.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 24th, 2013, 03:01 PM

First Lieutenant

bbz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Peace_and_Love, no diplo, gaming

Would it be possible to make the hosting intervals 72 hrs. Since I have a trip and I'm not sure if I'd be able to do many turns.
Old March 24th, 2013, 10:11 PM

First Lieutenant

PsiSoldier is an unknown quantity at this point

This game is far from over. Lanka is hurting now and Pangaea is only getting stronger. If Lanka does what I expect him to do this turn I will pretty much destroy him if all goes according to plan. Not to mention that the AI seems to be taking a pretty good chunk out of Lanka as well.

Anyways sorry about setting Helhiem to AI but I didn't even feel like messing around finding a sub. And it was done BEFORE I had any offers.
Old March 24th, 2013, 10:13 PM

First Lieutenant

As for changing the hosting period I prefer to keep it at 48 but if you need it temporarily changed for a trip I can do that. But I will be changing it back to 48.. Me myself I usually have my turn in in about 1 hour after receiving the new turn so I never understand why it takes other's so long to get turns in.
Old March 25th, 2013, 05:02 AM

First Lieutenant

No its not the fact of how long it takes to make a turn, its the fact that I can be away from the computer doing other things for 72hrs then I can come do my old turn and the new turn and then I have another 70+ hours where I don't have to think about dominions or finding a place with internet, or if I cant find internet then I just stale and minimise the damage done.(because its one stale instead of 2) I am happy to put the game back to 48hrs after that the time period I'm talking about is from the 28th of march till the 6th of April. So that should be like 3-4 turns if you guys don't mind.
Old March 25th, 2013, 05:03 AM

First Lieutenant

I do agree that now Pangaea seems to have the best chance of winning.
Old April 6th, 2013, 10:01 AM

First Lieutenant

Guys, I give up I can't keep this up anymore, you can offer someone to sub in for me just the game is not enjoyable anymore, I've slaughtered insane amount of Pangaea's units and the position is still undecided, but the whole micro is taking its toll. You can look for a sub for me or I can just turn AI if you want me to. Let me know which one you prefer.(the whole point is that if I leave then Ermor wins because Pangaea has no answer for Ermor's SC's) I can not win an attiration war against the 2 AI and Ermor, and if Pangaea hadn't attacked me and attacked and finished Ermor on time, they would have had a chance of winning(if they managed to come through me).

I can still stop Ermor (with pangaea's help) due to my anti-undead power(given that he's gone heavy on the Wendigos) but I really can not be bothered with this game anymore its not pleasant at all.
Old April 7th, 2013, 11:23 PM

First Lieutenant

I have a definite answer for Ermor's SCs It's called Life for a life And Horror Marks and let's not forget the lvl 9 blood spells that I'm more than capable of casting to send them off to hell. I already taught him not to send his King of Banefire's into my territory and I'm considering doing the same with his wendigo's The fact is His SC's couldn't kill my troops fast enough to prevent me from taking them out at my leisure. Soon as I see an SC in my dominion my immortal pretender gets teleported there to pop the SC a few good times and that's that although I'm not planning on doing it this turn since I'm curious what he's planning to do. Besides all that, Ermor's position is really hopeless. NO SC has any hope of besieging my forts on his own and Ermor has not got the resources to send a normal army to engage in that sort of warfare and if they did they would be facing an equal army of vampires each and every turn they were in my dominion. Of course that's not to mention I'm equipping my own gift of healthed SC's now too..

If you don't feel like playing any more I'd appreciate if you can find a Sub or give it a shot for a few days if you have no luck that I guess one more AI won't make a huge difference.

Last edited by PsiSoldier; April 7th, 2013 at 11:46 PM..
Old April 8th, 2013, 03:09 AM

First Lieutenant

Ok fair enough, I don't think I can stop you then either My decision was based on what I've seen from your warfare. I'd be happy to declare you the winner The AI is grinding my forces down, and I can't stop any of Ermor's SC's roaming my territory.

Not to mention your vampires. I manage to take out huge chunks of your army every now and then, but I think you can replace those quite quickly. Well played and thx for the game.
I will play the game until we get a reply from Ermor, but I had the feeling that he didn't fancy continuing the game either.
Old April 8th, 2013, 10:37 AM

Corporal

KeithZ is on a distinguished road

If bbz is going to leave, then please end this game and Pangaea wins.
Old April 8th, 2013, 11:15 AM

First Lieutenant

Ok congrats PsiSoldier, I forfeit, well played.