.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Coliseum

Old January 17th, 2004, 01:56 AM

Corporal

Aikamun is on a distinguished road
Default Suggestions from a Demo User

Fun game. I hated the arrival of the twentieth turn in my three playings.

Want #1: Multiple Leagues running concurrently. In addition to the premier league(open to any age), include a Cub League (~22 and under). Not much money would be available in the new league, but could be good for training/evaluation. The new league would also allow, but not force, a manager to have a five gladiator roster.

Want #2: Armor and Weapons. The manager should be able to buy better than average equipment to improve their fighters performance. Items bought by managers would be retained and passed on to his next fighter. Items could also be awarded to the playoff gladiators in each league or from appreciative patrons in the audience. The gift items would be retained forever by the gladiator recipient.

Want #3: Recognizing the Opponent's Battle Plan. Based upon a managerial stat, you could determine if the opponent is using defensive, normal, or aggressive against your fighter. The Manager could then change the battle tactic of his gladiator.

Want #4: Mid-season Battle Royale. Instead of all head-to-head fights, this agenda would have everyone fighting at the same time with one winner. A sixteen person league would be better because it could break down into eight fights, then four, then two, then one. Wounds would carry over from one portion of the Battle Royale to the next. Fights would be more likely between gladiators with managerial/gladiator likes/dislikes. The winner would receive cash and equipment.

Want #5: Career/Season Stats. I think this is already being addressed. I have bought free agents with prior won / loss records. Would like only season record to show, except on biographical info page. Career info would also show any playoff appearances.

Want #6: More Injuries. So far, I have experienced many more diseases and suspensions, than actual combat injuries. Using swords, tridents, and spears, physical damage should be a greater excuse for absence. Some injuries, like ligaments, should be more easily reaggravated, unless healed properly by magic. A ligament cannot be healed by rest alone.

Want #7: From other Posts, you will be adding odds to the betting. This change makes sense but most of my money derived from bets. If this is going away, would like to see advertising more effective. The only other method, I can think of, to raise money is to sell gladiators.

Want #8: Bribery. A way of life in gladiator times. Only thing I can think of is spiking an opponent's drink with a performance detracting drug.

Others have also mentioned the super-sub who appears upon the death of a gladiator. It should not be the case, since the opposing managers should constantly be scouting the world for new and better talent. The super-replacement would not exist because he would already have been discovered.

If a manager is caught using an enchantment or potion, they should be subject to a larger number of more diligent inspections.

Not familiar with the War Academy, but sounds good.

In general, would just like more of everything. More free agents, more potions, more team members, more enchantments, more leagues, more strategies, and more decisions to be made during the season.

Thanks again for Coliseum. Looking forward to the full Version and a long Coliseum career.

Aikamun
Old January 17th, 2004, 03:52 AM

Sergeant

StormcloudCreations is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Suggestions from a Demo User

Thanks for all your great suggestions, and thank you for your support of the game!

Some of your want list will be addressed with the forthcoming patches, so you can look forward to even more fun later on.