.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old February 15th, 2008, 12:55 AM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road
Default Schnell! Work faster!

The following LA nations, which I'd like to include, need more work before I can really do so:
* Several of my nations (Carthacia, Machaka, Helheim and Eriu). I'm going to handle that, obviously.

* Amos' nations are good. I'm going to be trimming material out of them, if anything.

* Themiskyra. I suppose that I could deal with this but weren't other people proposing to take this mod up?

* Sanguinia will be harvested for parts.

* Kharamdzu, Sylvania and Teutanion could all use national spells. Other than that, I'd say they're done.
I suppose that I could add national spells myself - maybe with art harvested from Sanguinia - but there's a lot of work to do otherwise.

* Fthaqqua is still in alpha. Honeybadger, are you still working on this? I like it and would like to see it finished and included.

Incidentally, I intend to produce a LA Megamod which has whatever stuff I like for my own games, and naught else, plus scripts for other people to brew megamods. So probably I'll add worthy heroes to the mix, and my favorite items from CBM (none of the nerfs, but I like light cavalry hooves, and the improvements to some of the spells.)

I might also pile in the expanded pretender choices, and some of my extra national spells for existing nations.

So I'm thinking that the alternate versions of Ulm and Jomon would make decent *expansions* for Ulm and Jomon, as might Sanguinia. Certainly worth a thought.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old March 14th, 2008, 11:04 PM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Schnell! Work fthaqqua!

Thanks for asking, yes I plan on kicking out a lot of work on Fthaqqua this weekend, wife willing. They're going to be more magical, and get an overhaul on their description and nature.

Additions include:

Better defense fortresses,

A level 9 summon that will be the closest thing to Cthulhu in the game so far-will be expensive but a better choice than Tartarians, while still probably needing GOR.

Stationary, mindless "trap" units-these type of units (with variations) I'm going to be using in two other mods, one for a late age "cave hoburg" nation and one for a middle or early age dwarf nation.

A possibility of some undead Agarthan units.

New graphics, I hope.

Other things that will take advantage of new modding abilities, as soon as I figure out what the new modding abilities are.

So, yeah, a lot to come. And yes, it'll probably take a while.