.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old October 13th, 2011, 07:21 PM

Private

buzzsaw is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nations - MA, CBM 1.6, max lvl 6 magic, NI, Assimilation mod - Running

All I can say is nice job Ulm!
You pretty much turned the tables on me. I can`t say I have seen that many master smiths before, and I paid for it. I was not expecting that to say the least.

I think I got a little too lax with the way that army had been rolling along.
Old October 14th, 2011, 04:19 AM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nations - MA, CBM 1.6, max lvl 6 magic, NI, Assimilation mod - Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzsaw View Post
You pretty much turned the tables on me. I can`t say I have seen that many master smiths before, and I paid for it. I was not expecting that to say the least.
Magma eruption spam, I assume? That just killed my southern army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olm View Post
No magic movement. And even with left behind troops the two armies shouldn't be able to pass each other, right?
I will have to investigate further.
There was some discussion about this a few years ago, I think. Some people said they'd never seen two armies pass each other, others did. I've never had it happen in MP but I think it has happened to me in SP. Couldn't prove it without a player to confirm the orders they gave but it seemed to me there were a few instances where the AI's forces couldn't have come from any other province and yet our armies passed each other by.
Old October 19th, 2011, 05:22 AM

Corporal

Louist is on a distinguished road

Sorry I've been out of the loop folks. I've been knocked out with a nasty flu for the last week, which coincided rather painfully with midterms, so when I wasn't writing an exam I was pretty much asleep or trying to keep my stomach under control!

I'll take some time tomorrow to read through the thread and catch up on the discussion.

With that said: Is it possible to get a 24 hour extension on this turn? I know it's late to ask, and I apologize for that, but I've been staring at my troops for 2 hours now and I still can't really focus on the game. Today's the first day I've really been out of bed in a while, and it's taken a lot more out of me than I expected. I need to call it a night.

If it's not, than no worries.
Old October 19th, 2011, 10:19 AM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road

No problem; hosting postponed 24 hours. If you need more time just let me know - no need to force yourself to complete turns if you're not feeling up to it.
Old October 19th, 2011, 04:21 PM

Private

Here`s hoping you feel better. Nasty flu sucks big time, especially during mid terms.
Old October 20th, 2011, 01:09 AM

Corporal

Alright! I feel rather caught up.

Thanks for the extension. I'm feeling more like my normal self, but I'm still exhausted. Getting up at 6 for class certainly doesn't help.

I'm about to get back to figuring out what to do this turn, but first some commentary:

I'm having a devil of a time countering these raids from buzz. Glamour is a downright pain to counter, and my slow, expensive, but still readily expendable troops just haven't had the right stuff when it comes to battles.

I'm really kicking myself for going with an SC for my pretender. As much as he gave me an early edge, he was useless the instant he died to Arco's Son of Titan. And the lack of diversity is compounding my problems.

I'm scrambling to meke out whatever edge I can, but I really don't have the experience (this is my... 6th(?) MP match, if you count the three first ones where I was taken out almost instantly. The others are still currently running.) to instinctively know what to do next.

Pan's done a wonderful job spreading disease. My sieging army took quite the hit, and what's left is slowly withering away!

Quote:

I think I got a little too lax with the way that army had been rolling along.
I haven't even seen that battle yet. The turn staled while I was incapacitated, and I haven't had the time yet to go back and load it up. That said, the meager remnants of that army leaves me wondering how much damage I actually did to you.
Old October 20th, 2011, 01:35 AM

Private

Since I`m awake thanks to the nice drunk couple arguing in the hotel room next to me.

You`ll have to go back to watch it. Granted, I did a number on your non-mage units, but your mages really hurt my mages. It was a great battle to watch.

Wow, husband finally left after 40 minutes of threatening to leave. 5 minues later, the angry drunk wife throws her 13 year old daughter out of the room and says go stay with your father. Oh what fun. Sigh.
Old October 20th, 2011, 02:02 AM

Corporal

Alright, turn sent, and I've seen that big battle from the previous turn... quite lengthy!

While I lost almost no commanders during the battle, the 20 who routed were all lost. Sigh.

I did learn some useful things, however! First, fire resistance (even 100%) doesn't protect against magma eruption. Second, Darkness pays incredible dividends for the cost. Third, Relief isn't an instant fatigue reset, and shouldn't be the last spell scripted
Old October 20th, 2011, 02:04 AM

Corporal

Quote:
Since I`m awake thanks to the nice drunk couple arguing in the hotel room next to me.

Wow, husband finally left after 40 minutes of threatening to leave. 5 minues later, the angry drunk wife throws her 13 year old daughter out of the room and says go stay with your father. Oh what fun. Sigh.
At least you don't have to go home to neighbours like that. (I hope!)
Old October 20th, 2011, 02:17 AM

Private

I never noticed you had any routed commanders in that one. I was just watching mine get decimated . Thanks for making me feel better

Darkness was real useful, I think you ended up hitting more of your guys then mine, especially when I first started casting it. However, you were able to get my mage who does the deed. He was more key to me then almost any other mage.

Thankfully things have finally quieted down next door. I have pretty decent neighbors back home who like the quiet life. Except for the occasional 2:00 a.m. baseball game with the guy who is blind. Still not sure why he was batting though. He did come over and apologize to the wife the next day.