.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > LockNLoad: The Forgotten Heroes

Old June 9th, 2003, 11:09 PM

Private

ADK is on a distinguished road
Default Use of RPG\'s and LAWs in Melee combat

HI All,

I guess I will start off by saying this is a great game!!! I have only played it twice, with a friend that I was able to talk into playing, and taking only about an hour to learn most of the rules. We loved the game. I believe my friend was a little upset, while playing the VC because he was outnumbered at first, but quickly learned to love some of their abilities.

During our battles we played both the same mission in the demo and Undaunted Courage 'I am not quite sure the name, but it is the one with Claymores and LAW/RPG's and infantry'. Well the mission didn't go so well for the Unlucky Americans. I won't spoil it for those of you who haven't played that one yet, but the Americans take a good beating.
My question is Three-fold.
First, while assaulting during melee can you use your RPG's? I was assuming yes, but the way I did it was to Roll the normal way for the RPG 'Roll 2d6, and get <= the printed result on the back of the counter', then if the RPG hits with this result he can add his HE fire power to the Assault. If for some reason he should miss, then you cannot add this for your melee combat. Am I right?
Secondly 'and an entirely different question' after placing an Arty spotting round and it is not within line of site of your leader using the impulse to place the round, you must remove the spotting round. Does this deplete your total Fire missions, or do you deplete your fire missions only when you place your FFE marker?
Thirdly, Can all VC use the Ambush ability??

Thanks for any help, I thought it would be a good idea to start a FAQ section here.

Aaron

[ June 09, 2003, 22:12: Message edited by: ADK ]
Old June 9th, 2003, 11:21 PM

Corporal

Ichibrothers is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Use of RPG\'s and LAWs in Melee combat

Hey Aaron.
Yes is is just an awesome game!!!!

-Melee: Ahhh...no to the RPG's and LAW's. Only MG's and Flamethrowers may be used in Melee.

-Correct on the spotting round. If it lands out of the leaders LOS, or it is is so far off target as to be useless. Cancel that SR in a following Impulse by making a new SR attempt. Once an FFE is placed, the Fire Mission is complete.

-VC Ambush!! Just incredibaly deadly! Yes, the VC can ambush an enemy unit in melee if at the beginning of the "VC" impulse, a LOS to that enemy unit "did not exist". The VC attack in melee will be tripled, and the melee is non-sequential....if the VC eliminate the defenders, the defenders do not gaet to attack in return.

Bill
Old June 9th, 2003, 11:24 PM

Corporal

Ichibrothers is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Use of RPG\'s and LAWs in Melee combat

BTW: don't know why, but most of the discussion of LnL takes place over at the Consimworld Forums.

http://talk.consimworld.com/

Bill

[ June 09, 2003, 22:25: Message edited by: Ichibrothers ]