Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Opponents Wanted
Notices

Old January 26th, 2006, 05:45 PM

Corporal

Cameronius is on a distinguished road
Default Opponent wanted

I will fight any army, any time, anywhere.
Old January 27th, 2006, 08:59 PM

BANNED USER

c_of_red is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Opponent wanted

I am out of DL slots, but If you have the CD, I would like to try a US-France advance vs Syrian delay, July 2006, Bekka Valley map, Vis between 15 and 20, shotgun v-flags (or none at all, if we can agree on objectives). 12K points and 6 air for the Franco-Americans. 6K for the Syrians. Mirrored game.
Slots 21 and 22 would be my preference, although that is not a requirement. All Realism settings on except fast arty. The Franco-American force should have an American A0, to get the US country training benifits. All dialed settings at default values. Reply here so I can authorise you to my spam-bot.
Old January 27th, 2006, 10:27 PM

Corporal

c_of_red
1. I do not have a CD, I shortcoming which I am sure to remedy shortly after winSPWW2 comes out.
B. What is a Mirrored game?
3. I am up for a challenge and would happily teach the American and French Imperialist dogs a lesson as the vaunted Syrian Army.
How do you wish to proceed?
Old January 28th, 2006, 02:00 AM

BANNED USER

c_of_red is on a distinguished road

A mirrored game is one that is played twice on the same map, with the same visibility, length, points, setting, etc. It is good to note the flag locations and place them in the same place for both maps. Then the players switch sides so each player plays the game once as each country. Ideally, the only difference is the players. It a mano-a-mano thingie. Plus it is a very good way to get ideas and learn new tactics. Seeing how someone else handles a particular tactical problem can be a real eye-opener.

I cannot at the moment. I asked about the CD because it has 250 secure (PBEM) slots. The DL only has 5. A mirrored game needs two slots so both turns can be played simultaneously. If one game is played, then the other, the second player can gain an advantage.
Right now my DL slots are full. I have tried double slotting (playing 2 current games in the same save slot) but the security routine threw a hissy fit and wouldn't load the game.
If you are mostly a WW2 player, then MBT will give you the blues at first. The drive around and party days of WW2 don't exist in the modern world, where you are in range anywhere on the map. If you don't understand terrain and know how to terrain drive, you will have problems attacking. That will leave you crouched somewhere you think is safe, shell shocked and waiting for the nightmare to end. I am upgrading a WW2 player at the blitz. He has over 300 recorded victories and is just now starting to feel comfortable with the differences. Remember in MBT a King Tiger is considered a light tank, only slower with a weak gun.
Old January 28th, 2006, 11:27 AM

Corporal

c_of_red
Do not worry, my modern tactics are up to speed. When you free up a couple of slots let me know and I would love to play in the mirrored fashion you describe.