.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old November 26th, 2009, 03:05 PM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MBT Campaign: Race for Tehran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
& if the intros anything to go by I think we are in for a bit of variety
The intro is a teaser, but does show the google earth type sattelite pictures I used to base the maps on.

There will be some variation between desert, more fertile regions, urban areas - even a battle for a world heritage marked castle - tanks play a crucial role in the campaign but you will need to have some grasp of combinded armes to be successful...
Old November 27th, 2009, 08:59 PM

Corporal

rfisher is on a distinguished road

If I do want to change the core force, how many points should the core be?
Old November 28th, 2009, 07:10 AM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
If I do want to change the core force, how many points should the core be?
rfisher, the short answer is; whatever you yourself like it to be.

Modern high tech stuff will be expensive. The fixed core for the camp is at around 31 500 Build Points IIRC. However there is a limit to the number of units in a core, so you will not be able to buy an unlimited number of leg infantry companies, even if you have the build points to do so in theory...

Open the campaign in Edit Campaign. Switch FIXED CORE to OPEN CORE. Set build points to whatever you like by editing the numbers for the first node build points. Do not forget to save before exiting the campaing editor.

Post here if you have any questions.
Old November 28th, 2009, 11:58 AM

Corporal

rfisher is on a distinguished road

Thank you!
I actually guessed 30,000 points, and made a start anyway.

Cheers!
Old January 11th, 2010, 10:05 AM

Corporal

Shan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfir View Post

However, it is possible for players to edit the campaign themselves - say increase the repair points if so desired. Or change tha campaign from FIX to OPEN and purchasing their own Core (it's also possible to change nation from US ARMY to whatever - your support will still be US but you might want to play the campaign as maybe Britain..., take the Bundeswehr or the Polish army for a spin in the desert etc...)

I've completed the first 3 battles so far, and will keep fight'n 'till Tehran, that's certain! Great job + a lot of work you must've invested in this campaign, the maps are great!

I suppose missions are going to get tougher all the way - in order to make it a bit more interesting + to try something new, I am playing this using a modded South Korean core force. Haven't suffered a total loss so far, and after 3 battles most of my troops have reached veteran level and have thus become similar to US Army quality.

A couple of sugesttions:
Enemy air strikes --- during battle #2 you had 2 J-7s on the Iranian side, which didn't show up. Maybe they had a reinforcement turn which was set a bit late - took me less than 10 turns to complete this battle. I suspect enemy air activity is going to increase anyways but in general, I'd suggest to add a bit more - the odd Helo here + strike there can make things more interesting.

ATGMs: During battle #3, none were present - even though terrain + visibility would've been ideal for them. I took a lot of time looking for them by using scouts + helos,,,

Mines: Could be used more.

Enemy reinforcements: Maybe they arrive a bit late during battle #3 - I played rather carefully but had all my tanks positioned in the eastern part of the map for 2 turns already, waiting for the thing to end when they finally came. So it was a turkey shoot. If you wanted it to be like this, so be it - had they come 2 turns earlier, I might have had some losses...

Also, in the street fights you could let some reinforcements spawn in the rear of the attacker, like if they'd been hiding in the sewer system, which can stir things up a bit...

End-battle summaries: Could be written - a lot of work to do so tough...

Great job! Should be included in the next patch!
Old January 11th, 2010, 10:52 AM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road
Question Re: MBT Campaign: Race for Tehran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
[...]
Mines: Could be used more.
[...]
wouldn't this completely destroy maneuver and tactics? You don't have many mine clearers
Old January 12th, 2010, 12:09 PM

Corporal

Shan is on a distinguished road

I'm by now well into battle #4, the assault on the airfield, and - as expected - more mines & ATGMs are making life a bit more difficult,,,

My remark was mostly concerning the 1st battle - it's a border where the enemy had time to lay out his defences and additionally, where almost 10 years of fighting had taken place earlier, so you can expect lots of minefields, old and new - and you got 2 mine clearing tanks as support units attached. I only came across 2 relatively small minefields in that battle though.

Still, it's a great campaign, quite time-consuming but definitely worth trying for everyone!
Old November 5th, 2013, 08:25 AM

Private

Paulus_PAK is on a distinguished road

Lets bump this thread "a little".
After all those years campaign became unplayable with default core force, due to the changes in the OOB. All Abrams tanks don't have main guns, just like the screenshot shows. Of course you can walkaround this problem, by changing the core to open and choosing units by yourself. With 35000 points (default core is worth something around this number) player can construct any interesting battlegroup - I'm currently playing with a nice Bundeswehr kampfgruppe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	race.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	12695  
Old November 5th, 2013, 08:38 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

I'll have a look at it when time comes available