.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 6th, 2020, 11:20 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: German Campaign using War Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigeena View Post
Chimed in to see excellent progress. Maybe in the last turn AAR we should have a quick discussion if Group Centre was required. I kind of think they lag too far behind and don't really get to contribute.

But sometimes the road axes only allow so many units to travel. Too much bunching up increases vulnerability to EN arty fire.

I like your maps with the sectors of LOS. It takes alot of effort to go back to the game and draw on the maps.
You are right the centre group grew to big, the group with the MGs getting LOS on the Orchard were a good idea.
The group that entered the field could possibly have smoked & ignored it completely however I was tempted by being able to spread out & engage units at other than close range. Ended up committing more units here as there were a fair amount of enemy units & LOS turned out to be problematic. By the time I wanted to shift them artillery was falling on the road.
I expected stronger resistance along the road as well, luckily the AI put the Churchills & squads West of the road junction (units that counterattacked X).
If we ignored the field the game would have lasted longer as those dozen or so units counterattacked & my artillery would be at risk. Several only have a range of 48 hexes so they need to move up during the game.

With hindsight my initial thought of a large North force that could spread out in the open ground behind the VHexes would probably have been the best option. Discounted as expected a traffic jam but they made it along the road unopposed.

It probably would not have effected the outcome keeping the Brits to less than 500 points from timed objectives was a tall order given the terrain.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In your AAR I know several of your battles are on open terrain which helps but you normally do very well at restricting infantry losses in firefights.
I go to 3 man platoons soon so going to start using some Italians as AUX after the next battle, odd set up platoons have 4 LMG but only 2 squads carry them. If anyone knows fairly common tanks used by Italian Social Republic I could sell a few of mine & use some.