.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old July 21st, 2007, 06:24 PM

Major General

Jazzepi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Flame Storm

I'm sorry, no I thought you were talking about Fire Storm!

This same issue comes up with Magic The Gathering. Every red burn spell in the world is like "Lava <something>" or "Fire <something>".

So I just got confused x.x Sorry about that. Sandman beat my *** in Midway with Fire Storm in one game.

Jazzepi
Old July 21st, 2007, 07:46 PM

Sergeant

OmikronWarrior is on a distinguished road

Oh yeah, EA's troops are better then other nation counterparts, I wasn't trying to claim otherwise. Problem is they are 20 gold(I think) and 26 resources at least. That translates to being outnumbered, a lot. Plus, they're still demons which means they are weak to certain spells.
Old July 21st, 2007, 07:51 PM

Major General

Jazzepi is on a distinguished road

Abysia's troops aren't demons. They have the Misbred troop which is a flying demon, but that's the only one, and they aren't a staple force. Generally just used to raid as mentioned by Sandman.

Jazzepi
Old July 22nd, 2007, 02:12 AM

Major

KissBlade is on a distinguished road

Micah pretty much got the idea on what's ideal for Abysia ea. I use the same scales except I take no growth and one misfortune only. Magic diversification was largely ignored by me, aside from the straying into construction for lanterns and dousing rods, I pump the majority into evocation for falling fires and fires from afar, and then go into pure blood. My early game consists of sacreds backed by heavy troops to eventually having indies take other indie provinces while my main army bulks up with summons and cap troops. You cannot play passive with EA Abysia for long, once you can get a comfortable blood economy going you have to go for the throat of a neighbor.

Also I should point out, if you can get the research fast enough for it, e9 blessed ethereal burning ones can take out almost any standard army early on.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 11:52 AM

Corporal

hako is on a distinguished road

Two words from me. I didn't play a lot with this nation, but it's got plenty to offer.
I hate bless strats - lame...

Myslef I like go blood and damn expensive but still deadly devils spamming through 'soul contracts' (each 65 blood slaves and 5F gems). Some imps summoning to get devils some support against massed armies & priests casting banishing. You can mix all of that with those national demonic flyers. This can work fine in larger games, with more provinces wich are harder to defend.
As a pretender - Blood Fountain, high dominion, great scales with no death, magic 3.

Smaller games I'd recommend salamandeders mixed with shieldless axe guys on your wings, trying to flank the enemy with speed 7 Middle field with shielded gus, cheap mage support with fireball (my favourite spell here).

Both kind of games, I'm allways searching for fire magic sites using spells - fire gems are pure gold wich is never too much.
I do not concentrate on fire summons, blood path provides them.
But going back to blood eco - this is the most difficult part... but you've got strong flyers to patrol and lots of gold to afford it.

Just two words from me, as I'm bored at work - I'll edit that as I'm back home, maybe with some more details and less chaos
Old July 25th, 2010, 12:29 AM

Captain

earcaraxe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EA Abysia - Looking for advice, and bread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
A prophet Slayer can reanimate undead.
really? why? nor demon nor undead.
Old July 28th, 2010, 01:22 PM

Corporal

ologm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EA Abysia - Looking for advice, and bread

I don't really bother with the troops with shields. Abysian troops have enough protection that arrows are not going to matter much, so I'd much rather have less encumbrance and higher damage than shields.

Misbreds are not demons even though they require undead leadership, which is rather annoying. As the only good early game way to lead them is with a rod of the leper king. They do make a good raiding force or archer killers with their heat aura.

Your burning ones are great, try to recruit a lot.

The charizards can be usefull if you are dealing with ethereal troops, else I wouldn't bother with them.

I would really try to expand in the early game alchemysing gems for troops and mercenaries.

Because your troops are so slow I try to rely on castles and province defense to stop raiding.

I spend the first few turns churning out slayers. Three slayers can take out a indy province a turn and make for a nasty surprise for enemy players.

Try to press your early game advantage. Most nations won't be capable of dealing with your troops backed up by some mages with fireballs.

Start bloodhunting early, you can only build blood hunters from your capital so you'll build up blood slow.

Trade for some earth boots to cast gnome lore.

You have a rather nice blood 4 hero so you might consider luck 3 which will also help with gold and magic diversity.

EA Abysia is really one dimensional. Try to diversify. Find indy mages, hire indy mercenary mages, empower if you need to.

Try to avoid researching thematurgy 3 as you get rage and all your mages will go crazy casting rage at a 26 mr non-fire immune lone sc while incenerate is also available.

Blind in alteration is one of your few ways for your fire mages of dealing with fire immune sc's.