.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 24th, 2012, 11:11 PM

Corporal

dojango is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Giants and Dwarves [MA; CBM ; Noob friendly] [Full 12/12]

perhaps I was a little unclear in my earlier post, but I won't be able to submit turns for a while because of computer issues. Since, as Shinuyama rightly points out, I'm being crushed beneath the clawed heels of demons and monkeys, you could just set me to AI if you wanted, since the army-in-being should be scripted properly, as long as the AI doesn't do something stupid with it. (also assuming it wasn't destroyed this turn).
Old March 25th, 2012, 01:44 AM

Corporal

Zywack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojango View Post
perhaps I was a little unclear in my earlier post, but I won't be able to submit turns for a while because of computer issues. Since, as Shinuyama rightly points out, I'm being crushed beneath the clawed heels of demons and monkeys, you could just set me to AI if you wanted, since the army-in-being should be scripted properly, as long as the AI doesn't do something stupid with it. (also assuming it wasn't destroyed this turn).
It's pretty much destroyed: 14 out of the 15 commanders died this turn. Regarding turning to AI, I thought it was the player that needed to give the "turn to AI command" and not the host?

Anyway, this has been a pretty epic war throughout. Thanks for the fun dojango: hopefully we'll get to do this again in another game in the future
Old March 25th, 2012, 07:10 AM

First Lieutenant

parone is an unknown quantity at this point

i think ysko staled last turn, and may not have checked this thread, which is why they didn't delay to let you get squared away. he seems to be a busy dude.

i have no idea how to turn someone AI
Old March 25th, 2012, 10:42 AM

Corporal

In "Options", the top option is Become Computer Controlled. I have no ideas if the host has any ways to perform that, though.
Old March 25th, 2012, 11:42 AM

Corporal

dojango is on a distinguished road

Yeah, the player has to turn the nation AI, but since I don't have access to dominions anymore, I won't be able to do it, so the admin has to transfer my nation to someone else and they can set it to AI or watch has the nation slowly falls to the demon hordes.

Bummer about that army, I thought the new evoc spells would do the trick. Not enough blockers? Too much fatigue? Wish I could see the replay.
Old March 25th, 2012, 12:30 PM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojango View Post
Bummer about that army, I thought the new evoc spells would do the trick. Not enough blockers? Too much fatigue? Wish I could see the replay.
Pretty much all of those combined. I went for a surrounding strategy so some troops eventually did get through, decoy troops to take the first few spells, a few fire immune troops, and some of your mages did faint by the end of the fight.
Old March 26th, 2012, 02:52 PM

First Lieutenant

if machaka is out is there now way to set him ai? i guess that would mean we would have to wait for the turn to timeout each time?
Old March 26th, 2012, 03:08 PM

First Lieutenant

i was just messing around on llama server, and there is a 'force hosting now' button, which i guess we could use once machaka was the only one left. in order for machaka to go AI, they need access, like everyone says. but we could force hosting, but only with a password...
Old March 26th, 2012, 03:16 PM

Corporal

Two possible "solutions":

1) Yskonyn changes the e-mail address for Machaka, sends the turn to someone, that someone turns AI on, and resend the turn. It'd be preferable if it was someone not involved in the current game though: Whoever would get control of Machaka would get both intel and the possibility to send stuff to themselves.

2) Wait for timeout. I'm attacking Machaka's capital this turn and the other worthless province the turn afterward, so in theory AI control or not it won't really change anything beside about 30 resource worth of independents. However, we'd have to wait for the siege to finish so there's still going to a few turns at least before Machaka's completely wipeout... Which means some turns that would have to time out.

I'm fine with either decision's picked.
Old March 26th, 2012, 03:33 PM

First Lieutenant

me too. simplest solution, tho, i think, is 'force hosting now' once only machaka is left. if ysko is too busy, he can just give the password to someone honest(are you honest???) and they can force hosting.