This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old April 18th, 2003, 03:20 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Fyron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Replacement player needed for Adamant 009

I need a player to take over my empire for me in the PBW game Adamant 009. Here is the game description:

Note: When sending emails to me, please include the number of the game. I am running multiple Adamant games, and this will cause a little less confusion on my part. Thank you.

This will be a nice game using the latest Version of Fyron's Quadrant Mod Deluxe. No ship sets that appear in Sci-fi shows or movies (eg: Star Trek, Babylon 5, Star Wars, etc.) will be allowed. You must use either a stock shipset or a custom shipset that is not from Sci-fi.

Roleplay is not only encouraged, it is required. Please try to create an interesting empire from an RP perspective. If you feel like writing RP stories about events in this game, feel free to do so.

Since this is an RP game, no duplicate ship sets will be allowed. Before uploading your empire, please check the Shipsets thread in this game's forum to see if the ship set that you want to use is already taken. If not, post which one you will use and upload your empire. If you are using a stock ship set, please select it from the ship set list when you upload your .emp file. They are all labeled "Stock Shipset- Race Name." If you do not do this, I will have your empire removed so that you can re-upload it and select the ship set. If it is already being used, you must choose a new ship set. Any player that tries to use a shipset that is already being used will be kicked from the game before I upload the first turn. I hope this doesn't sound too harsh; I just don't want any duplicate empires.

You are not allowed to select the Ancient Race racial triat. This is becuase as this is an RP game, you should be able to rename planets without fear of being discovered. Also, this forces the map to be unknown to all, adding to the fun.

Stellar Manipulation will be disabled.

You may not communicate about in-game details with another player via any external media until you have met them in-game.

Also, please don't join unless you will be able to stay in the game for a long time. If your empire is about to die, don't quit the game, just stay in so the PBW server will mark your empire as dead instead of having an open spot for a dead empire.

Please use an email address that will both accept email from hotmail.com and will not constantly reach the size limit. You can go into your PBW settings (the clipboard) and select the option to not have the turn files emailed to you if the size of your mailbox is an issue. Thanks.

Surrender is disallowed. Therefore, gifting all of your planets, ships, etc. to another empire, which is an attempt to subvert this rule, is also disallowed. If you happen to see other players do this in the game, tell me, and I will investigate the situation. If this rule has been broken, I will upload an old turn to prevent it from happening, and I will consider kicking the offending players from the game.

If any player misses more than 4 turns in a row without any explanation, then I will kick him/her from the game. I have had problems with players in other games not sending any turns in for weeks, and I don't want it to happen here.

Please do not join this game if you plan on having a massive, pre-planned alliance (including, but not limited to, an alliance of 2 players). This game is not designed for that, and I would appreciate it if you do not ruin it for the rest of the players involved. If alliances happen to be started during the game, then that is not a problem.

I will start the game once, and only once, on a RANDOMLY GENERATED map. Some people will have good starting locations, some people will have bad ones. It is the luck of the draw. I will not restart it UNLESS someone starts with a homeworld that is not of Large size (or, if there is some other random unforseen error).

Thank you.
--- Due to restrictively low sig limits, you must visit this link to view the rest of my signature.
Old April 18th, 2003, 10:13 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Default Re: Replacement player needed for Adamant 009

I don't want to leave the game on hold for too long... someone must be interested...
--- Due to restrictively low sig limits, you must visit this link to view the rest of my signature.
Old April 22nd, 2003, 12:17 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Bump
Old April 22nd, 2003, 07:53 PM

Sergeant

Narrew is on a distinguished road

I would be interested if the slot is still open
Old April 22nd, 2003, 08:29 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Well, Narrew has filled the slot.