World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old July 11th, 2005, 06:58 AM

Private

Suurajatollah is on a distinguished road
Default A bug when assigning artillery?

Hi,

Sometimes when assigning an artillery mission, my mouse pointer changes to a crosshair finder for a fraction of a second when pointer is over some hex with no seen enemy unit. Even though my spotter do not see that particular hex. I suspect that this indicates that there is an enemy unit on that hex. That would be quite a spoiler. I'm not sure though.

Has anyone else noticed this happening?
Old July 11th, 2005, 08:55 AM

Captain

narwan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A bug when assigning artillery?

Yes, I have. It is also present in the dos versions (and in spww2). Not sure what it is though.
Old July 11th, 2005, 10:00 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

It's the game getting confused very briefly as to which cursor to use and it happens more frequently when you first enter the bombard menu. The longer you stay the less frequently you will see this.
It is NOT an indicator of an enemy presence. We've tested that theory out before but I did it again just to double check. I placed a company of tanks in one area of the map with a geological feature I could easily identify then tried targeting that area with the other sides arty and although I did see a couple of flashes to crosshairs while moving the cursor over that area I ALSO saw it happen when I moved the cursour around an area that I knew with 100% certaintly had NO ememy troops. It's a game quirk.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old July 11th, 2005, 03:20 PM

Corporal

Alby is on a distinguished road

Speaking of the mouse pointers and crosshairs
I switched out the Mouse.shp file for my own preference, but I still see the Big clock and Big crosshair?????
Is there another SHP file that has these in it too?
Lt. Col. William Barrett Travis- The Alamo-1836

Old July 11th, 2005, 08:38 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Alby said:
Speaking of the mouse pointers and crosshairs
I switched out the Mouse.shp file for my own preference, but I still see the Big clock and Big crosshair?????
Is there another SHP file that has these in it too?
I guess I should have double checked to removed that SHP file. I remember doing it once but it got back in somehow.

The new cursor, gunsight and clock use by the game are in
Game Data\Pictures\Interface and are .CUR files so you'll need a program that will alter .CUR graphics.
If you decide to change them be aware that some Windows systems WILL NOT display them correctly in the game UNLESS they are 2 colour.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old July 11th, 2005, 09:47 PM

Corporal

Alby is on a distinguished road

Hmmm
can you recommend a program
thanks Don
Lt. Col. William Barrett Travis- The Alamo-1836

Old July 12th, 2005, 11:47 AM

Sergeant

Listy is on a distinguished road

Arty Bug:

While palying a PBEM I was setting up a first turn bombardment. However I wanted to change the bombardments and when I came to cancel them (Still in the pre game Deployment section) I couldn't.

The specifics:
1986, Russia VS GB in a meeting engament, 45,000+ points. I belive it may be linked to Air drops. As it's a PBEM I can't save it seperatly, So I'll try to recreate it later in a normal game.

Another question/Bug in the pre-battle bombardment screen how come the only settings for bombardment delay are 0.4 or 1 turns? I can't arange it so it has a 0.5 delay and comes in at the end of my opponents first turn.
Old July 12th, 2005, 03:19 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Listy said:
Arty Bug:

While palying a PBEM I was setting up a first turn bombardment. However I wanted to change the bombardments and when I came to cancel them (Still in the pre game Deployment section) I couldn't.

The specifics:
1986, Russia VS GB in a meeting engament, 45,000+ points. I belive it may be linked to Air drops. As it's a PBEM I can't save it seperatly, So I'll try to recreate it later in a normal game.

When you can duplicate this in a normal game let us know

Quote:
Listy said:
Another question/Bug in the pre-battle bombardment screen how come the only settings for bombardment delay are 0.4 or 1 turns? I can't arange it so it has a 0.5 delay and comes in at the end of my opponents first turn.
Becasue that's the way it's coded and nobody ever complained about it before. Your the first one to my knowledge

Don

Old July 13th, 2005, 09:36 AM

Sergeant

Listy is on a distinguished road

LOL As I've said before I Like pushing the gmae to it's limits.

The reason why was that one of my PBEM opponents has a habbit of charginfg forward on turn one in helicopters and setting up ambushes with RPO armed troops, around the V-hexes. So I wanted to let him move forward as he normaly does then land a salvo of 203mm or other High HEK arty on likley landing spots.

The bug: so far I can't recreate it. I'll keep trying. It might have been becuase my PC was slow and there was alot of data, but that dosen't seem to fit.
Old July 16th, 2005, 03:06 PM

Private

loflyh is on a distinguished road

Fella's, I was under the impression, that when the pointer changed while calling arty, it meant the unit calling the arty had a direct line of sight to that hex, therefore any rounds landing in that hex would be more accurate (read more damaging), as opposed to rounds landing inside an un-observed hex. The change did not mean your unit could see an enemy unit in the hex, only that your unit could clearly see the hex itself, i.e. the most clearly visible terrain feature (s).