Notices

Old February 10th, 2010, 10:05 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,425 Times in 2,696 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: winSPWW2 v4.0 -- 3 CORRECTED OOBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Walrus View Post

Please take this seriously, it's not due to negligence on my, or our players, behalf.
Given you have been a playtester IDK HOW you could even SUGGEST we don't take things like this "seriously" Give me a break

Quote:
I have also run a test with a long time PBEM player. We have both v4.0 and v4.0+OOB fix installed.
I started both battles, made it to P1 T1 with no error...but just got the files back from Vesku and he is saying that both games are showing this message
player one obat has changed
just to be clear. You have one game going with stock v4.0 OOB and another entirley different install of the game with the three altered OOB's

Correct ??

What you don't tell me is which nations you are playing with for this test game ( yes it's relevant ) and you don't tell me if both you and your test opponent have installed the corrected OOB's into the default OOB folder as well as the main OOB folder.

I also don't know if the bulk of these reports started before or after the OOB fix was released and given the fix and the patch were close together the possibility of one side or the other not having upgraded their game before starting a PBEM is high.

So far what I have is one confirmed report that two stock ver4 OOB games are working OK without a problem and no reports on this forum of any unusual PBEM problems.

Don
Old February 10th, 2010, 11:28 AM

Sergeant

Sgt_Walrus is on a distinguished road

Hi Don

just to be clear. You have one game going with stock v4.0 OOB and another entirley different install of the game with the three altered OOB's

Yes, for the test files I sent you, exactly.

What you don't tell me is which nations you are playing with for this test game ( yes it's relevant ) and you don't tell me if both you and your test opponent have installed the corrected OOB's into the default OOB folder as well as the main OOB folder.

Scen 000 Test Scenario, Sept '43. P1 Germany, P2 Russia. I am P1.
As far as I am aware, my opponent has installed exactly the two versions that I have installed. We were using v4.0 for one test, and v4.0+OOB fix for the other. That was the point of the test.

I also don't know if the bulk of these reports started before or after the OOB fix was released and given the fix and the patch were close together the possibility of one side or the other not having upgraded their game before starting a PBEM is high.

All the reports of obat error messages started getting to my attention after the v4.0 patch release and during the release of the OOB fix.
I was away on tour as the OOB fix was released and wasn't aware of it until my return. At the same time I became aware of the OOB fix, I started hearing of Obat error messages...thus my initial confusion as to what was causing the problem, the initial patch up , or the following OOB fix.

I am running a tournament at the Blitz. The first round was in v3.0 (no obat error messages), the next three rounds were in v3.5 (no obat error messages). I instructed all the players to use the v4.0 patch and the OOB fix before the most recent round. Most of them are experienced PBEM players and experienced with patching up your games. (quite a few obat error messages). I cannot be %100 sure that every one has patched up and also used the OOB fix...however I do find it strange that suddenly I am hearing about the same issue only after the v4.0 release. The common ground seems to be the v4.0 patch, not the OOB fix.

The recent tests that I tried have been carefully done in v4.0 both with and without the OOB fix. Same result. 'Obat error P1'

So far what I have is one confirmed report that two stock ver4 OOB games are working OK without a problem and no reports on this forum of any unusual PBEM problems.

I would have to disagree.
I have reported to this forum that I have personally had error message when there should have been none, both in stock v4.0 game and also v4.0+OOB fix, and that i have also had other reports of the same nature.
All from experienced SP PBEM players, and by experienced, I means years of experience.

I have provided you with all the evidence that I have at my disposal. I am also trying some test with another player with me as P2.
I will post that information as soon as I have it.

Given you have been a playtester IDK HOW you could even SUGGEST we don't take things like this "seriously" Give me a break

This is why I said that.
From you previous post...

Now that everyone is aware there can be conflict I would suggest a notice be posted informing people there have been corrected OOB's posted , with a link to the files, and that players are responsible for letting their opponents know if they have installed it or not.

I know how hard you guys work...do you seriously think I would have bothered posting this info here without having done everything I could to have averted any issue with these patches and fixes? As you know, I have been PBEMing SP CAMO games at the Blitz for a long time (nine years FYI)...dealing with patch up etc is not exactly a new thing for the guys there.

There is something up with the new patch.
I am just trying to help find out what it is.

What other info would help?
If you wish to send a game file to me, or get me to send one to you...let me know.
What version, what save slot etc.
No worries...just trying to help.

Regards
jason

Last edited by Sgt_Walrus; February 10th, 2010 at 11:49 AM..
Old February 10th, 2010, 11:40 AM

Sergeant

Hi
Just got a file back from a different player.

V4.0+OOB fix.
I am player 2 (ANZAC)
The first obat error message arrived as I opened my T1.

Sorry, I do not know which nation or year my opponent was. I am trying to find out now.
My p/w=axel
His p/w=adam

Here is the file for me to begin T1.

Cheers
jason
Attached Files
File Type: zip Testgame_4.0_with_OOB_fix_t1.zip (115.8 KB, 219 views)
Old February 10th, 2010, 11:46 AM

Sergeant

Hi
Perhaps I can preempt some other questions.

I have not changed anything about my computer hardware, nor general software between v3.5 and v4.0.

I patched up in exactly the same way I have successfully patched up ever other patch you have released. Exactly.

I have one game going in v4.0 which has shown no error messages.
I have had error message since then using that same install.

I have a second install of v4.0 that has the OOB fix.
It has shown obat error for each game I have tested on it. Two different players so far.

Cheers
Jason
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:19 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,425 Times in 2,696 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

I am pre-occupied with modern tank gun penetration data ATM but Andy will be looking into this.

When I said we have not been getting reports of problems I mean a LOT of reports. One or two people having problems right after a release is normal. Getting ten or twenty people chiming in saying that's what's happening to them as well is not normal and we haven't had a flood of persistant complaints about this

Don
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:39 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi
Perhaps I can preempt some other questions.

I have not changed anything about my computer hardware, nor general software between v3.5 and v4.0.

I patched up in exactly the same way I have successfully patched up ever other patch you have released. Exactly.

I have one game going in v4.0 which has shown no error messages.
I have had error message since then using that same install.

I have a second install of v4.0 that has the OOB fix.
It has shown obat error for each game I have tested on it. Two different players so far.

Cheers
Jason
I'd like a copy of the actual OOBS that you both are using for the testing. That should rule out whether or not someone has a different set. (Plus allied OOBs if someone bought foreign troops).

Also - a note of the game version number as shown on the main screen for each player. (It is at the centre of the bottom of the screen).

cheers
Andy
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:52 PM

I have just tried that save game - which gave a player 1 OOB problem.

As a test, I set up ANZAC v Japan in 42 and tried a left hand v right hand PBEM, and with no problems.

Therefore I am tending to lean towards an OOB mismatch in this case as a first guess.

Cheers
Andy
Old February 10th, 2010, 02:22 PM

Private

2ndLt_Fjun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_walrus
Sorry, I do not know which nation or year my opponent was. I am trying to find out now.
My p/w=axel
His p/w=adam
That would be Sweden vs. Anzac in 1944.

And it's interesting if it's an OOB mismatch. Never touched my OOB's except for patching to the different versions (checked and it said 4.0) and then installing the new 3 Ob's in the folder.
Attached Files
File Type: zip OOBs.zip (1.33 MB, 159 views)

Last edited by 2ndLt_Fjun; February 10th, 2010 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: OOB files attached
Old February 10th, 2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndLt_Fjun View Post
Quote:
My p/w=axel
His p/w=adam

And it's interesting if it's an OOB mismatch. Never touched my OOB's except for patching to the different versions (checked and it said 4.0) and then installing the new 3 Ob's in the folder.
Did you patch the game and install OBs before you started the new game, not during the game & thus nuking the secure PBEM?

Andy
Old February 10th, 2010, 05:23 PM

Private

2ndLt_Fjun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndLt_Fjun View Post
Quote:
My p/w=axel
His p/w=adam

Did you patch the game and install OBs before you started the new game, not during the game & thus nuking the secure PBEM?

Andy
Hi Andy. The upgrading to 4.0 and installation of the new ob's according to the instructions were made first, and after that I set up the battle. This was just a test battle that I sent to Walrus to see if we could trigger the error message, and alas, we did.