.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old January 30th, 2009, 01:24 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default T7 The plan

The plan, all tanks have SD switched off so can use manualy as could run short of smoke.
TF will head for village
BF will clear ATR then head on about 400m in from road behind a hill but in woods
MF will split sending most units including RAM pioneers transport to BF. The rest will enter woods to get in position to support TF.
Progress will be slower not that its actualy been fast to date but should be able to role up quicker towards the end.
Will not mention mines anymore but troops will be leading the push vehicles only risking unexplored terrain if risk is justified as need the firepower.
This would have been a lot easier if had upgraded fragile JPz1s or had a sensible plan

BF> Troops move forward a couple now with tanks found 1 ATG a MMG killed it for no loss.
Near the road surviving cav sct routed & down to 2 men & my scout found another squad, infantry support is down to JPz1s not ideal but short on transport so tanks doing short range ferrying to woods.

CF> Most are heading South FOO is staying to see if can set up in woods so is heading North with a reinforced platoon. Discover a squad in woods shots traded C> 1 each then a squad moving to assist loses 2 men to a infantry gun on the mountain. A scout is going to see if he can work his way West & see anything

AIT > I replot arty smoke screen up North & to hit the woods down South, cav scout there opens up & dies then the sky falls. 6 Batts & a dozen or more assorted guns let fly mainly on top bottom forces, about 8 men + 2 trucks become a memory. AI is having same trouble as me putting them somewhere out of sight is not that easy half a dozen mortars & mountain guns appear on the map, most I have LOS to but attacking not practical or safe due to range & other unseen guns. Direct fire use is a very real possibility.
Old January 30th, 2009, 03:25 PM

General

Default T8 Said I wouldn't but

Sorry but TF seems to be sitting beside a minefield, a few units inc sniper are hunting his counterpart rest are checking the ground or spreading out behind hill to try & avoid arty. 1 Pioneer is in position to start clearing, his mate & RAM are clearing further back & any faster path to the front runs through last turns arty strikes

MF> manage to take out squad without further loss but progress is hard trying to hide from 2 mountain guns I can see & inf gun that I cant. At least he didnt manage to kill anyone this turn.
BF> Looking for ATR squad moves adj to tank & finds its sitting on mines squads moving to check status of other tanks. Giving up finding other ATR & moving South away from mines when I can. Part of MF moving towards them run into a squad & get him running, force in South woods now moving forward slowly & have killed squad

AIT> Was not looking forward to this as several units pined due to last barage but loses minor from arty, still not found TF sniper & he took out 3 men, there are mines everywhere here even guys looking for sniper have found them. Tank sitting on mine in middle others seem OK but mines are right in front of them, close call.
BF mortar starts direct firing at MKIII with riders.
My 10cm CB fired they will be sticking to that task.
Its like I am in the desert already finding places to hide is not proving easy.
Old January 31st, 2009, 12:53 PM

General

Default T9 & 10 Mare

Still looking for sniper & mines while avoiding arty up top.
Guys moving towards TF ran have run into a couple of squads combat in progress.
Scout who headed down depression had a squad with him for support they are heading back after spotting a bunker & squad, found a scout on the return trip.

Units transfering South have run into 4 squads 2 by a 231 which ran into the first & moved to find another, LOS are terrible the best places to attack them from are by guestimates in full LOS of the mountain & the guns on it. No walk in the park this keep triping over the buggers 150m further back a St Et HMG opens up from an angle was not expecting, heck. Taking big risks to try & get to anything but manage to dig a couple out & casulties are about 2/1 ratio but roling the dice big style. Trying to stay out of sight of the mountain but closed top AFVs are risking moving next to pinned units as they only have grenades, an assualt on the reckless ACs is going to work sometime.
BF> Easier here due to being sheilded by hill but lost 2 men when squad moved next to 2 units, surprisingly one of them firer was panicked by my squad, they are out of holes but trying to get to a 3rd found unit lost 2 men walking into mines. Going to try following paths routers are taking.
Further in scout finds ATR & a squad no loses occur here.
AIT> My smoke covers the North quite nicely & South woods is hit hard by arty but now think cant reach hit areas due to mines, AI arty stops apart from a few mortars. Kill a scout for no loss then St Et HMG opens up on forces that killed scout 2 men & Sdkfz7 down

T10
TF> Several mines cleared moving cautiously along by road, RAM is on the way but I hope thats it as have had the odd mine for last 500m & now through the line. AC risks offroad behind wire along with a scout as cannot close distance on sniper elsewhere. Hit him with 2 155s but hes probably still out there.
Force moving towards TF sneak up on a squad, takes big cahoonas to go after men running as on the top of this little rise now, I don't think they can progress much further till TF is ready to go. TF looks like it has shrunk quite a bit.
MF> Getting bogged down making way to bottom force MkIII fires at HMG then squad risks moving up gets adjacent then 2 men down as another St Et HMG opens up, smokes & kills the first. 2 231s risk everything to get near him killing 2 straglers on the way. They are wide open to fire from mountain but that HMG has to go as has a good field of fire.
BF> Fire exchanged with ATR for no effect squads in wood move to follow runners discover 2 more units MKIII gives an assist then it all goes a bit Pete Tong.
Truck moving over safe area hits mine & its passengers die, that was a full squad. 2nd MkIII moves to help first mine immoble & other one is sitting on.
Manage to route all enemy but I need those pioneers have units on mines all over the place here.
Thinking I should pull back till they arrive as prime spot for arty drop. Pulling back without entering view from mountains is not simple though, also thinking its time for my arty to move half move out & all ammo clear the area.
AIT> Just mortars no cas but a FOO & my HQ recieving fire, a few routers rally several shots traded but only loses are squad kills ATR for a man down, 231s do not recieve fire. 1/3rd of time has gone & only a not to healthy looking TF seems near to getting to objectives. A concentrated breakthrough till past mines might have been more sensible.
Old February 1st, 2009, 06:34 PM

General

Default T11+12 Good news at last

Seem to be through the mines in a few places,
TF> a couple of sqauds tried running down road vehicles moving to position
MF> tank that was near ATRs hex is clear. Troops moving to that area seem to have bypassed & on the other side.
BF> scout cleared his hex its in LOS of mortars at least but troops will be okay to pass unnoticed.

Think I have found a depresion through which I can move to reinforce TF
Found a squad & dug out then killed St Et HMG, lost 3 men doing so 2 of them belong to a depleted scout. The other StE HMG was killed by a squad under fire from an inf gun & a few runners were taken down. As seem to have a path through mines below centre axis (ATR area) we shall push on here, flags are quite close & if it draws to much fire will drop smoke.
TF> found a squad routed, then sniper dual broke out with mine victorious, smokes going so clearing area
AIT> Nothing realy happened few runners down same arty.

T12 Running for high ground
TF> Before the last of the smoke clears RAM floors it along the road & several vehicles move to mountains L4 crest & unload, around the area the sniper was there are now 1 scout & 3 squads, 1 is running for a man down, they are being engaged on 2 sides from front & trees by the road. Tanks here have turned SDischrgers back on as I think they might recieve fire when the lasts wisps of cover burn off.
Force moving to MMG gets in a fight with ATR takes out a man sniper moves to finish but finds bunker so back were he started, AAwagon finnishes him
Several units have transfered along depresion & are waiting for a squad to clear mines before can assist with squads mentioned above.
Just South of those squads mountain sticks out at L4 for about 500m forming a shield.
The bunkers have no AT weapons but need front to kill so till have a better idea of whats out there leaving, smoke is like golddust at the moment.

Right about now my MF+ BF commanders must be getting hacked off with me, tell them to move for support or retreat then order them to push on in the next breath. Don't know if this happens to other commanders but quite often find I have a unit or 2 that run around in circles for a few turns. More often than not they end up back pretty much where they started, not realy the way to do things. Anyway they are now pushing again.
MF> It looks like A line of mines ran from the wire all the way South & I have been running just behind it, pioneers stop to punch another hole as mortars might need it later. Lead elements of force heading through the woods reach South end of it.
2 squads scout & 3 MkIIIs that were in ATR fight pass through hole in mines. This area will not be to exposed till reach East end of woods which is not far but there are 4 flags around here. Discover 2 squads, ones a wimp a jumps out of his hole virtualy straight away.

BF> Squad in immobile tank hex cleared those mines PDQ so now 2 paths through, scout is having a great time killing runners but pops smoke when finds a HMG, units passing mines to back him up, a JPz1 is still on top of some though.
Doom & gloom feeling has lifted a bit might be able to outrun arty plots.

AIT> chalk one up to the AI he is after my leaders. Most of my arty is in transit but droped 4 tubes on a gun on mountain that could be a threat & he abandoned ship.
AI dropped most of its arty & majority was to far back but still got 2 trucks a couple of pioneers & one of my HQ staff keeled over, I have a bike near by that was on its way to shift him as was a truck.
MF + BF just traded a few shots but TF was a diffrent ball game.
ATG opened up at 222 range 1 Km or so luckily missed several shots at 24%, know location within 100m.
AAgun on mountain outcrop mentioned spotted as fires at 231 from 500m, damaged.
My A Co Leader has ended up in the front line. I do not think he was the best target but sniper zeroed him, want this guys head when I find him 500m & he killed 4 men Co retreated. Everybody else decided he was fair game & lost another 2 men. Think I got 2 forget as more concerned with his fate. Just tried & he rallied to pinned status so he can at least drop smoke.
Wonder if snipers actualy target officers, good if they do
Old February 2nd, 2009, 07:49 AM

General

Default T13 Taking stock

TF> 3 squads enter South end of village, its empty & moving into buildings next go should have them near that ATG, scout & MMG crawl out near village but cant see anything. Combination of rough & high grass means LOS is very patchy round here. Ram decides to take on AAgun for no effect but its out of AP ammo now.
MMG to South opens up at group of 3 enemy & takes a shed load of fire losing 2 men, time for a rethink theres quite a bit out there.
I need arty back on line & should be able to get that ATG next go plus think path through mines will be cleared so just going to try to get some armour near village & in position to launch an attack next go. Have a little probe both sides loses about equal but ends up as follows
There are 4 units in original area all told, 1has vacated.
On level 4 or there abouts furthest East is St Et HMG then AAGun on outcrop.
Where outcrop joins the mountain squad & sniper, suspect more
ATG is near enough where expected.
I made a few minor moves on original lot then squad by ACo leader drew sniper fire, Co leader covered them both, AAwagons fired at there counterpart only pinning then squad discovered HMG so HT went to pick him up & was missed by ATG which was spotted by my HQ who is now near enough leading the advance & doing his scout thing. Bit reckless & think an ATR went off some where, Greeks have good interlocking fields of fire it seems.
Most of force that was in woods is now waiting behind mines to move out or on route, a squad & MMG remain to see if they can see anything & the remains of the scout is trying to find a place to hide.
I am a little worried may have guessed LOS wrong when last of the smoke vanishes.

MF> Whoops just realised my 223Fu is leading the charge, looks like 222 still he kills a man & they leave foxhole
2 Tanks in middle kill a man each in other visible squads, then I move a squad to treeline & find another 231s engage & kill 3 men. All these guys are pinned so HTs join in 1 routed. Before fire any other vehicles squad in open moves to see if anyone else is around, find a squad about 300m back, others may well be there but ground falls away behind him.
Yet another sniper fairly close takes a life tank fires at & routes then 1 moves adj ready to kill next turn. Squads move out & are on form lose a couple of men & something else is out there but these guys are devastating at 150m, the enemy is melting even the sniper sucumbs.
Lot of rough here so not managed to get adjacent but squads near woods near enough wiped out, one is in a tricky position & my halftrack decides to take a path that runs by him. Oh heck short moves in tricky terrain please, hey he lives & Greek squad can't be happy, rally HT fires & routes now we can mech assault thank you
FOO is moving slowly to a crest line that should have very good LOS if its safe, hes on his jack

BF> Mines are cleared from JPz1, MkIII fires on St Et HMG & scout in hex pinns & routes so squad tries his luck moving into tree beside them, take down.
Scout cant find anymore runners so risk a bit of trail blazing Sdkfz7 taking over & running down same path, risky but arty did hit & hidden from other firers. About 500m away is the first of his mortars & I think there are about 6 guns total a bit further on. Anything I can do to reduce arty helps, lead guy back on foot as think LOS opens up from here, tanks are 200m back

AIT> Well Greeks had another good go those SE HMG are dangerous
TF> one took out 2 men & I lost another, smoke clearing has let another AA Gun join in the fun its right back on L7 & did no damage.
MF> St E HMG opened up at 600m killed 3 & reduced a motorbike. A gun of some type pretty close opened up as well.
C> 3for7 more if arty got kills but don't think it did. Mortars taking fire to now & his arty is dictating my tactics at the moment, keep moving if you want to live. My 80mtrs are still not quite close enough to be of any use except in the centre.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 11:10 AM

General

Default T14 Meet the Spartan Brigade

TF> Where to start, squad in village enters building & loses 2 men in fight with ATG, HQ under fire routes ATG killing 2, MMG opens up at HMG another 2 down getting a patern here.
Pioneer & JPz1 work over central group C>1for2 but think out of shots.
Scout moves in, no they wern't digs squad out under a hail of fire losing a man but sighting several more units.
Ram & AA go to work on AAgun hoping distant one will join in, no luck but mobelwagon kills 4
Then back to central group 2 AC move up to assist then a MKIII comes under fire from an AAgun that has for some reason ignored AC. It has a pen of 3 so MKIIIs share its fire or ACs will die, everything that can has a go at it managing to kill 3 crew
We have lost a few on the way to but in control of centre now 2 remaining units are running &. several vehicles are 150m from a clump of Greeks. Half a dozen squads & MMG are at level 6 by the village. Ht moves to ATG & kills another couple of its crew.
MMG & squad that remained in woods stuck there head out, survival is now there only goal

MF> Slight worry there apears to be another set of mines here, from position think they run South & I am at he end of it, about to find out.
They have all rallied vehicles fire at 3 sqds near woods & one near HMG then only squad in woods that can do anything without attracting the attention of HMG has a go. All routed bar one so units in open check mines seems alright so 2 tanks move up, can't see gun but recieve no fire so shoot at HMG for no effect, one pops smoke between HMG & woods. Sqd moves on last squad & loses 2 men when a new squad opens up allowing adjacent pinned squad to shoot to & get the kills.
A bit of a firefight breaks out & things escalate, scout jumps in remains of bike & recieves fire from another squad in woods, so drives for cover. Others try moving on from woods side & discover a scout with a squad.
Then to top it off inf gun fires at 231, MMG returns favour & routes.
We won that exchange but these are a hardy lot 4 still in holes 3 in ready status.
Not quite true 2 more are still in holes & 2 eventualy forced to run but these 4 squads total 5 men, they are fighting to the bitter end expecting to hear cries of Banzai echoing round the hills any minute.
The HMG took 4 vehicles unloading on & did not blink, they are more than making up for the guy that wimped out earlier only person that folded was the gun crew.

BF> Lead squad crawls forward to the crack of a rifle, man down get a couple of other units on him but thats about it ends up 2 for1. Units further back are going backwards as arty is falling heavily so split into 2 distinct groups till it calms. Found remains of a squad while doing so.

AIT> arty missed & I CB fired but its freaking me out I am in the wrong theatre since when was Greece in the pacific. The only units that did not recover were an AAgun & SE HMG but they are ready to fight now. Even the ATG with halftrack & squad in its hex recovered, give me the French anyday.
TF> There is another ATG somewhere near the first & ATR behind squad cluster, result damaged Ht & 231 dead 222 & mobelwagon men traded losses about equal.
MF> ATG 700m or so & another mountain gun close I think can't see either, 231 & HT damaged. Was winning here then a squad recovered & shot up my squad before torching the HT. About now I utter an expletive just what are these guys on.
BF> Somewhere on hill at over 600m StE HMG opened up & 5 men dropped, thats 5 did I say we were going to N. Africa afterwards the way its going this could become our resting ground.
Shortening the number of turns & going without any support on an assault is extracting a heavy price, not to mention the amount of arty & ferocity Greeks are fighting with. Seriously its like fighting the Japs getting them to run is hard & when they do they come back at you all guns blazing.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 03:45 PM

General

Default T15 The Black Adder

Where is Baldrick with one of his cunning plans, can't be any worse than my exploits so far, I need to smoke off areas so I can at least control what I am fighting, MF + BF will get out of woods as fast as possible to take objectives & have Greeks come to me, these guys are just to resiliant to take on up close.

TF> Several vehicles open up Ram kills sniper then squad kills ATG in his hex & moves onto rise to find other ATG & takes fire from a few units including a bunker 100m away, his HT mounts a rescue spots several units including another bunker & ATR that takes a pot shot.
The ram which seems to have developed a bit of a hero complex moves up recieving fire from both ATR, continues & other ATR is spotted ATG fires & misses cant see but know exactly where it is. Squad moves for through village straight into 2 bunkers the force in the village is basicaly stuck that ATG is out of reach they nead armour support.
The only infantry that can smoke it out is my HQ but its to big a risk move so MKIII takes on ATR to no effect but moves up the hill dropping smoke cover.
MkIII moves onto outcrop as some dust covers to take on AA gun & scout, kills & routes them finding a baby tank with MG only CV33 which JPz1 kills.
Sqd moves to kill SE HMG finds another scout, 231 & 222 pin him before sliding behind smoke & sqd digs out HMG then fires at another squad.
Next squad moves up takes out HMG & think defenders are out of shots so 2 HTs move up, turns out its not the case of course another scout is found & kills a man or 2 but carry on & manage to get another couple involved.
Made reasonable ground up the hill & in last phase wipe out 2 squads scout ATR AA gun & finaly manage to scare the bejebas out of most of the others, will they bounce back again. Final moves some units in village jumpin trucks to move to tanks smoke unseen scouts fire so more smoke dropped to protect trucks & MkIII turns on discharger & climbs outcrop sitting there to see if any fire comes his way as should be at range I hope.

MF> Exchange of fire manages to kill most visible units then move ATG takes a shot & still cant see him but I am abandoning woods & moving mainly along edge. Tanks hiding behind anything & troops moving up to try & see ATG to NW next go.
A tank & AC move behind some rough on otherside of clearing 100m fro SE HMG & finaly kill 1 man, there is a squad here to & mountain gun is somewhere close. Bit further SW are 2 flags & at least a squad has fired from there, I have control of 3 flags here
BF> Kill squad & ATR & still trail blazing following footsteps of lead unit, 400m from flags but terrain climbs & becomes open 200m ahead. Have to try & find that HMG & expect other units. Tanks might have to risk guns & become more proactive as troops are hurting putting a bit of smoke here but most arty is focused on TF
AIT> First the good news fighting spirit went a bit & most of those that tried bit the dust, found mountain gun near MF. Now the bad BF is not going anywhere fast the earth did move with the amount of arty that just slamed the location trying to find a unit with less than 3 men down is getting hard & the transport is down to half here now, just could not move quick enough.
Old February 4th, 2009, 08:50 AM

General

Default T16 Getting a foothold

TF> Trying to figure out what to take on first is still proving well hard here both braincells are going into overload mode the AAgun on the top of the mountain is a big headache.
2 AC & 2 tanks take a safeish route to bunkers tanks taking fire from ATR, furthest North bunker is destroyed so troops can at least move a bit, the other bunker both tanks manage to repeatedly miss despite hit ratio climbing into high 80s, 3rd tries damn things got a force field or something manage to hit it once with a total of 12 shots.
HQ decides its time to lead from the front so sends a squad to take on the enemy units covering the area, he then moves out under fire & kills a mortar rallies & finds ATG, calls for support & a MMG loses 3 men to that damned bunker but kills 3 ATG crew, HQ gives the all clear as he takes it down showing the men just what is expected of them.
JPz1 Move on remaining troops at base of outcrop under fire from AAgun but with no MGs they have no effect so a squad moves onto the outcrop & discovers a sniper & scout 200m away. He takes other fire to but is determined to not let the side down as he is in rough terrain, RAM tries to pin these new troops then squad takes them on cutting one scout section in half for no loss.
A pioneer braves fire from the bunker & takes out the ATR
Decide to use reserve 231 & try the bunker again, finaly it succumbs so motorcycle heads for AAgun on the heights but StE HMG opens up ouch I have a grudging respect for these things.
Empty HT moves on sniper & kills then a scout takes a risk as several others have failed to find the HMG, finds it & 2 squads pops smoke & still manages to dig a scout out. No one is failing infront of there commander now.
It might not sound much but we now control to hex row 23 50m from the edge of the outcrop & its been a hard slog to get here probably helped by the plight of my BF. There are a couple of bunkers near the village & maybe men but we are on the mountain. There are about 10 units visible within 500m of the lead & a bit further on tell tale signs of arty guns

MF> MKIII & AC take out HMG & squad helps them with the mountain gun they are now adj to flags & just west discover a platoon dug in there is a SE HMG to but scout cant find it. Forces exchange fire for little effect then a couple of squads head towards ATG find 2 more squads & scout at treeline so pioneers ride HTs to & take down after tank uses discharger. ATG fires don't think its the same one & CoB leader fires twice at 450m killing, just earned his stripes as was under fire & spots a squad there to. The FOO has made it to ridge line & can see cavalry moving to reinforce this position.
A good turn as killed a few runners to C> about 35 for 4 & made progress, must get my HQ into the mix more often his boys are fired up.
Southern part of this force is about 2/3Km from remains of BF but its mainly woods. HMG that fired may be the same one

BF> Only one foot slogger can move does his best to clear the area was on the edge, vehicles cant pick up anyone so survivours risk moving SW as its parallel to flags but towards map edge, they may end up pretty much on there own.

AIT> Happy bunny here of course they mainly rallied & a new AAgun opened up on the mountain taking a 222 & HT as well as damaging a JPz1, so much for MkIII drawing fire & I did slightly better in troop exchange. But the bottom force got a reprieve most arty stopped I think because other forces are right on top of flags, Thought I was going to say goodbye to a platoon or more here & the TF losses are acceptable considering the gains they made.
When I have all my arty on line its enough, just. The trouble is as trying to be semi realistic half of it has to keep moving with the advance.
Reports may slow down from tommorow map building.
Old February 5th, 2009, 03:12 AM

General

Default T17 HQ sees the whites of their eyes

TF> Near the village 231 with a squad in tow go bunker hunting, 1 down.
HQ decides to carry on & is taking on a mortar & bunker crew
MKIII that was supposed to draw gun fire moves to edge of outcrop it does & ATR to, routes sqd & fires at a CV tank thing missing.
Need to take this down so troops can move up in safety & 3 units in wood can come back into play, they are in a bad state. 4 armoured units move on all miss but its dead next go for sure.
231 & HT route unit allowing two MKIIIs to close range with AAGuns, they destroy one.
Scout near StE HMG finnishes the job on a scout & finds another one, his Ht kills 3 men in StE HMG routed.
Several vehicles have a go at remaining units in the area but still 4 can return fire, several cav units can be seen in the distance but seem to be heading for MF.
MMG opens up wondered over this as already suffered last turn & after a few exchanges of shot they kill him, squads turn to extract vengance, no kills but they seem to have run out of shots so last tank moves up & routes furthest squad. Now apart from new units only the tank & one unit can return fire moving out.
Scout pushes his luck again & somehow hes still intact but decides to seek refuge in a HT. He recieved a lot of fire & can see 2 more sqds another HMG & a sniper 100m away. squads kill 3 units furthist up slope & route the sniper.
My sniper makes a none to stealthy aproach to line up HMG & decides to pull back as find more units, thats as far as we are going & my vehicles are fairly exposed, not a great deal of gain but was expecting heavy resistance here & coming over a hill with enemy on the other side is not easy, have 3 flags here & just constantly applying pressure.

BF> Manage to convince a few men to move & the few that retreated to safety are now moving again but they have a fair bit of heavy terrain to cross & catch up. Moving tanks without support is never a good idea & with woods around is asking for trouble so inevitably JPz1 loses a track to assault. A squad & 2 tanks kill the squad before it finnishes the job & find a bunker. Tanks that make it to open fair better for the moment & kill one mortar engaging a second. All tanks are switching dischargers back on as distances closed.

MF> Facing 2 distinct groups here SE & NE, I am a bit torn on what to do BF could do with some infantry, TF is engaging in wide open terrain & could do with help from the other end. If guns open up at range they might not see them.
See how it plays out.
1 squad who stayed in woods has been making careful progress to flag there, hes undetected but spots a scout on it & a squad in front. The best aproach is from behind as can engage at range. In my impatience move him to a second hex to go round, 3 men down as several units open up & he runs.
There has to be a lesson in there trouble is I never learn it

Pioneer risks moving into trees near NE squad for a look, maybe that was the only ATG MKIII moves up & takes on squad, it seems clear so 2 other squads move up, 200m further is the top of the hill & TF will be visible from here.
Tank & AC open up on SE group, risk moving a hex & find HMG, 223Fu routes last unit, a few cautious moves but nothing so HT runs up unloads & digs out 2 squads & HMG, another does the same to remaining squad. Take 2 flags here & find a bunker.
Remaining units decide to move behind units in wood & take last flag here, discover the hard way that there was indeed another ATG here as 231 brews up.
Top marks to the AI on its placement & I am gutted thats a few ACs I have lost in last few turns & the crews went with them, my top vehicle crews have just been smoked.

I have just noticed due to problems keeping arty hidden & rough terrain my mortars have spread a bit & over half are short on ammo, mare going to have to move some to get ammo trucks near. Just selected my FOO & hes got 24 units in LOS that does not sound to healthy.

AIT> A lot happened arty is starting to come in, not to bad & my batts definetly got the hang of CB firing.
TF> HQ gets his 3rd kill & a Greek squad pops smoke as it runs nicely blocking some fire, then it routed into a HTs hex & tank shot at it immob my HT.
Thought I got a bit ambitious with a couple of vehicle moves ATG hits 2 halftracks for a kill & damage result, cavalry have u turned & heading for TF now.
MF> Heaviest arty here & a bit late but units in woods have left foxholes. AA gun started firing at 223Fu was worrying about wrong one, luckily it came under a barrage of fire killing 4 men. Need to look after this guy a bit more as now has 9 kills so must be on his way to being good.
BF> Some sort of gun is firing at the tanks in open & a poor suicidal Greek in CV is moving from road to attack my armour with a Mg, good luck mate hope you have freinds.
Loads of other stuff to but they do not seem to be recovering so well & only new gun spotted was the dying AAgun
Old February 5th, 2009, 08:59 AM

General

Default T18 The gloves are off

TF>HQ is now upto 5 kills on his stroll through the arty park.
There are at least 2 ATGs out there that I cant find so having to be cautious.
There are 5 bunkers facing the woods, JPz1 going to take out found more mines.
Have killed all original units & engaging half a dozen more slowly rolling forward, once those guns are found the German war machine might well find top gear, in the open with my higher exp LMGs & armour even there foxholes offer no respite.

MF> MkIII Routes AAGun 223Fu does the take down then move north into woods & towards ATG, still cant find it but think squads 2 hexes away, smoked it out of play & took last flag before heavy fighting in the woods, turns out there were quite a few in there, were being the operative word as there numbers have dwindled, 2 running & a ready squad remain he may take out one of my squads if goes the right way. Ht lost mobility & a few men down but a big hit. there is at least another squad, can't see but know where.
On the other side of the clearing in the woods also Bunker survives but units moving to retake flags have been heavily repulsed, battle is on in some force but now they are out of foxholes they are no match for my vets.
A MkIII has moved into position to intercept CVs running over the hill, another is close but more worried with assisting with taking down the ATG when its located. A pioneer is on the reverse slope just in case they make it that far.
This force seems to have become very aggressive, no pussy footing seek & destroy is enabled.

BF> MkIII kisses CV goodbye then as its a bit higher here another moves into position to fire on squad back in woods pinning him so squad moves in & sends him packing. JPz1 takes out the bunker. Now I have to be careful there is a gun out there somewhere & tanks wont see it need troops up here. Smoke is going where I think HMG is so thats a problem to.
Tanks can risk the gun its about 1K away I think JPz1s can't so one will try to cover route from road incase more CVs move in, squad in Sdkfz7 goes with him & dismounts. He will try working his way up for a look at this gun. Should have plotted smoke to cover that gun but I am back in arty problems again going to have to stop CB.
MkIIIs took out a mortar & moved North taking a flag, I think they are out of sight of the gun & a squad was found & routed with the aid of my lead squad.
They also found a HMG but pulled back, its in a difficult palce & is not the one I am after.
Suddenly the MF is only 1/2 a Km away but the healthy squads in this force that are running for a lift in what little transport remains are a full Km back

AIT> As it looks like they are in trouble & FOOs have good LOS carrying on with all arty, 2 mortars that are out are droping smoke in BF gun area others mainly target area TF guns are in.
His arty is not what it was CB fire & vanishing onboard guns has seen to that.
To be honest its a bit of a bloodbath out there they rallied well but in most places are hitting an interlocking wall of fire.
I do wish they would stop routing towards my vehicles MkIII managed to immobilise another one, its alright when they run at the end because tanks don't fire but mid turn they are becoming a bit over zealous. A 65 inf & mountain gun have joined in the fun & games on the mountain.
The AC & tank furthest South in MF by the bunker had a few moments trying to stop themselves being overrun, they might have to pull out. The ATG is not quite where I thought it was & took a HT down & the VCs changed direction to try & cover it.
Still about 70% have recovered to fighting status, with the French it was the tanks that were unshakeable, with the Greeks I am glad they have not got any.