World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old January 13th, 2012, 02:40 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

Note to self-listen to CINCLANTHOME more often. You see I've been told not too over analyze things when the answer is right in front of me at times. So with that in mind-thanks Don!

Regards,
Pat
Old January 14th, 2012, 09:47 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

It makes alot sense,if you consider the world economics,there will be little improvements if any at all in arms development.

France just lost it's high credit rating also,expect the the rest of Euro's will soon follow

There is serious debate on the US congress floor and those that want to take command in the white house, on serious decreasing of defense spending,and more on making more jobs,but this is maybe purely political camoflage.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 04:19 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,425 Times in 2,696 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
A1. ADD/RUSSIA/TORNADO MRLS/APR 2011/C2/6 or 12 ML 300mm SMERCH Rockets/These are updated versions of the SMERCH rocket that are GPS guided. It can carry multiple munitions types and can still launch the unguided versions. The key here is the improved operability of the system from the launcher which is much more manueverable, air mobile and much easier and faster to reload. This is the replacement for the BM-21 GRAD which is taking place at this time. The Max. range is 70km and 90km with a specilized rocket.
http://www.armyrecognition.com/russi...formation.html
See Page 3 Post #30 Item #2
In game terms the differences between that and the existing Smerch are too minor to bother with.

Don
Old January 22nd, 2012, 04:38 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:

C1. TURKEY/LEOPARD-1A3T1/UNIT 035/CHANGE/DATES to SEP 1982-DEC 2020/As noted above in para./Total ordered 77 MBT + 4 ARV. All operational units NOT converted to the LEOPARD-1T.

and.......

However as with all the Turkish LEOPARD tanks they are still in service today

...Pat, there are ammo upgrades made which means it's a waste of time to simply extend Turk Leo 1s to 2020 because the older versions are carrying old ammo and that's why the Leopard 1A3 T2 is set up to run alone from 1/110 with the latest ammo upgrade. If the T1 versions are indeed still in service then they need to be copied and have the latest gun added into weapon slot 1 but with all the change this and change that I'm not clear on when you are suggesting the Leo 1's first made it to Turkey. It *appears* to be SEP 1982

Don

Last edited by DRG; January 22nd, 2012 at 05:01 PM..
Old January 22nd, 2012, 05:18 PM

Lieutenant General

Don,
The Turkish LEO 1 tanks are definitely still in service of this I have no doubts about at all based on the volume of refs pointing to it besides what I supplied. However if you feel the issue is similar to the M-60 Rise issue of a couple of years ago which also dealt with ammo and gun issues, 1) We can leave it as is like back then or 2) Maybe increase the service life as you feel comfortable doing based on your current info and notes to reduce your work load. The other Turkish LEO issues are more important to me and to be perfectly honest for the weeks put into just that "rabbit hole" and with all due respect; I'll have to break out my entrenching tools!?! See Pg. 1 Post #3 A3. and Pg.2 Posts #14 - #17 (Didn't remember until I just checked previous; on Turkish LEO Pg. 1 Post #3 M3. - C6.) in this thread as a reminder of that M-60 situation, as always I'll defer to your decisions since based on the body of the work submitted in this area of my passion for the game I really can't complain about the overall results I've had thus far. For this I'm grateful for in doing the above and maintaining a professional working situation.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; January 22nd, 2012 at 05:35 PM..
Old January 22nd, 2012, 10:36 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I'm going to go over all the Leo 1 changes again tomorrow because after all the add-this-change-that-delete-this-add-that there appears to be some serious problems with T1 units going to 2020 but no T2's
Old January 23rd, 2012, 01:44 AM

Lieutenant General

Don,
Three weeks on the first half alone a month off for the middle section and start of the last probably 7-8 to weeks alone between life issues just to get through the volume of refs to get about a 90+% consensus of all the sources. Bottom line it was the toughest equipment issue to date for me and there fore I would prefer you not to get bogged down here based on everything else on your plate. The last two Turkish LEO issues are easier to deal with and are more straight forward I hope and think. Would rather the other items on PP #65 go first as they are also more to the point if you will. And did I mention about three pages of legal paper with the complete Turkish LEO OOB UNITS on it as well to compare against those refs!?! Ping Pong balls come to my mind right now or better a tennis match. The clock ticks on unfortunitly and it can wait besides after today on here and there I owe CINCLANTHOME a day away from the house with a nice dinner and I know you can relate. If we have time at the end we can hit it and as the CORPS would say "GIT SUM" ALONG WITH SOME while we're at it. So as I save the following for motivaition and aimed at this issue I leave with this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM82Vuq3PdM

Followed by a fine Irish song and one for the Scotsman across the pond as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdxgn...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do_o5...layer_embedded

I love the pipes that's why I had them at my retirement. I hope you all will enjoy the interlude.

Now I ramble so off to the shower and a good nights sleep.
After...

Regards,
Pat
Old January 23rd, 2012, 02:53 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

From post #65

Quote:

A4. ADD/TURKEY/LEOPARD-2A4/JAN 2006-DEC 2008

Quote:

M1. TURKEY/LEOPARD-2A4T/UNIT 039/MODIFY/To LEOPARD-2T/Dates to JUN 2011-DEC 2020
Am I to ASSUME that the 30 month gap that exists between A4 and M1 is there because ......

Quote:
" Turkey started to feed all 298 MBT ordered into the assembly line for upgrade"
......but left NONE available for operational use during that time ??

Don
Old January 23rd, 2012, 09:25 PM

Lieutenant General

Don,
Yes. I had to take what info I had including that picture ref. from MAY 2010, again posted below from their Defence Directorate in charge of R&D, Procurement etc. for those dates.
Click image for larger version

Name:	tkkamtr2.jpg
Views:	1732
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	11617

Two other things drove that decision to go with the dates as well...

1. The LEO A1 and A3 series MBT's just completed the last of their upgrades with the ASELAN FCS MK I System in 2009.

2. The M60T RESET Program was also finishing up around that time as well.

The only option and I believe you might have it in the back of your head as well for the A4, is to extend the end date to either DEC. 2009 or NO later then JUN. 2010. I have to tell you I was totally "locked on target" with the whole LEO issue and refs at hand and had to have a little faith in something at that point. But I am open to the above as well if it'll serve the game a little better.

Off topic to an extent and now for next year, you'll see the same sort of thing with SAAF ROOKIVAK helo that was grounded then RESET over 18 months.

As a reminder for others the LEO A4 were bought with no mods from Germany because of the huge capital investment being made to totally RESET all 298 of these tanks. Providing the ALTAY program stays on track these LEO-2T tanks represent the final step to reaching that goal.

Regards,
Pat
Old January 23rd, 2012, 09:56 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

OK

Found this shot below the one posted the other day.

Information is not clear but I suspect the tank beside the basic 2A4 is the Altay and what's in the parade is the Leo 2T.

One thing is clear they are not the same tank and the top photo beside the 2A4 is more refined. I picked up that photo from a Turkish blog. Needless to say, I don't read Turkish so I don't know what the text said that accompanied it and now I cannot find the website again....

However... if the top photo is indeed the Leopard 2T ( Next generation )then what are the ones in the parade........

AH HA !!

http://military21.blogspot.com/

It **appears** that the lower photos is a parade of Singaporean Leopard 2SG and they were ( I'm guessing ) Used to compare to the 2T

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leo 2T or Altay.jpg
Views:	1412
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	11618   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leopard 2SG  leos.jpg
Views:	4387
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	11619  

Last edited by DRG; January 23rd, 2012 at 11:07 PM..