.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old July 25th, 2004, 07:35 PM

Lieutenant General

Boron is on a distinguished road
Default Re: siege tax question

Quote:
Originally posted by Arryn:
All very good points, Boron. And such tactics tend to be more useful against human opponents, who are more aggresive than the AI, and thus need to be slapped as hard as you can as often as you can.
thnx
yeah it is more useful against humans . the advantage against humans is that they make unreasonable decisions then hopefully
and you have to split your forces a fair bit and keep garrisons at home to defend key provinces .
in lategame things are different of course .
1-2 ghost riders will defeat most stealth armies and if you make them bigger they are more likely discovered . but flyers , mainly abysia devil armies and caelum flying armies are very hard to defend against .

but once the ai is bigger it can work sometimes too because they have most of their troops on their borders too
raiding is especially evil against on the one hand races with total crappy pd and on the other hand with races who don't have the watchtower or mausoleum for castling strat .
you get hopefully their temple + pd destroyed and through pillageing give them more and more trouble while moving on.
esp. pangenea and caelum are evil at that .
they both have flying scouts and caelum can fly behind the lines while pangenea can sneak around .

Quote:
Originally posted by Cainehill:
quote:
Originally posted by Boron:
i myself can't afford to guard every border very well with most nations until lategame .
so concentrating your main forces on one - two enemies while delaying and disturbing the opponent with relative weak forces is nice too .
Heh. I don't know about all humans - but if someone is doing raids on my provinces, they're likely to have another war on their hands.

Or possibly you mean when you're already in conflict with multiple people, concentrating on one while harassing the other to slow them down?

depends . when you are already in conflict it is of course to slow the others down and attack the in my eyes mightiest with almost maximum forces .

it is more likely that you do this with you as defender but in some cases it could be a good preventive measure . you can do extremely serious harm to heavy blood nations especially abysia and mictlan .
if you neigbor them early on and your negotiations don't go to well and you recognize that he will be most likely your enemy soon it can be devastating .

is there a nation which has stealth preachers , spies and good stealth troops ?

[ July 25, 2004, 18:44: Message edited by: Boron ]