2010, 08:32 PM

Captain

Turn 23

Circle closing in on enemy in C1. Found and blasted two squads, but there is a third I need to get. My forces are on three sides and closing. The two other squads are running out of C1 on the west side. Shifted the 50mm mortar to the west side of C1 to stay clear of my troops.

Support guns shot up enemy squad near MG-34. The MG was active again and caused a few more casualties, but I had too many troops there. They tore into him and sent him running. Another enemy squad popped out of the woods 100m to the south and took fire as well, but not as badly. I had mortar rounds dropping about 50m behind the MG, so I should be able to take them all out this turn or send them packing for a good long time.

Alpha pushing into A1. Scouts are out in front and going to try to get a fix any enemy squads on top of the hill.

Tanks are moving up, but I don't have the fastest ones in the world.

Enemy artillery dropping to the rear of my support guns, near one of the AAMGs. It was running already. My mortars dropped on their mortar behind the hill.

Casualties

Enemy: Estimated 15 casualties.
Old September 20th, 2010, 09:05 PM

Captain

Turn 24

C1 is clear, so Charlie pushing on. They are firing at enemy fleeing to their front. There are two enemy 75mm howitzers nearby. I'll see about detailing a platoon to shut them down. Mortar fire has been lifted and it is pushing forward to catch up.

Two more enemy squads came out of the trees in front of Bravo and there is another one back some distance. These aren't the ones I sent running. The MG-34 has been destroyed. Here, I kept my mortar rounds coming in, which is a good thing. Two flags were turned as the company advanced.

One platoon of Alpha deployed to cover three flags turned earlier. Remaining two platoons pushing to the hill top. Scouts will be up top soon.

Enemy 75mm rounds still dropping behind most of support machine guns. That will stop soon.

Casualties

Old September 20th, 2010, 09:41 PM

Captain

Turn 25

Charlie taking fire from an AAMG to the northwest and two enemy tanks charging forward. One is heading toward a scout armed with a satchel charge. My SMG teams have molotovs also, so at least I have some ability to kill them. This area is the furthest from my tanks. It will be a while before they can help. Maybe my ATGs can at least fire at the tanks, even if they can't kill them.

Enemy in front of Bravo cut up and are running. My mortars helped. I took casualties, but they took more. Bravo will continue to push forward. Charlie is on their own until the tanks show up or the ATGs score. I might be able to divert some engineers from this area, since they aren't part of Bravo.

Alpha is near the top of the hill and one scout is up. Another will be there soon.

Counter battery falling on enemy mortar. Some rounds on target, but the spread was somewhat extreme because of the range.

Just as an update, I have 8/21 flags.

Casualties