.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old March 27th, 2015, 11:07 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road
Disk Harbin Surprise (SP1 Conversion)

This is a 85% conversion from the SP1 scenario. Map is the same; OOB was rebuilt from scratch; and I switched around some things for the Soviet player (separate armored detachment of 3 x ISU-152s instead of 3 x T-34s).

Locations are --roughly-- where they were in the original SP1 scenario; and when I set the battle to AI only for both sides; it appeared to go in the way I wanted it to.

Since we don't have the unit limit of SP1, it's possible now to add more units to fight over more of the map; but I wanted to preserve as much of a 'vanilla SP1' feel as possible.

Quote:
Harbin Surprise
Harbin, Korea
12 August 1945

For four years the Japanese & Soviets had adhered to the Non-Agression Pact that had been signed by the 2 nations. But on the 8th of August, the Soviet Army began its long awaited offensive against Japan. Remembering their bitter defeat in the 1905 Russo-Japanese War, the Red Army was eager for some revenge. Facing the Soviet 2nd Far East Front was the hollow remains of the Japanese Kwantung Army. Stripped of most of their heavy equipment, they could do little to halt the Soviet advance. By the 12th of August, the Soviet 15th Army had reached the outskirts of Harbin. Here the Japanese made a stand.

Until then the Soviets had never encountered the fanatical defence of Japanese suicide troops.

To the shock & surprise of the lead tanks, Japanese infantry began to assault their T-34's with pole mines & fused artillery shells.

It would be a long day for the Russians.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Harbin_Surprise.zip (51.2 KB, 169 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkSheppard For This Useful Post: