.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old November 7th, 2011, 12:42 PM

Corporal

Minor Kitty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Introduce yourself!! :-)

Also my key is broken so I can't access servers with a letter in their name, too ba for ominions3 servers .
Old February 15th, 2012, 02:28 AM

Private

recon124 is on a distinguished road

Greetings!

I was introduced to this game from paulsoaresjr's youtube video about Conquest of Elysium 3, where he referenced this game. I have played it for less than a week now and am thoroughly addicted.

So, with that out of the way I will now continue my search for a multiplayer game. Fun fact, Conquest of Elysium 3 comes out on my birthday.
Old February 16th, 2012, 01:28 AM

Sergeant

Legendary League is on a distinguished road

Hello.

I use to be an avid player of Dom3 years ago, but I lost interest then. I've now recently gotten back into it again, and would like to start playing MP again.

Old March 5th, 2012, 12:41 PM

Private

Yurasis_Dragon is on a distinguished road

This is the first time I have ever posted on this forum. I have had this game for about 5 years and never played it. I just got around to doing it. It's terrific. I mean really terrific. I have only played about 3X (so I suck and don't know what I am doing)

I guess I must ask, does anyone play this game anymore?

Anyway, I have been messing with Marveni and have figured how to beat the computer with them. My understanding is that they suck.

Anyway, is their an MP against other noobs?
Old March 5th, 2012, 01:55 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Hi Yurasis_Dragon,

Yep, lots of people still play, in fact there still seems to be a steady stream of new players. Both the multiplayer and modding communities remain active.

If you go to the "Multiplayer and AARs" section you can see if there are any games starting up for new players. If there aren't I recommend setting one up yourself (there are a couple of stickies in that subforum on how to do this). Generally there are lots of new players waiting for someone to arrange a game, so if you set one up you're likely to get enough players pretty quickly.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old March 5th, 2012, 07:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

legowarrior is on a distinguished road

It seems the Conquest brought a few people our way. Cool.
Old March 5th, 2012, 08:08 PM

Sergeant

Shardphoenix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurasis_Dragon View Post
I guess I must ask, does anyone play this game anymore?
Yes, we do!

Quote:
Anyway, I have been messing with Marveni and have figured how to beat the computer with them. My understanding is that they suck.
Marverni are good at making GIANT FLAMING METEORS OF DEATH fall onto enemy heads. And you need to understand how astral magic (particulary communions) works. There are some guidesto help you with it.
Old March 6th, 2012, 10:24 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

I guess there are still plenty of people playing.
I know of at least 3 servers that are kept busy with lots of Dom3 games.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old March 15th, 2012, 03:16 AM

Private

Katie is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Introduce yourself!! :-)

Hola!

Well, I have an olde school mindset in everything in life. So it's no surprise that I like this game .

Roberta Williams said that computer games were for patient people, and it's why I liked them to begin with, they were so different from the arcade and console games. Of course today with computers being more wide spread, the games have changed too on a wide scale, and they now resemble console gameplay more than anything. So I was happy when I found the Dominions games .

I've been playing Dominions 3 for around nearly a year now. I really like the descriptions in the game, it gives way to my imagination. I like games like Betrayal at Krondor and Darklands. They provide good text and just enough graphics so you can use your imagination. I also like the graphics in Dominions 3, and that's no joke. My favourite graphics of all time is in Heroes of Might and Magic 2 for example, so something being shiny doesn't mean better for me.

I mostly played against the computer, but I also played a few games with friends. I haven't played multiplayer with the community at large yet, and I doubt I will. Maybe it's just bad luck, but whenever I play multiplayer in a game, it seems to be filled with jerks that cuss at you or say vile things. Or mayhaps I don't have the mindset for multiplayer with strangers on the internet. I'm not saying the multiplayer community in Dominions is bad, just my experience in every game I tried to play in.

It's a good game, I have lots of fun playing it . I generaly play not to min and max, or be the best, but to role play my side with barbaric romanticism, even if it's just against the A.I.

Katie, an olde fashioned mind in a young body
Old March 18th, 2012, 04:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

legowarrior is on a distinguished road

Well, I hope you do try mp sometime. It took me 3 years to do an MP game, and now I am regretting not getting on board earlier. One thing to remember is that people who are jerks usual get ganged up on early, so you don't have to deal with them as much.
Still, in MP games, diplomacy is key. “In war, resolution; in defeat, defiance; in victory, magnanimity” as churchill said.
The Following User Says Thank You to legowarrior For This Useful Post: