BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old March 30th, 2017, 06:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: winSPMBT V11 upgrade for 2017

As per opfire on turn with an '87-88 Sovs vs Nato campaign after three meeting engagements it's hardly noticeable. Can't remember if it was triggered at all, except maybe when the AI turned. Suppose an assault is the true test, since you're bound to be looking in all directions to make sure you haven't bypassed enemy looking for a flank shot on one of your tanks, especially one of them super-duper mine-clearing behemoths!
Old March 30th, 2017, 08:48 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,389 Times in 2,686 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Initially, it was too sensitive and we dialed it back.... I didn't see how anyone would think a very slight change in infantry facing would trigger opfire reaction from units 500m away which is what was happening at first....you couldn't do anything without getting a reaction so it was subdued a bit....add in smoke etc and now you have to be close to trigger reaction for movement.

It wasn't intended to be a game changer mainly to trigger opfire on tanks turning hull or turret..infantry changing facing was a byproduct and the visibility setting for the battle has an effect on it as well

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 30th, 2017, 09:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Initially, it was too sensitive and we dialed it back.... I didn't see how anyone would think a very slight change in infantry facing would trigger opfire reaction from units 500m away which is what was happening at first....you couldn't do anything without getting a reaction so it was subdued a bit....add in smoke etc and now you have to be close to trigger reaction for movement.

It wasn't intended to be a game changer mainly to trigger opfire on tanks turning hull or turret..infantry changing facing was a byproduct and the visibility setting for the battle has an effect on it as well
Is there any chance to have different reactions if the type of the unit turning is different (eg. infantry being much harder to trigger OF than tanks)? Or the code of the game does not allow such differentiations?
Old March 30th, 2017, 09:58 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: winSPMBT V11 upgrade for 2017

Well, that's the way it should be working....tanks turning hull and turret should be generating a more active reaction based on unit size but remember that battle conditions, like smoke and enemy experience, morale and suppression all factor in

EDIT

I just double checked with a campaign I'm running/testing in winSPWW2. changing hull position for a HT generated an OPfire response from a tank 3 hexes away ( through trees...... ) but a change in facing for the infantry in the same hex did not so it's working the way we expected it to from my POV

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; March 30th, 2017 at 10:22 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 30th, 2017, 09:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road

Very good; infantry is harder to spot after all. The present configuration seems A-OK. Initial apprehensions concerning unintended consequences have since evaporated. Great work guys!

Last edited by jivemi; March 30th, 2017 at 09:59 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to jivemi For This Useful Post:
Old March 31st, 2017, 08:07 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

There is now a revised ver 11.01 of the patch posted to DL. The explanation is in the first post of this thread.

Don

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 10th, 2017, 05:58 PM

Sergeant

Dion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
How the hell do you download this? I was able to download each update for the entire existence of the game, now I can't. I'm able to do less and less each year. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to single out Shrapnel Games, generally it's the whole computer industry. It's like you have to be a certain class to use the personal confuser (I mean PC) nowadays, and it's getting worse and worse, and if I might add ... pretty ridiculous. I bet it's a 3rd party internet program like Winzip, or some stupid error on my part, like a bad connection or something. Either-way, I'll figure it out (well I hope). I just hope I don't have to spend a whole bunch of money in the process.
I have NO IDEA what the problem seems to be but it's at your end or everyone would be complaining. I click on the link, wait a few seconds and it starts to DL and ( for me ) about 45 seconds later it's on my HDD. I use Chrome, Internet explorer works slightly different but the end result is the same
I got it to work. I simply used someone else's computer to download it to my flash drive and then downloaded it to my computer at home. Good update!

Last edited by Dion; April 10th, 2017 at 06:12 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Dion For This Useful Post:
Old August 20th, 2017, 02:47 PM

Sergeant

dmnt is on a distinguished road
Bug Re: winSPMBT V11.01 upgrade for 2017

Quote:
* CD / extended version holders will now get a warning message if they try to enter a building hex with a vehicle. You are now asked to confirm that you really want to do that. This is to stop you from inadvertently immobilising yourself as most cases involving building entry with vehicles is the result of a too long movement call through an urban built up area. The feature will also display on rough+slope combinations if you have travelled 3 or more hexes and thus are in danger of sticking. It's just a "friendly reminder."
I found a small bug (well, unwanted feature perhaps) with the rough+slope code: if there is a road that goes thru that hex then the warning should not appear.

How to reproduce: create a map with a rough slope hex and add a secondary road thru that hex. The game will then ask for confirmation even though the road prevents the vehicle from losing mobility.
Old August 20th, 2017, 03:02 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: winSPMBT V11.01 upgrade for 2017

[quote=dmnt;839440]
Quote:
I found a small bug (well, unwanted feature perhaps) with the rough+slope code: if there is a road that goes thru that hex then the warning should not appear.

How to reproduce: create a map with a rough slope hex and add a secondary road thru that hex. The game will then ask for confirmation even though the road prevents the vehicle from losing mobility.
Run into this one myself.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old August 20th, 2017, 04:48 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: winSPMBT V11.01 upgrade for 2017

[quote=Suhiir;839441]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnt View Post
Quote:

Run into this one myself.
And I've fixed it already a couple of weeks ago. Will be in for the next release.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: