.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old January 28th, 2009, 12:33 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road
Default Spell list for CPCS v0.9

Thread Moved

Last edited by Burnsaber; May 10th, 2010 at 03:44 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Burnsaber For This Useful Post:
Old January 28th, 2009, 05:05 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mod in Progress: CPCS - CrossPathCombatSpells

I think Cloud spells are possible. I don't remember the details, but increasing some feature by 3000 nade a cloud that stays in place for 3 turns. IIRC, this was used in the mod that fixed Mists of Deception.

I've always wanted to see more cross-path Water spells. Poor Masters of the Way...

Water/Death:
* Streams of Tartarus: chilly waters of tartarus cause various nasty effects to living beings
* Death/Water ritual: Call Ghost Ship, including a commander with Sailing ability (use sprites from Damned Admiral spell and perhaps some mercs). Could also work as an underwater combat summon that summons lots of undead that disappear after battle.

Water/Nature (existing spells: naiads, bone melter, Mossbody):
* low-level version of Bone Melter
* underwater spell (or several) that create an AoE poison cloud effect
* W1N1, 100 fatigue (1 gem) combat summon that calls 2 Naiad Warriors

Water/Earth: Earth Grip/Meld-like effect with high AoE (transforms the battlefield into mud).

Water/Astral:
* Waterway, a teleport spell restricted to seas and coastal provinces (hard to do or even impossible).
The Following User Says Thank You to Endoperez For This Useful Post:
Old January 28th, 2009, 05:47 AM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road

I myself think holy/something spells are underrepresented.. holy magic as is is sort of weak. I've tried to make a few holy spells in my shiar mod and I think they work out nice. No real use to post here since they are thematic for that mod only. Soul to stone gives undead only (the 0 prot ethereal beings that nation has) stoneskin in AoE or BF wide variation. Which is nice against magic weapons since else they had no def at all.

Anyway, I'd propose to make holy/nature magic combo's or those 2 with other paths maybe but not give them combat offensive spells but AoE buffs etc etc.
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.
Old January 28th, 2009, 07:14 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

More/better healing spells would be nice. For example, enchantment 3 gives you a 10 yard, 3 or so precision spell with aoe 1. That's pretty hard to use under normal conditions. You'd need a fairly durable mage casting that, you can only script it 5 times, and if you've got a mage who can you're almost certainly better off using them for another purpose. Also, I'm not even sure it's possible, but fatigue-reducing spells would be nice. Say a cloud sort of along the same lines as healing mists. You definitely don't want 100 precision long range fatigue restorers though, that would be far too abusable. I'm thinking something more like a lower-level version of Relief that you could use to help counter stellar cascades, or just help keep up some of your better heavy infantry.
Old January 28th, 2009, 08:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

Redeyes is an unknown quantity at this point

If you introduce new spells does the Combat-AI use them?
Old January 28th, 2009, 11:01 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road

I just had a long good jog and thought about this mod. I added Mod goals so that I'll make a structured and logical mod. Not just a collection of random spells for random paths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turin
Lots of stuff
Thanks! Many viable ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aezeal View Post
I myself think holy/something spells are underrepresented.. holy magic as is is sort of weak. I've tried to make a few holy spells in my shiar mod and I think they work out nice. No real use to post here since they are thematic for that mod only. Soul to stone gives undead only (the 0 prot ethereal beings that nation has) stoneskin in AoE or BF wide variation. Which is nice against magic weapons since else they had no def at all.

Anyway, I'd propose to make holy/nature magic combo's or those 2 with other paths maybe but not give them combat offensive spells but AoE buffs etc etc.
I decided to make this mod as "Vanilla"-friendly as possible and fitting to the Dominions world. Since there are no vanilla crosspath holy spells, I've decided against them.

Perhaps after I've finished the first spells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdonj View Post
More/better healing spells would be nice. For example, enchantment 3 gives you a 10 yard, 3 or so precision spell with aoe 1. That's pretty hard to use under normal conditions. You'd need a fairly durable mage casting that, you can only script it 5 times, and if you've got a mage who can you're almost certainly better off using them for another purpose. Also, I'm not even sure it's possible, but fatigue-reducing spells would be nice. Say a cloud sort of along the same lines as healing mists. You definitely don't want 100 precision long range fatigue restorers though, that would be far too abusable. I'm thinking something more like a lower-level version of Relief that you could use to help counter stellar cascades, or just help keep up some of your better heavy infantry.
I agree. There should be some weapons against fatigue. But this dangereous ground. If you make a single AoE anti-fatique spells that heals say 10 points of fatique, you could just spam it with your mages and have your sacred infatry going on and on and on and on and on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeyes View Post
If you introduce new spells does the Combat-AI use them?
Yes it will. I've seen this in my Alugra mod. The casting AI was especially fond of the fatique healing "Inner Reserves" spell.

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.
Old January 28th, 2009, 12:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

Redeyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Some ideas to fill your open slots:

A/S: Shield of the Heavens, adds twist fate & charged body in a large area.

F/E: Summon Magma Elemental, as a water elemental but 2 crush attacks + Flame Strike, some protection, fire immunity/cold vulnerability and weak fire shield but no trample.
Con- Requires new sprite

F/N: Corpus Annihilō (Latin: Body to Nothing) as soul slay/bone melter but also deals fire damage in a small area.

F/S: Daystar's Blessing, adding flaming weapon, heat radiation and fire immunity effects as a self-buff. If flaming weapon doesn't work (no other spell does it), then fire shield.

E/N: Elemental Warding, as resist elements nature buff but in a small area, large with gem cost.

Last edited by Redeyes; January 28th, 2009 at 12:24 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Redeyes For This Useful Post:
Old January 28th, 2009, 12:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

VedalkenBear is on a distinguished road

Red: I _like_ Shield of the Heavens.

Working off of that:

S/A: Heavenly Glow, Grant a unit (square, etc.) Awe.

A/D: Styxian Storm, puts up a Storm and drops clouds that Feeblemind anyone in them (MR negates).

A/S: Wrathful Descent, Stellar Cascades + lingering cloud that does AN lightning damage.

W/N: Ink Cloud, Underwater only, Poison damage + blind
Old January 28th, 2009, 03:15 PM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road

I think charged body in large AoE is overpowered (on chaff for example it could really really destroy most armies.) combined with twistfate.... even more so.. would need to be a level 8-9 spell with requirement of liek 4-5 in a path and costing major gems.
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.
Old January 28th, 2009, 05:47 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

For the fatigue-reducing cloud, I was thinking you'd pretty much not be able to give it more than 1 point of fatigue reduction. This is what relief gives, but because of DRN rolls it can give more than that. Basically I was talking about a smaller scale relief spell, plus if you make it a cloud it can affect enemy units also. Path requirements would be something like air/nature, air/water, or water/nature. If you don't like the idea that's fine though.