World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old November 29th, 2018, 08:00 AM

Corporal

gingertanker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: IDF OOB project.

Unit 090 White Armored Car.

These were manufactured/restored/converted based mostly on M3 scout cars. At the peak the fleet included 40 of these, which is quite a large number in 1948 IDF terms.
The early versions were available as early as 5/48. They were armed with MG34s only. Later, in October 48, they started arming them with cannons. The first were armed with the cannons of H-39 tanks which were found mechanically serviceable and so the guns were reused for the armored cars. others were armed with 2pdr captured guns.

I suggest splitting into 2 units:
Unit 090 should have the 37mm replaced With an MG34. Start date changed to 5/48.

A new unit identical to the current 090 but with weapon 080 37mm SA37 M.39 or weapon 240 2pdr gun. The 2pdr was probably more common but the 37mm is more historically interesting. should be created with start date 10/48.
Old November 29th, 2018, 08:11 AM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
Amit,
Just got home from a lovely cold 12+ shift, and I see you haven't wasted anytime! So I was saving this until I could start "knocking out" the APC Thread issues, but no time like the present...
Israel UNIT 071 EITAN showing fully operational/accepted status entry date as 01/2018, but I came across the following ref that indicates it didn't go into operational testing and evaluation until April this year and now I quote the article dated May 22nd 2018...
"Last April, drivers from the 50th Battalion underwent intensive training with the APC. They spent a week in operational driving conditions and brought the Eitan to a battalion-wide training exercise.

So two things pop into my mind, it's not been fully accepted into the IDF and by definition, not in full production pending acceptance into the IDF.

I have not seen anything from reliable sources that the IDF to this point has accepted it. I know the IDF can move fast once this has been done. My guess is they are on the "cusp" to do so. Based on this my thinking is 06/2019 or 10/2019 would be a better date(s).
http://www.armyrecognition.com/may_2...nse_force.html

Your thoughts please.

Since this is a date issue as well UK AJAX UNIT 602 is in the same situation with entry date 06/2017. My ref. dated 15 JUN 2018 is indicating it's still in OP EVAL status with units not reaching the field until "...early 2019...", so my thinking having more info on the AJAX is that 06/2019 might be a better entry date.
https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com...ntracts-01130/

As some know, I've been posting on all things FRES since it started. That being said and having used it in my long campaigns (17-29 battles), I have to say the AJAX as in the game plays as I would expect it to perform in the "real world" based on all the data I've been able to collect on it over the years. WELL DONE Don!!

Well I need to "hit the rack" so I can have more such fun later to day into tomorrow morning, as I just experienced!?

Have a good day everyone!!

Regards,
Pat
On the cusp seems an apt description for both Eitan, 30mm Eitan and 30mm Namer. The latter 2 for sure. Eitan may be operational, but if it is it just happened.
Old November 29th, 2018, 08:13 AM

Corporal

Frankly I am shocked that the 30mm versions are happening.
Old November 29th, 2018, 10:53 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,425 Times in 2,696 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingertanker View Post
Unit 090 White Armored Car.

These were manufactured/restored/converted based mostly on M3 scout cars. At the peak the fleet included 40 of these, which is quite a large number in 1948 IDF terms.
The early versions were available as early as 5/48. They were armed with MG34s only. Later, in October 48, they started arming them with cannons. The first were armed with the cannons of H-39 tanks which were found mechanically serviceable and so the guns were reused for the armored cars. others were armed with 2pdr captured guns.

I suggest splitting into 2 units:
Unit 090 should have the 37mm replaced With an MG34. Start date changed to 5/48.

A new unit identical to the current 090 but with weapon 080 37mm SA37 M.39 or weapon 240 2pdr gun. The 2pdr was probably more common but the 37mm is more historically interesting. should be created with start date 10/48.
I'll be changing that but a little differently...the existing unit will get the SA37 and the new unit will be MG only

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old November 29th, 2018, 01:34 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:

Unit 097 should have a new icon, to reflect the image you shared. I can send you further images if needed. Vision should probably be 50 like the Merkava Mk 4M. I would remove the SPIKE which is not in the images we currently have.
I found a much better photo of it undergoing trials but methinks the name needs to change as well....that is more than "just" a "RWS" that's a IFV..do you know if it has the same carry capacity ?

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old November 29th, 2018, 01:57 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Ofek heavy command vehicle (which we will need to deal with down the line)
Close enough ?

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/ofek-...arrier.416398/

The question is how far back the superstructure goes and if its square or hexagonal that is not really clear in the photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ofek.png
Views:	156
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	15614  

Last edited by DRG; November 29th, 2018 at 03:15 PM..
Old November 29th, 2018, 04:44 PM

Corporal

Okay so let's get all these older Armored Cars out of the way.

Unit 091 "GMC A/Car"
This is somewhat confusing but as far as I can tell from various forums as well as a book about IDF ordnance in the early years, these were GM Canada made Otter Light Reconnaissance Cars that were used by the British Police in the Mandate of Palestine. ~10 of these were stolen in various and hilarious ways (Imagine getting off your A/Car to get a pack of smokes and the Hagana steals the thing before you get back).
I have 2 images of the modified Otters in IDF service, both have machine guns only and no guns. Both have a M1919 in the turret, and the hull gun on one is an MG34 while the other has a second M1919 in the hull. The M1919 was quite rare in 1948, the MG34 was far more common. I suggest therefor:
Change unit 091 name to "Otter A/Car". Replace weapon in slot one to MG34. Remove the weapon from slot 3 entirely. Change start date to 5/48.

Unit 092 Humber Mk II is okay, there were some other variants but they are not really that different to the other A/C in the OOB. Do you wish me to specify or should we live this alone?

Unit 093 "Marmon-Herr IVF" as with 092 this is fine, however there was also a turretless version captured and used. Not sure if worth the trouble.

Unit 095The Panhard had a very short career in the IDF. Yes, even shorter then depicted in the OOB. They were only purchased in 1966, for Duchifat - an airborne recce/AT unit. The idea was to use them as AT support/armor for the paratroopers. But they were too heavy when combat ready to be used well by IAF transports of the time. They were used in 1967 and in 1968 and took horrible casualties. Hence they were removed from service. I suggest:
Unit 095: change start date to 1/67 and end date to 12/68
Old November 29th, 2018, 06:02 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

We'll leave 92 and 93 alone the rest is now done

Old November 29th, 2018, 06:13 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Heavy Metal on the move...

edit....forgot one the first time. There may be further adjustment before release. I'm not entirely happy with the Namer 30mm turret
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	road2.png
Views:	151
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	15616  

Last edited by DRG; November 29th, 2018 at 06:49 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old November 29th, 2018, 06:54 PM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Heavy Metal on the move...

edit....forgot one the first time. There may be further adjustment before release. I'm not entirely happy with the Namer 30mm turret
loving the "colours" you are managing to create with the limited palette!

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
The Following User Says Thank You to scorpio_rocks For This Useful Post: