.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old June 27th, 2010, 06:04 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

GrudgeBringer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: David & Goliath - Running noob game

OK, have not heard from TC, Helheim (who is missing in action),and ULM.

WE have 2 that say if Helheim is gone the game is ruined (Niefl and Arco)

We also have one of them who is getting tired of the micro management and it looks like another Mega game to finish (Arco).

And last but not least we have 1 vote to continue (Tir).

I have set the game to extend for a week, if I can't find a sub for Helheim or we don't come to an agreement, I am pulling out and will try and find a sub for me.

If I don't hear from anyone else quickly I will count the votes as 2 against continuing and 1 for continuing.

It is up to you guys to check these forums and make your feelings known.
Old June 27th, 2010, 06:41 AM

Corporal

don_Pablo is on a distinguished road

Send them a message via Llamaserver interface.

I have an idea what to do. I'll post in a couple of hours.
Old June 27th, 2010, 11:08 AM

Corporal

One of my previous games crashed because of large battles and we had to abandon it. After that I found a way to finish a long game in act of chivalry.

One of players wishes for a Death Match.

Each pretender chooses a Beloved Champion and sends him to win a victory.

I suppose that the more strong your empire is - the more powerful your Champion will be (incl.gears, spells and so on.)

The only spell supposed to be forbidden is banish to Inferno/Cocyto.

So I suggest to declare the winner of that match as a winner of entire game.

It takes us 2 turns only to decide the game.
1st - wishing and sending in-game messages (those who is interested surely will react)
2nd - enjoing the duels and congratulating the winner.

Opinions?
Old June 27th, 2010, 12:39 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

As far as winning the game that way is fine....going into the winners HOF that way is not.

That is a list that should not be decided by 1 battle. We have had 100 turns to find a winner and next turn (if we have one there are a number of suprises from what I understand that will tilt the game back to a even position).

Everyone left in this game should be very proud of themselves for going thru all the player changes, rollbacks, delays, and general problrms that we had. This wasn't a Mega-game, I think we had 12 players in it and we still have 6 left. And don't count Ulm out...he has been sitting there untouched, building away and is a VERY good player.

I personally could care less about winning this game. It has been fun interacting with all of you and getting to do some things I have never done before (both prety neat and pretty dumb!!)

But I don't have it in me to spend 8 hours a turn micro managing it with my wife sick and possibly VERY sick (tests this week...results in 2weeks), but that is real life and we all have to go thru it.

I am only speaking for me and you may feel you have an overwhelming position...but I have been in games that someone has an overwhelming position and this isn't one of them...yet.

Go ahead and advertise for players if you want, I have sent a message to Ulm and Helheim and got Niefls response and feeling on it...since TC is your ally I asked you to PM him and have him post. We have a week, and then we will see what we want to do.
Old June 28th, 2010, 06:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

Sensori is on a distinguished road

Well, as far as I'm concerned, if Helheim actually just keeps staling, the game IS ruined. It'd be the equivalent of a free meal for its neighbors, and that sucks. Helheim was, and still is, a major player in the game.

And I agree that if we were to do a silly Death Match kind of thing to decide a winner, it shouldn't be a grounds for getting into HoF.
Old June 28th, 2010, 09:40 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Ossa (Helheim) Pm'd me today and apologized for not being diligent on his turns and the reason why.

It seems work has taken over his life almost 100%. He also asked me to remember (which I had forgotton) that he was a sub and tried to take a nation with a strong Early and mid game build but a pretty bad late game build and run with it.

He also is being run over by micromanagement and is of the opinion that if there is no clear winner by turn 100 then there is no reason to go another 50 turns to MAYBE find a clear winner.

He has asked that he be allowed to retire from the game, and is trying to find a sub. He doesn't believe anyone is going to want to take over the nation at this stage of a heavy investment of time but he will try.

Gentlemen, that leaves everyone accounted for except TC for an opinion.

I see it this way...If he doesn't find a competent sub for Helheim I believe the game will have become unbalanced and it seems the consensus (Niefl, Arco, Ulm, Helheim) that we abandon the game due to exhaustion. even if TC votes to continue (and I have not heard from him either)Then it is 4 to 2 in favor of letting the game die an honorable death.

I want to thank Ossa for taking over Helheim when he did or we would not have got this far.

Don_Pablo for also subbing and doing a FANTASTIC job and a player to look out for.

Agusti for his masterful play at TC and another up and comer.

Xanatos for never wavering in our alliance and taking all the lumps and setbacks he did without complaining and making his nation a viable contender.

Sensori, the quiet one....who just stayed below the radar and continued the game. Who I also believe just a might more powerful than he puts on.

Thank you all, and I hope we will square off agian. I know I enjoyed it and as I said, I got to do some things (good and bad) that I have always wanted to try. Next turn was going to be a strange one I admit. Best leave it there.

If we don't get a sub for Helheim (and I will be seeking one for me also) and in the absence of a strong argument that will sway the others, I will kill the game Monday, until them it is on hold.
Old July 1st, 2010, 10:43 PM

Corporal

Well,
If all of the rest players are tired there's no sense to look for subs.

I'll send this turn just to see what surprises GB means.
I suppose that to be the last turn.
Old July 1st, 2010, 11:01 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Don_Pablo

I had cast Utterdark (which wouldn't affect you as much as it would nullify TC) and was getting ready to cast Burden of time in 3 turns.

After that I was casting armegeddens every turn to get rid of your mages and any clams you had on them.

We where prepared for that.

Maybe it wouldn't do anything to you but it woul dhave been fun to see if it did.

No sense turning in the turn, now that you said you agree I will just hit kill on Monday, you will get a notice.

Sorry, this is the second game that has gone 100 turns I have been in that no one was wat ahead and we had to kill the other one also. Guess there are just to many equal players around!!
Old July 5th, 2010, 10:25 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

A HEARTY Thank you to all of us for playing, subbing, being steadfast to your word and alliances and hard fighting for all of us.

There are no losers in this game, and I think we all got a little better, and met some very nice people and good players.

I look forward to playing with all of you agian and hope each and every one of you feel the same.

I am killing this game right at 7 months after its inception.

No quitters in this group!!

Good luck to all