.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old September 6th, 2005, 07:19 AM

Corporal

spirokeat is on a distinguished road
Default Life Drain

Hey all,

I was wondering if any of you knows how lifedrain works ? Does it add directly to the recipients life and allow it to exceed its base value or does it merely heal existing damage ?

Also, is there a difference between the wraith blade and the hellswords life drain ? or are they both the same as the one on the standard of the Damned.

I searched the forums but didn't find anything so apologies in advance should this have already been answered somewhere.

Spirokeat
Old September 6th, 2005, 12:29 PM

Sergeant

sushiboat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Life Drain

There is a cap on HP of one-third above natural HP. The gain above natural HP is temporary and will decay over a couple of turns, unless the life drainer gets into another battle and does more life draining.

I believe that all life drain is the same. However, weapons with higher damage will drain more.
Old September 6th, 2005, 01:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

Vicious Love is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Life Drain

The Standard of the Damned casts the Drain Life spell, a ranged, 100 precision life draining attack with fixed damage. Since this attack is technically a spell, there's a chance it won't work when opponents are in melee range. Other lifedrain weapons perform life draining melee attacks, modified by strength and other enhancers such as Astral Weapon or Weapons of Sharpness. Big difference.

Also note that lifedrain doesn't just steal HP(I forget how much of the damage done is drained, and how high over your base HP you can go. Can't confirm the above number, though it seems to make sense), it also drains fatgue, making it incredibly useful against creatures that <i>just won't die</i>, and haven't got reinvigoration. Life drain weapons will still inflict fatigue damage on lifeless creatures, although no HP or fatigue will be transferred to the wielder.