.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > After Action Reports
Notices

Old May 7th, 2009, 07:40 AM

Private

Galantrue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: US Mobile Air Corps

It is now turn 17 and I have control of all V-Hexs. All enemy units that are visible are either routed or retreating, and my troops are settiling into new defensive positions due to the sporadic mortar fire. Occasionally the AI will use offmap but my offmap doesn't have any fire missions so they are quickly CB. Just waiting for the battle to end or a final assualt by the enemy.
Old May 7th, 2009, 02:54 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The 105 is a great gun, but dropping bridges and disabling heavy vehciles is not its strong suit.
Have you not got MLRS for that would have thought you have a lot of tank killing capability anyway, planes helos javelin & APC thats a couple of tank companies gone in quick order unless they have VIRSS
Old May 7th, 2009, 08:02 PM

Private

Unfortunately, my Javelin's at one point were firing from directly next to the ammo carriers. My helo's are taking forever to reload their ATGMs and my MLRS was used early in the battle to destroy large amounts of APCs. I was hoping that my 105s could take up the slack while all of these were reloading/repositioning. Also the fact that for 10 turns 5 batteries of three guns each were firing and hitting a wooden bridge and not destroying it. However, I did managed to drive at least 2 MBTs into routing due to massive application of 105s on their positions. Which, ironically enough, gave my Javelins a chance to kill them as they drove for the rear. And yes, almost every single tank that I fired on had either VIRSS or was manuevering like mad.
Old May 7th, 2009, 09:17 PM

Private

Finally!! Turn 23 battle is over with a fairly decisive victory for the US.

US/NK
Men 66/1538
Artillery 1/6
APCs 0/126
AFVs 1/88
Helos 0/0
Aircraft 0/0

Score 30014/1356

Next Battle US vs NK in the Highlands
Repair costs was 599 points

Upgrading MGs to 120mm mortars
Upgrading 1 Battalion of 105s to 155 ETCs
Upgrading all 81mm Mortars to 120mm Mortars
Upgrading 3 105 Platoons for 3 FASCAM Sections
Added 1 Platoon of Assualt Engineers

And yes the aircraft did disappear.
Old May 7th, 2009, 09:24 PM

Private

This battle I purchased 2 Sections of F-22Js SEAD, One section of A-12s CAS, 1 section of M11 Block 3 MBT, and 1 light mech APC infantry. Vision is 22, turn 47. Heavy Jungle and mud. One set of V-hexs is located on top of a Height 75 hill with jungle on the southern face of the hill. Middle V-hex is located on a Height 85 hill with rough terrian on the all but the east side, which is forest. Southern V-hex is located in a forest area, only open space is to the south. There is lots of mud and rice paddies, so mobility for the enemy is going to be a problem. I'm going to take a break for a day or so, so more details to follow.
Old May 7th, 2009, 10:42 PM

Private

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...nSPMBTPic1.jpg
Old May 8th, 2009, 06:30 AM

Private

Ok, the battle has commenced with an early morning bombardment of the enemy lines for some small damage. Looking at the previous map, I had decided to task the 155s to the crossroad and then mine it with FASCAMs. After the SEAD airstrikes went in, for no damage they didn't even fire, I have decided to retask the FASCAM at a later date. The enemy starts off close to all three V-hexes making these not, in my opion, a meeting engagement, but a hasty assualt. Keeping that in mind I will use the 105s to lay a thick curtain of smoke around the LZs previously choosen and drop some harrassing fire on the enemy that my pilots saw. I kept 4 rifle platoons plus their support in reserve this time, so I should be able to respond when the enemy makes their push. Also found out that the NKs have purchased BM-21s as off map arty, as one of the 105s was CB. One the first turn the Helos all made their LZs and dropped their troops, smoke has been plotted to surround the area, this should give my infantry a chance to deploy into combat formation and begin moving toward the objectives. My AH-66s performed a gorgeous pop-uo maneuver destroying 12 APCs and 3 T-72s without any return fire. Have moved the RH-66s a little closer to the front. I'm going to use them to support the infantry after the AHs go back to reload. My support group has charged down the road to the south, but it will be at least 3 turns before they are in a position to attack the southern V-hex. I'm thinking of deploying 2 Rifle Platoons plus support to assist in the assualt.