winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old February 7th, 2018, 06:16 PM

Private

Phobosdeimos is on a distinguished road
Default No Dust in SPMBT Tutorial

Hello,

I am trying to get dust to display in the SPMBT Tutorial.

Is there possibly a hotkey to turn it off/on

Perhaps it has something to do with the high visability value of 62

Thankyou
Old February 7th, 2018, 07:40 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: No Dust in SPMBT Tutorial

The higher the visibility the greater the chance of raising dust but as I recall we tweaked that a bit higher for MBT at some point so now you won't see the dust trails until you are in the 80's visibility.

Here it is from the guide SPMBT Version 3 2004-------

Quote:
Vehicle Dust Trails have been revised to begin appearing in desert terrain and summer months at higher Visibility settings than previously.
I believe the write up for the tutorial predates that change.....I'm a bit surprised it was that long ago.....time flys/

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old April 3rd, 2018, 01:20 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: No Dust in SPMBT Tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobosdeimos View Post
Hello,

I am trying to get dust to display in the SPMBT Tutorial.

Is there possibly a hotkey to turn it off/on

Perhaps it has something to do with the high visability value of 62

Thankyou
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
The higher the visibility the greater the chance of raising dust but as I recall we tweaked that a bit higher for MBT at some point so now you won't see the dust trails until you are in the 80's visibility.

Here it is from the guide SPMBT Version 3 2004-------

Quote:
Vehicle Dust Trails have been revised to begin appearing in desert terrain and summer months at higher Visibility settings than previously.
I believe the write up for the tutorial predates that change.....I'm a bit surprised it was that long ago.....time flys/
If the visibility is set above 75, dust trails result in desert terrain.

However, game guide (GG) has the following:
Quote:
Roads are metalled (grey) or dirt (brown). In dust conditions (Visibility about 80, summer or desert terrain), travel over dirt roads produces dust more quickly than on metalled roads. Dirt roads need less vehicle movement through a hex to produce dust trails, the amount of vehicle movement through hexes for dust production is cumulative.
Again from the GG:
Quote:
If scenario visibility is high, then LOS can penetrate deeper into forests, grasslands, standing crops, light smoke and so forth. When visibility is high (about 60 plus) in high summer months, or in desert or snow terrain, then vehicle movement can raise dust or disturbed snow trails. Low visibility under 10 or so hexes especially, affects air strike accuracy unless fitted with night vision, and causes more glider and paratroop landing accidents.
Again
Quote:
Map vision algorithm changes have been made. The game is now more likely to produce both high (70-80 hex visibility) sunny days and also some night (1-4 hex) visibility conditions. Rooster trails of dust from moving vehicles in deserts and dry summer conditions etc. have been adjusted upwards by 10 hexes to allow for the higher typical visibility. (Previously the game tended to produce too many low visibility days of 20-40 hexes maximum visibility, i.e. an overcast day).
The GG aside, I have vehicle dust trails in desert terrain at visibility above 75 in the current and previous patches, 12 and 10 respectively.

Old April 3rd, 2018, 07:17 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

75 was stated by me in another thread about dust before the patch release. The GG is less precise though technically accurate

about 80
about 60 plus
70-80 hex visibility

There are variations but the effect has evolved over time but the POINT is the visibility has to be set high to get the effect and you took the last quote out of context. That write up was regarding changes to the visibility given out typically to generated battles.... the mention of dust was only that we also raised the visibility where it would appear.... "....have been adjusted upwards by 10 hexes......"

I've give you this though......at least YOU read the damn thing. Few bother.

Both GG's ( in my master game ) now give 75 as the turnover point

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; April 3rd, 2018 at 07:46 AM..
Old April 3rd, 2018, 07:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

RightDeve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
75 was stated by me in another thread about dust before the patch release. The GG is less precise though technically accurate

about 80
about 60 plus
70-80 hex visibility

There are variations but the effect has evolved over time but the POINT is the visibility has to be set high to get the effect

I've give you this though......at least YOU read the damn thing. Few bother
Speaking of Game Guide, it doesn't seem to "conform" with different screen sizes, thus with lower resolution monitors the texts are clipped on the right. Must use the horizontal scroll bar to read each line from left to right. With the latest update, I notice the width is increased even more, thus zooming out the browser to fit all text horizontally will now make the text too small to read.
Old April 3rd, 2018, 07:47 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

If I figure out how to "fix" that I will

The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 3rd, 2018, 08:21 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: No Dust in SPMBT Tutorial

But in the meantime since were all reading the game guide read the section at the very start "Using the Game Guide"

Quote:
If you are viewing this on a really old monitor your best solution would be to RIGHT CLICK on left side of the guide in the area under the INDEX and when the sub headings list appears click on "open in new window". That will give you a guide without the index but the main text will use the entire width of your display making it easier to read and you will be able to search words and/or phrases in the entire main guide.
However, if there is an HTML expert reading this maybe you know( KNOW....I do not need " guessing" ) how to "fix" this so anyone can read it on any monitor without scrollbars send me a PM

The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 3rd, 2018, 08:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
But in the meantime since were all reading the game guide read the section at the very start "Using the Game Guide"

Quote:
If you are viewing this on a really old monitor your best solution would be to RIGHT CLICK on left side of the guide in the area under the INDEX and when the sub headings list appears click on "open in new window". That will give you a guide without the index but the main text will use the entire width of your display making it easier to read and you will be able to search words and/or phrases in the entire main guide.
However, if there is an HTML expert reading this maybe you know( KNOW....I do not need " guessing" ) how to "fix" this so anyone can read it on any monitor without scrollbars send me a PM
Thank you. That new-tab trick works. But I'd be wary of changing the browser's text size as it applies to all documents & websites.

Last edited by RightDeve; April 3rd, 2018 at 08:51 AM..
Old April 3rd, 2018, 09:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

Copy-pasted the game guide to my work computer with larger screen, and it shows perfectly well, large fonts and crisp illustrations.
Old April 3rd, 2018, 09:08 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightDeve View Post
Thank you. That new-tab trick works. But I'd be wary of changing the browser's text size as it applies to all documents & websites.

That's not a "new" trick..it's been in the guide for 3 years