This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: Starfury

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 30th, 2009, 12:03 AM

Corporal

rstaats10 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stargate SGC Conflicts In Space Star Fury Mod is now available for download

I made the missions have long time limits except for those that were meant to expire early (the ones that add ally ships or used to trigger other events or what not). Most of the combat missions have between 220 to 900 days to complete. To put that in perspective, the stock game has around 30 to 60 days on average. The first mission to destroy the 3 fighters does have 15 to 20 days limit but it is only 2 systems away and I have never timed out before. Maybe you spent too much time at the SGC HQ spacestation. But I will increase the time on that in the next version to help out.

For lack of more available colors, the Tollan had to be blue since they are friendly to us but are not providing any military assistance. You are right I set the Aschen at green and it should be blue. I will change that in the next version.

The blister beam was supposed to be a special new proto-type weapon the Aschen developed but was not a weapon equiped in their fleet ships yet. I made it that way on purpose.

Good job on defeating Anubis and Apophis!

Good point on the Asdchen Carriers. the AI is set on medium range. Those should be moved to long range. I will change that in the next version.

The idea of crew slots...interesting idea. How would that make it look on the Shield Layout when damage is taken though? I will have to think about that. Another idea too would be to make overlapping slots. I think it would work as well.

The Stargate Mod is probably longer than all 3 stock campaigns combined. I'm guesing by your post that your about 1/5th completed with the mod. I hope your enjoying the adventure.

Thanks for the feedback and great ideas. Keep the posts coming.