This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old June 27th, 2003, 09:52 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Re: STM "Final v1.7.5" Discussion

Actually Erax they were in more than one episode. Two that I can specifically recal. Balance of Terror, a brillant episode, and the one where they steal the Cloaking device.

The romulans will be based on the TNG era. All races currently have the cultural modifiers that Captain Kwok, (The real kwok) had listed on his web site.

Personaly I feel the romulans are scemers, but in many games they are protrayed as honorable. It is the Tal"Shiar that is not honorable.

And the Obsidian Order for the Cardassians was listed as the BEST intelligance organization in the quadrant. That is until the Dominion arrived.
Old June 27th, 2003, 10:22 PM

Captain

Erax is on a distinguished road

The old series Romulans were portrayed as honorable. Their social structure was based on the Roman Empire. In TNG they become schemers (perhaps to compensate for the fact that the TNG Klingons suddenly become honorable, which they were NOT in the old series).

About that cloaking device episode... are you sure ? Kirk, Spock and McCoy stealing the cloaking device from the Romulans ? I don't remember that.

[ June 27, 2003, 21:23: Message edited by: Chief Engineer Erax ]
Old June 27th, 2003, 10:27 PM

Private

openair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by General Woundwort:
My points - technological superiority and raw firepower do not automatically equate to better troops, or guaranteed victory. Innumerable other factors (elan and fighting experience) come into play.

Just ask Lord Chelmsford after Ishandlwana.
did i say automatically? i siad in a one on one fight... and how about ask iraq after the gulf war... not a single a1m2 abrhams was lost to enemy fire in that war... i think thats a pretty good case for supperior fire power and tech...
Old June 27th, 2003, 10:29 PM

Captain

ZeroAdunn is on a distinguished road

You bet they did. Never used it again, it was never even seen in the series again.
Old June 27th, 2003, 10:39 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

If you don't remember the episode that they did that in what will really fry your bacon is trying to figure out why the klingons look human in TOS yet in the DS( episode "Trial and Tribulation" Worf states when asked what is up, that it is something the Empire does not speak of.

I have a theory on this. The old Klingons needed to destabalize the Federation and the best way to do that was to assume a human appearence and harass other races thus making them think that the Humans were behind it.

After the Human look alikes played their mind games with new races, the true looking Klingons would come in and pretent to free the new race from the Human oppressors. Not knowing that this was a sceme the new race would turn down the Federations trade offers in favor of the Klingons.

A truly low thing to do, but an effective method of fostering mistrust of humans.

The Romulans were honorable in TOS, it was proven, in TNG they took on the role of the TOS Klingons who were not. This role reversal has been widely debated among Trek fans for years. The Klingons are not honorable, they are warriors by nature and are willing to be weasles to win.

The Romulans were a lot like the Vulcans except that they are very aggressive when they feel they have the upper hand.

--Crap I was just bitten by a brown spider!--
Old June 28th, 2003, 12:22 AM

Captain

Erax is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry to hear about the spider thing. If it's anything like the variety we have down here, kill it and take it with you to a place where you can get an antidote NOW.

The bite of the Brazilian brown spider doesn't hurt at first, but the next day the bite wound will look like a meteor impact crater.
Old June 28th, 2003, 12:41 AM

Major General

Jack Simth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief Engineer Erax:
About that cloaking device episode... are you sure ? Kirk, Spock and McCoy stealing the cloaking device from the Romulans ? I don't remember that.
I do - McCoy wasn't in on it until the Romulan commander called him over to asses Kirk's sanity.
Old June 28th, 2003, 12:47 AM

National Security Advisor

Captain Kwok is on a distinguished road

The episode was 'The Enterprise Incident'...

...I hate the whole Klingon forehead debate. Klingons were always intended to have the ridges - it just wasn't in the budget for the original series - even Gene Roddenberry said so himself.

I think the writers of DS9's 'Trials and Tribble-ations' added that Worf line just to drive nutcase Trekkie canon junkies crazier.

[ June 27, 2003, 23:47: Message edited by: Captain Kwok ]
Old June 28th, 2003, 01:08 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Kwok:
The episode was 'The Enterprise Incident'...

...I hate the whole Klingon forehead debate. Klingons were always intended to have the ridges - it just wasn't in the budget for the original series - even Gene Roddenberry said so himself.

I think the writers of DS9's 'Trials and Tribble-ations' added that Worf line just to drive nutcase Trekkie canon junkies crazier.
I hate the debate as well, so I formulated my theory and floated it around some Trek forums. Oh man did that ever stir the hornets nest.

I get enough flak from them about my star trek ships not being cannon and then I go and drop this enigma bomb in their laps.

Thank Erax, the spider is in a jar now, and the spot on my leg where the little bugger bit me is rather red and puffy. The Advise Nurse said to keep an eye on it and if it starts to show red lines coming away from it to call 911. The problem is I can not find the 11 button on my phone.

They are called Brown Reckloose up here, and they are very bad and ill tempored little ****s, yet highly intelligant. It is a shame that they are not as smart as the little black bastards I see running around my house all the time. Those multi-legged things are super smart cat bait.

[ June 28, 2003, 00:12: Message edited by: Atrocities ]
Old June 28th, 2003, 01:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

DeadZone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Atrocities:
An update:

I have gotten the Componets file organized. I have removed what needed to be removed, including the Quantum Reactor. I don't like it, and I did not want it in the mod.
Too rite. I dont believe it is needed, tell me, in Star Trek did u ever see a ship go forever without needin to get some sort of fresh supplies? Thought not