The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old January 2nd, 2015, 11:30 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Confused Display Issue

I have not been able to view the game in windowed mode nor full screen. I've searched about and can not find a solution. Here is how the game load appears:

I need help.

I'm running Windows 7 SP1 with DirectX 10. I have viewed the cammogame file. It is interesting that the option to launch in GDI or DirectX is grayed out on my copy.

I have tried a number of the available combinations to launch the game but nothing has worked.

Update

I have it loaded in 640 x 480 but, I can not drag or change to full screen.

Still need help.

Last edited by shahadi; January 3rd, 2015 at 12:03 AM..
Old January 3rd, 2015, 12:56 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Display Issue

There's a LONG list of things you could have told us you didn't like how you could have posted 240 times and this is the best the game could load...... or maybe it just started doing this....... but how would I know..... you don't say.

You don't say what resolution you were running to get this screen shot and the option to launch in GDI or DirectX should NEVER ( never, never.... ) be grayed out for any reason no matter if it's the free or the CD version so my advice is to rename your existing copy and re-install the game because it sure looks like you have a corrupted copy from where I sit.........OR....... you forgot you cannot use autohide with the game.......I can produce an almost identical screen shot as you did when I turn auto hide on.....perhaps it got turned on by mistake or you turned it on for another program and forgot the game won't run that way ? ........still there is no reason the option to launch in GDI or DirectX should ever be grayed out .

Don

Last edited by DRG; January 3rd, 2015 at 01:11 AM..
Old January 3rd, 2015, 01:25 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
Thumbs up Re: Display Issue

Auto hide is off. Game is on.

Screen/Window size 1024x768
Game mode Windowed
GDI is grayed out. I set this to DirectX in the CamoGame but it reverts back to greyed out GDI.

I'm glad I posted, I would not want to re-install, and I'm Don replied with a tip/hint/solution.
Old January 3rd, 2015, 05:43 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

You have a wide screen monitor.

You have the CD version.

The disabling of the GDI/Directx function is normal for Windows 7 to deal with the Aero palette problem, as mentioned somewhere in the "playing on Vista and seven " thread I think.

Your picture shows a highly stretched screen typical of the way some widescreen monitors will attempt to show old-fashioned 4:3 screen sizes. Especially if the end user has chosen a monitor resolution that is not the natural one for the screen - ie a smaller size the monitor then has to interpolate.

So use Desktop resolution to play in wide screen in Windowed mode.

Desktop resolution is the one that was introduced to deal with these new-fangled wide screen monitors several years ago.

Windowed mode and desktop resolution is the recommended way to play the game post Vista anyway - it is actually faster in screen updates than the obsolete full-screen 256 colour mode and some computers will "stutter" with screen updates as their video drivers cannot handle the "old fashioned" MSDOS 256 colour mode in any case. Plus you can still see the windows taskbar (for time incoming email alerts etc) - and the game then plays easily with other windows programmes you may have open.
Old January 3rd, 2015, 09:40 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

I'd forgotten the GDI/Directx function is disabled in win 7 . I went from XP to win8 so missed all the Vista / win7 "joy"

What I'd like to know is how this suddenly became an "issue" ?? Did you just recently switch to win 7 ?
Old January 3rd, 2015, 11:36 AM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
I'd forgotten the GDI/Directx function is disabled in win 7 . I went from XP to win8 so missed all the Vista / win7 "joy"

What I'd like to know is how this suddenly became an "issue" ?? Did you just recently switch to win 7 ?
I've been running WIN 7 SP1 for sometime now, but recently doing a lot of security checks I, my fault, switched to auto-hide of the taskbar. It is seemingly back now.

Thanks for you kind and prompt attention.