Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V > SEIV

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 14th, 2006, 12:35 AM

Sergeant

Ironmanbc is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Attempting to improve the AI for Proportions 3.05

Quote:
PvK said:
Sounds good, Dogscoff! Do you want to keep the Proportional Response pack as a seperate pack, or shall we just (or also) include it in versions going forward?

I have 3.0.6 itself ready, I think, though I haven't really playtested the new Q-ships to make sure they work properly. It doesn't have a whole lot in it besides those and a few minor fixes, because I wanted to offer a version that wouldn't affect balance before making the next balance-tweak version. I just haven't posted it because of an avalanche of higher-priority things I've needed to do or respond to, and wanted to be sure it worked, and updating the web site is a chore. I think I'll just post 3.0.6 here first (tonight if I remember) as a preview and hope to get some free playtesting, and then if it passes, put it on the web site.

BTW, the next balance-tweak version should be 3.0.7, in which I plan to un-nerf fighters (especially at higher tech levels), semi-nerf weapon platforms so they aren't so ultra-accurate and cost-effective, and probably tweak the mount balance a bit too.

PvK
I'll playtest it for you and see if it needs fixing, i am still playing other mods and my sister asked me if I play with no mods and I said (YA RIGHT)