.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old February 27th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Second Lieutenant

sector24 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Owl Quills

I really like the Spirit Helmet even if it's not the most efficient helm. And of course I have to mention clams because no one else has yet.
Old February 27th, 2008, 12:36 AM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

The Crystal Shield is too heavy for anything but an undead commander who doesn't get any encumbrance to carry. I lost a good Gorgon by stupidly equipping one that I got in a luck event.

I occasionally post something useful.
Old February 27th, 2008, 12:54 AM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

Green Dragon armour is not good because if you could make it, you could have made Hydra Skin instead, freeing up a misc slot and getting 100%PR instead of 75.

I build a few Horror Helmets if I'm not worried about being mind hunted, and I've got enough death gems. Don't build Skulls much unless I've gone drain-2. Snake Bladders plus Horror Helmets can be good for killing morale and stripping Glamor. Vine Shields are good if you can't make Charcoal Shields.

Armor of Souls is great if you can forge it and have the slaves. You can even squish the slaves with your Dwarven Hammer etc, unlike the contracts.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old February 27th, 2008, 12:58 AM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

I always wondered how the Dwarven Hammer helps with using blood slaves. I see now. You squish them with it.

I occasionally post something useful.
Old February 27th, 2008, 01:01 AM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

Yeah, He who spareth the hammer hateth his slaves, or something like that.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old February 27th, 2008, 03:12 AM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
quantum_mechani said:
Hmm, I read it more as for building SCs, but in any case I'm not convinced on the crystal shield for any purpose. If you have the astral to forge one communions and power of the spheres can almost always fill the niche.

I've had a couple times when crystal shield was quite useful. When you're one level short of that devastating spell (army of gold, weapons of sharpness, darkness, wrathful skies, fog warriors, etc.) and your caster doesn't have astral. True, this is a niche use, but one that I find comes up a decent amount of the time. True, a communion can sometimes fill this role, but being able to air drop in a single tough guy to cast earthquake/flame storm/etc., returning the turn the enemy army moves to attack you is not really possible to duplicate with a communion.
Old February 27th, 2008, 10:37 AM

General

thejeff is on a distinguished road

I forget, does a Crystal Shield boost holy, if the bearer is just a priest?
Old February 27th, 2008, 10:55 AM

Corporal

parcelt is on a distinguished road

How about the crystal coin? I always felt it was one of the best deals you could get (for an SC).

True, it has no offensive capabilities like charcoal shield, but it gives you luck (freeing up a slot, I therefore like it better than the luck pendant) and still has decent defensive stats.
Old February 27th, 2008, 11:00 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Well, the crystal shield is amazing for getting you up one more level in battle to cast big battlefield spells, if you can forge it.

Only got A3? Stick on a crystal shield and you can cast Fog Warriors. Similarly it can give a bit more earth for Army of Gold/Lead. Or a bit more holy for Divine Blessing. In battle it's almost as good as a Ring of Wizardry.

However, it's true that it should be used only for casting a single spell (or maybe two) per battle, otherwise the weight is indeed an issue.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old February 27th, 2008, 11:00 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

I believe the bearer has to be a mage for the shield to work though. So on a holy-only priest it's no use. But on a mage-priest it's great.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs