.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old December 13th, 2015, 08:17 AM

First Lieutenant

blazejos is on a distinguished road
Default Suwałki Pass hot spot in case of WWIII

In Poland press we have now discussion about Suwałki Pass. Modern version of Polish corridor which was casus belli of WWII or Fulda Gap during Cold War. NATO general Ben Hodges mentioned this spot as most hot places in modern NATO-Russia relations after Donbas and Syria. This place is ideal for cut off Baltic states from any help in case of Russian invasion. Secondary can connect Kaliningrad with Bealorusia. As was mentioned such scenario was in use during last Russian-Bealoursian exercises. Even NATO rapid response units need two weeks for move from Germany to Baltic states and may face there then enemy units.

Source Gazeta Polska (only in Polish)
http://niezalezna.pl/71738-nato-ostr...em-po-donbasie

Old December 13th, 2015, 10:57 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Suwałki Pass hot spot in case of WWIII

Though I understand why this is posted here and I agree it would make for an interesting series of scenarios, the developer would do well to keep up on current events such as UK for now maintaining an armored presence in Poland for the foreseeable future, the U.S prepositioning armor, artillery and logistics in the Baltic States, Germany and Poland and maintaining at least brigade sized training rotations in those coutries. Germany and France are doing likewise, though to include direct military sales as well. I think there is a general reluctance to allow Russia the opportunity that Germany was given in the mid 1930's when the U.S. was in an isolationist mode, UK wasn't strong enough militarily and France was reluctant to act with the largest army in Europe to stop Nazi Germany in it's earlier aggression's and treaty violations. I do not compare modern Russian with either Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia, however, the situation is very similar though when you look at Ukraine, over flight territorial incursions and large scale military exercises all along the Russian border with Europe. Right now I'd say we're in a "Cool War" vs. Cold War status. As long as it doesn't turn "hot", it'll be good for the defense industry and our humble game.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old December 14th, 2015, 08:01 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Suwałki Pass hot spot in case of WWIII

The following are articles from this month dealing with the issues I raised in the above post.

Russian Incursions...
http://www.defence24.com/281790,russ...nd-and-georgia

Germany will send more equipment to Lithuania...
http://www.defence24.com/281795,germ...uided-missiles

For a "dead" aircraft it sure is getting around already in Turkey and now Hungry. I believe Congress will make the USAF come up with it's replacement (Have already posted on this.) before it can retire it and, it won't be the F-35A. Reminds me of a line from the Beach Boys song of the same name "I Get Around"...
http://www.defence24.com/280004,a-10...ned-in-hungary

UK flexing it's muscle in Europe...
http://www.defence24.com/276271,brit...without-poland

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old December 15th, 2015, 02:11 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Suwałki Pass hot spot in case of WWIII

The USAF has long hated the A-10, everyone else in the world loves it (unless it's shooting at them), go figure.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old December 15th, 2015, 06:01 PM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Suwałki Pass hot spot in case of WWIII

In Swedish media the island of Gotland sometimes figure in the press as a possible target for Russia should Moscow try to cordon off the Baltic states...