.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old March 11th, 2017, 11:52 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Height Maps

Yep - doh!
Old March 13th, 2017, 03:49 AM

Sergeant

dmnt is on a distinguished road

I could also try and see if the generated map could come with the text fields for those hexes. However, I'm not that keen to jump in the binary format without documentation.

I'll try to add the satellite view this week as well as the "donate now" button where people can chip in - but it's not expected, just appreciated. The paypal account is in the name of a dotcom ltd (of which I own part of the shares) where my personal site resides as well, so don't get confused about the recipient of the donation. I have already signed up for billing, but not expecting anything major from there.

Don: The server should be heavy duty enough to cope with the map makers (it's already hosting a fairly popular site), so adding a link to the game manual is not a problem.
Old March 13th, 2017, 08:11 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,389 Times in 2,686 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnt View Post
Don: The server should be heavy duty enough to cope with the map makers (it's already hosting a fairly popular site), so adding a link to the game manual is not a problem.
It's too late for this year but next year I will. At the beginning, I recall there were traffic restrictions and I didn't want to post a link and see it get swamped with people curious about it, but I think now there just isn't the flood of game map makers I thought there might be.

Don
Old March 16th, 2017, 02:53 AM

Sergeant

dmnt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
It's too late for this year but next year I will. At the beginning, I recall there were traffic restrictions and I didn't want to post a link and see it get swamped with people curious about it, but I think now there just isn't the flood of game map makers I thought there might be.
Thanks! You are absolutely correct that I requested people not to flood the map creating system as at the time the API access was restricted (limited to free account restrictions) and the implementation was more CPU intensive than the current approach and I didn't want any negative effect for the main site from this hobby of mine. Anyway now it should be able to handle the traffic from the general public.
Old May 1st, 2018, 07:23 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Another far simpler way to "reveal" the contours on a freshly generated Vehola is to use the new "Strip map" feature of the extended map editor.....it reveals the contours with one control.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old July 11th, 2018, 04:58 PM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road

I really like this function, however, would it be possible to implement the ability of changing the size of the generated maps?
Old January 31st, 2020, 04:19 AM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road

Is it just me or is the venhola site bugged lately? Several tiles don't load for me anymore at certain zoom levels.
Old January 31st, 2020, 08:52 AM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road

There is something wrong with the venhola site.

It does work (mostly) but the first page does not load (its white), you can change the map imagery to show the satellite view to see the two graphic features and change the hex grid colors and most importantly you can download the generated maps and open them in WW2/MBT and use them.

Its just the first page the road and basic terrain page (which is extremely useful) that is broken or bugged.

Not sure who maintains or created this wonderful tool and its a shame that it seems to be no longer supported or maintained.

Hope the original author is okay health wise and will one day fix this.
Old January 31st, 2020, 10:02 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I sent Tuomas a PM when this issue was first observed but I have not heard back from him.

For now, best practice is to enter co-ordinated then when the white screen loads press M then you will see the C (combined) or S satellite view and you can move the map to where you want it. I find that once in the satellite view it's still quite useable BUT........ you will probably have to zoom the map all the way out before it will "catch" and then you can zoom in to where you have centred it so if you press + to centre the grid the screen may go white again........if it does keep zooming out until the map re-appears then zoom back in.......it can be a PITA but with practice, it gets less so.

Just know that you may have to really spin the wheel on your mouse to get the " full out" view before the map re-appears OR....sometimes all you need to do is keep pressing the M-C-S button to get things back. The "secret" right now is to get into the Satelite map to really see where you are

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; January 31st, 2020 at 10:23 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old January 31st, 2020, 12:03 PM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road

I hope that Tuomas is okay and just busy with life.

Life just too short, I have lost three last year.