Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old March 25th, 2015, 08:49 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road
Disk Consolidated Bomber Pack

It's been a long time since we had an icon pack release.

I miss Plasmakrab and Oragus.

I've been working on and off on these icons; they were sitting on my hard drive for a long time, until I got around to finishing them up.

Bits and pieces are based off various SPCAMO icons -- if you look closely, you can see B-17/25 etc bobs there and here.

Row 1: This row represents B-24 to B-24G models with no nose turrets in very early war (Tan/Desert) colors for Mediterranean operations and a standard mid-war (olive drab) livery. A bonus blue one represents early model PB4Y-1s.

Row 2: This row represents the B-24G-1 to B-24M models with a nose turret in mid war (Olive Drab) and late war (unpainted) roles; along with a bonus one representing late model PB4Y-1s.

Row 3: This row represents the B-24N model which would have been built en-masse at Willow Run in 1945 if Germany had not surrendered.
Following V-E Day, due to the enormous surplus of B-24s in stockpiles due to much lower than predicted casualty rates in Europe; production of the entire 5,168 aircraft run of B-24Ns was cancelled. Comes in Olive Drab/Unpainted colors.

Bonus blue icon represents the PB4Y-2 Privateer.

Row 4: This is my attempt at depicting the B-32 Dominator, Consolidated's attempt at a VHB, one is with a slightly fat fuselage and one is with a thinner fuselage. Heavy use of SPCAMO B-29 parts, particularly the engines.

Two bomb groups would have been equipped with B-32s in the Pacific if the war had continued -- one group had already begun receiving B-32s and had carried out combat missions with it.

The B-32 was surprisingly manouverable due to it having reversible props, allowing it to operate at certain gross weights from medium bomber airfields with a very heavy bomber payload; and in the plans for OPERATION OLYMPIC; B-32 engines were to have been unloaded into Kyushu for B-32s to be forward based in Kyushu following the invasion.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Consolidated_Bomber_Pack_v1.zip (13.2 KB, 146 views)